Club Fly Dec 22nd

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Mike

Re: Club Fly Dec 22nd

Postby Mike » Tue, Dec 05 2006, 09:35 AM

Click here for Montrose Harbor

Banshee, do you find these google maps helpful?
TheBigKiteGuy, did I mark Cricket Hill correctly?

BANSHEE

Postby BANSHEE » Tue, Dec 05 2006, 09:42 AM

I guess I'll find out if it is marked correctly if I make it there. I sent out an email to a few Wisc. kite people I hope they can make it also.

I useed to play Rugby in a park on the lake, just east of the museum of science and industry. Is this close?
Thanks for the info.

Banshee

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Tue, Dec 05 2006, 08:26 PM

The museum is many miles south of Montrose harbor.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Dec 13 2006, 07:12 PM

For the Fly on the 22nd at Perry Farm... if anyone who is coming has a video camera and can bring it, there is a new trick setup that i came up with that people have asked to see on video. However, i do not have a vid-camera. It would only be a short clip and then maybe we can post it on this forum. If one isn't available... that's fine too.

i found out that, regarding the Dec. 26th Fly... i will not be able to come. Something else came up that i have to use my last personal day on... so i just can't pull that one off. :(
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 09:19 AM

Knotted, we have a camera that'll take videos. It doesn't take the greatest of videos, but it'll do a clip or two.

If we could borrow a set of quad lines for Kite Slayer, he may try flying with you all.

I'm ready for some kite time - I'm getting punchy with all the holiday hustle and bustle. :roll:
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 10:51 AM

I always carry extra sets of 120' long line. Kite Slayer may borrow a set any time. And he really, really, really, should fly with us. :revspin: :revspin: :revspin: Pleeeease? :-D

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 11:15 AM

I also carry 2 sets of 120' lines....

I'll also be bringing my camera...

Need kite time? HELL YEAH! After these last 3 weeks, I need something to relax me....

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 08:03 PM

Like a Christmas Turkey... the kite bag is stuffed and ready! :mrgreen:
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Kite Slayer

Postby Kite Slayer » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 08:16 PM

It will be an honor to fly whith you and my dad and i are going to make a nasa wing over brak so pray fo snow :revspin:

ttfn
kite slayer

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Dec 19 2006, 09:58 PM

Be sure to take photos as you build it so you can show us the whole process.
I'll hope for snow, but I'd like it to wait until after Friday if that's ok. :-)

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, Dec 20 2006, 12:37 AM

I really dont think we will be seeing any white stuff b/4 friday, and its looking kind o grim right now for any dryness too. Just wondering if all are willing to do the road trip and just hang out at some restaurant and shoot the breeze? I know I AM!!
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Wed, Dec 20 2006, 05:27 AM

All I know is that starting tonight, ALL my other responsibilities are complete (just spent the last 4 days putting together a DVD for Church), I'm on vacation until Jan 2nd and every bit of my free time will be spent.....

MAKING KITES!!!!!

My Circoflex is all laid out in color and size and parts are on the way

Next will be... I don't know! I will take suggestions... Spike Ball? Sled? Line Laundry? What do the accomplished mite makers here recommend for a second kite (assuming that my first one turns out ok..lol)

If I had enough material, I'd love to make a Playsail or Windbow....

If the day ends up being a wash, I'm willing to load my sewing machine up and bring it along...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Dec 20 2006, 08:39 PM

All of the hourly weather web sites that i've checked out for Friday say something different... from a 75% chance of rain all day with 8 mph winds... to little or no wet stuff at all with 18mph winds. So toss a coin on which one is right! Most likely, they are all wrong!

Here's what one stated:
Friday...Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon.

i suspect that we'll be able to fly without too much dampness... but that it will be rather windy.

Hopefully, it won't rain too much! Tomorrow's forecast for Friday will be fine-tuned to even more inept discrepancies.
Tom P.

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Dec 20 2006, 08:55 PM

Knoted4ever wrote:i suspect that we'll be able to fly without too much dampness... but that it will be rather windy.

I agree.
Not too bad a forecast for December. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Thu, Dec 21 2006, 12:28 AM

I don't know what I am doing Friday yet, other than working in the morning. It is a long drive for a couple of hours, if I can not leave until after lunch. I will have to wait and see what happens on Friday
Alan Sparling

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Dec 21 2006, 12:14 PM

You can phone us out on the field before you make the drive too. I'll PM you my cell phone number.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Dec 21 2006, 04:16 PM

forecast

light winds in the a.m. building during the day, tenth of an inch of rain, steady temps around 48°
Not bad. A little sun would be nice, but pretty good for December.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Dec 21 2006, 06:03 PM

My weather web sites are stating conflicting things again regarding Friday's weather. One hour-by-hour report shows no rain and nice winds; that would be great!

One site posts a fog advisory for Friday until noon. That may, if it's very foggy, be problematic for people who have to drive a long way. Please be careful and use common sense!
Tom P.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:44 PM

Alright since Mike put me in charge of making the call. I will do it right now and say...

:clubfly: :clubfly: :up: ITS A GO!!! THE CLUB FLY IS ON!!!!! :up: :clubfly: :clubfly:

RAIN or SHINE the DIE HARDS WILL BE OUT THERE!!!

:roll: :P the weather men NEVER know whats going on!!! :P :roll:

As Knoted4ever has said: "PLEASE DRIVE CAREFUL" if the weather is crummy from where you maybe coming from!!

SEE All out at PERRY FARMS!! :mrblue: :mrgreen: :mrviolet: 9am till ?
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Dec 22 2006, 06:20 AM

AND it's official for me... Elie is still sick and neither her or Jenny slept at all last night...

We're taking her to the Dr. this morning as this is turning into an ear infection and Thrush (long story) and has a pretty high temp... Poor kid.

As for me, I'll just have to work on finishing my Circoflex and maybe sneak out to my local field for 1/2 hr sometime before it gets dark..

Have fun guys and post PICTURES!

Chris (aka Babbman)

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”