Yup, we got hacked!

Check here to see what's been going on with the forum software
Jeff

Yup, we got hacked!

Postby Jeff » Sat, Feb 18 2012, 02:57 PM

Anybody that tried to access the IKE site between about 6:30 this morning and 2:45 pm undoubtedly noticed that our site was hijacked. Instead of the IKE site, you saw a page with some anti-SOPA and anti-RIAA messages. (SOPA was legislation that the US Congress was considering a few weeks ago that got the internet all up in arms. Rightfully so, in my opinion, today's vandalism notwithstanding.)

So I think that this was targeted against our web hosting service, and not us specifically. They (the hosting company) didn't make any friends when the initially came out in favor of the legislation. In any case, what happened was that this morning someone accessed our account and forwarded our domain to another one, and uploaded a new index page on our server.

I have reversed these actions, and changed the password on the account to something much stronger than it was.

Hopefully it's all back to normal now.

Thanks for your patience.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jynx

Re: Yup, we got hacked!

Postby Jynx » Sat, Feb 18 2012, 08:50 PM

You are such a GeekALoid! ...Thank Goodness!!!!!! :up:
:thanks:...for all your brain power! ;)
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Sun, Feb 19 2012, 05:41 AM

Thanks, Jeff for fixing everything!

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Feb 19 2012, 05:11 PM

Thanks Jeff. Nice to know that I can go play on the ice and you're keeping things humming back at home.

Return to “IKE Forum News”