very quiet...

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mike

very quiet...

Postby Mike » Fri, Feb 10 2012, 03:21 PM

It's sure been quiet around here lately.
Maybe the weather will improve and we can have a club fly in March. Besides the one in California!

Anyone building kites or getting out at all?

Jynx

Re: very quiet...

Postby Jynx » Fri, Feb 10 2012, 08:47 PM

Been flying at warm, sunny, New Smyrna Beach... Nah-na-nah-na-nah-nah!

See some of ya soon at KP-10!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Feb 10 2012, 09:04 PM

Yep, waaaay tooooo quiet. I haven't been out for a couple weeks. Not building anything either. I've been a bit too busy at work (mostly out of town). I'm hoping to get in an hour or so tomorrow while my daughter is at a lesson. I'm also thinking that I'll make a travel frame this week for one of my Revs . . . so I can take it with me when I head out of town for work. It was killing me all week when I looked out the window and saw flags flying every day . . . and me with no kites. And maybe I'll make a set of 40ft and 60ft line sets. However, I'll only be able fly at night due to work . . . .

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Feb 10 2012, 09:06 PM

Jynx wrote:Been flying at warm, sunny, New Smyrna Beach... Nah-na-nah-na-nah-nah!

Don't rub it in . . . . some of us won't be retired for a long time!

illescasd

Postby illescasd » Fri, Feb 10 2012, 11:24 PM

Well,

I grabbed adventure dog, and went out on Wednesday, with my new gift to myself. It was shifty, gusty, and cold. I got in about an hour, and then we both called it a day. Wednesday was the only decent day when I could get out. Even then, it was a shifty gusty, cold day at best. Better days are coming!

:piratecap:
David
"Don't bend the spoon, bend the space around it,,,"

O2bkytn

Postby O2bkytn » Sat, Feb 11 2012, 07:53 AM

Vicki Romanoff, Shawn and myself have been flying every weekend in Columbus, Ohio without fail!
We plan on meeting tomorrow too (Sunday). Forecast calls for 23 degrees and 13 mph breezes.
Down right balmy dont'cha think? :shock: ;)
To paint the sky is why....

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Feb 11 2012, 10:03 AM

It's just too gusty for me (windchill is 2º), but I'm very impressed with those of you who get out. Except Jynx--she's got it too easy :)
I assume that I'll see Vicki, Shawn and O2bkytn at the Kitefest formally known as Airwaves, in April. I'm looking forward to flying with you guys.
We'll do some big megafly stuff, it'll be great fun.

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Feb 11 2012, 11:20 AM

Lynn and I are looking forward to seeing some of you at KP in March. We are currently in Chula Vista, CA flying most every day. It's really too bad that you folks don't get to fly much, but there is light the end of your tunnel

Hang in there, and fly when you can. :up:

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

O2bkytn

Postby O2bkytn » Sun, Feb 12 2012, 12:20 AM

Mike wrote:I assume that I'll see Vicki, Shawn and O2bkytn at the Kitefest formally known as Airwaves, in April. I'm looking forward to flying with you guys.
We'll do some big megafly stuff, it'll be great fun.

No doubt we will all be there. It will be fun to participate in a megafly. :up: It will be my first.
Still pretty much a newbie to the dark side.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Feb 27 2012, 10:29 PM

O2bkytn wrote:Vicki Romanoff, Shawn and myself have been flying every weekend in Columbus, Ohio without fail!
We plan on meeting tomorrow too (Sunday). Forecast calls for 23 degrees and 13 mph breezes.

Hey O2bkytn - I will be in columbus (downtown) on Sunday March 4th. Will you be flying? I won't have a car, so my flying sites are probably limited to walking distance from Capitol Square. I'll send you a PM as well.

O2bkytn

Postby O2bkytn » Tue, Feb 28 2012, 04:50 AM

goestoeleven wrote:
O2bkytn wrote:Vicki Romanoff, Shawn and myself have been flying every weekend in Columbus, Ohio without fail!

Hey O2bkytn - I will be in columbus (downtown) on Sunday March 4th. Will you be flying? I won't have a car, so my flying sites are probably limited to walking distance from Capitol Square. I'll send you a PM as well.

PM answered...You are welcome to fly with us any time! "We'll pick you up".

Mux11

Postby Mux11 » Fri, Mar 02 2012, 10:49 PM

Well.... Quiet has not been a good thing this year! I got the festival wrapped up And work went nutz!

End result I am moving to Des Moines Ia. QC festival is still in place and a go for sept.
So the back story... I got loaned out at work to a client that I thought would reduce some of my work load. That was my first mistake. That ended the first part of feb. I've been working with my father and he is cutting the business back to reduce his stress which has been a long time coming. So now I'm looking for work and Jen starts a new job the end of march. And the fun begins.
Not looking forward to packing the kite room as I have too many projects in the works, but hey a new kite room is in my future.
I'll get out to as many feats as I can but for now it's all up in the Air ;)
James

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Mar 03 2012, 09:11 AM

Best of luck in Des Moines, James. QC's loss is Des Moine's gain.

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Sun, Mar 04 2012, 10:45 AM

James ~ Good Luck to you and Jen on your new adventure! Once settled! ...That's always the worst part!... Have some fun in-between all the gotta-do stuff! :bash:

If not before, See you in September. QC is such a great time... Glad to hear it's still on the calendar!

Best Wishes your way! :loveit:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Mar 04 2012, 11:45 PM

James - good luck in Des Moines. Hope to see you in September!

Bill (and Vicky and Alan) - had a great time flying with you guys today! A bit cold (and snowy) in Columbus, but still a good time flying.

O2bkytn

Postby O2bkytn » Mon, Mar 05 2012, 06:36 AM

goestoeleven wrote:Bill (and Vicky and Alan) - had a great time flying with you guys today! A bit cold (and snowy) in Columbus, but still a good time flying.

A BIT cold????
I was freezin"! Great to fly with you though, and I appreciated your Rev skills! :up: 8-)

Return to “Club Discussion”