First Official Club Fly--Oct 28, 2006

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Mike

First Official Club Fly--Oct 28, 2006

Postby Mike » Fri, Nov 03 2006, 10:03 PM

Our first official club fly was way fun!
According to the National Weather Service, the winds started out at 16, gusting to 26 and moved into the upper 20's with gusts up to 39mph.
We flew vented Rev 1.5's on 90# x 120' lines, and the kites handled those winds with no problems.

We felt those big gusts but were able to fly and do formations the whole day.

I think all of us had a good time and I'm really looking forward to the next club fly.

Babbman

Re: First Official Club Fly--Oct 28, 2006

Postby Babbman » Fri, Nov 03 2006, 10:11 PM

I was most dissapointed that I missed it...

BUT, I was able to spend my time also doing something contrsuctive for the club in getting the hosting site and forums setup so I don't consider the day a total loss for me.... even though I love flying more than typing and reading...

I am very pleased that the outing went well and am looking forward to more of them in the future.

I believe that the farmers almanac is forecasting that this winter will be mild and warm....

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri, Nov 03 2006, 10:33 PM

First club fly was a ball(as usual) Winds were a little heavy, but fun to fly in.

I really liked flying on the 120' lines. I went out a couple of days later on 75's, and thought they were too short!

I will be picking up a set of 120's, and mabye a vented Rev I. :loveit:

Looking forward to the next club fly, I'll have to get back to you on the 12th, Babb, not sure yet.
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 12:03 AM

Yes the club fly was a BLAST. Ol Ma' Natue made up for lost time with her hot or should I say rather quite cold breath. Blowing hard and strong, but thats why they make 1.5 vented. :-D :mrviolet: Cannot wait for the next one.

Ken
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”