Anyone want to fly on Saturday 10/22?

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Mike

Re: Anyone want to fly on Saturday 10/22?

Postby Mike » Mon, Oct 24 2011, 11:51 AM

Another quad flier! Maybe we can encourage some of them to come down Chicago way for a club (mega) fly?

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Oct 24 2011, 11:58 AM

goestoeleven wrote:

Jynx wrote:Anywho... bagged another quader today! Great flying UNTIL the rain hit! :-|

How many do you have now? I'm thinking we're going to see a new team at some of next year's festivals!

Over a dozen in the past year... most were spectators who I encouraged to just Try It!

Sometimes I even had to motion to them, who stood at some distance, to come over... then I simply hand them my handles and say... "try it"!

Interesting as they normally take the handles but say the same things... Thanks, but no (which I rarely listen to)... I don't think I could do that... I'm afraid I'll break it... and, I just enjoy watching... then to see their eyes light-up and their Big smile as they take off. I've learned to "KISS" the initial session (keeping it to a simple launch, while keeping their hands to their chest, and elbows locked to their sides, and simple little thumb movements) I found it works better than to over-explain the whole process and reasoning. Afterward I hand them one of my cards with my, and Rev, info on it.

However, regarding liability...I DO warn them about the infectious 'Dark-Side' obsession! Most have totally disregarded the warning and later purchased a Rev!

As far as team flying... I have about 6 who are ready and enjoy team-"playing" (2 or 3 of us at a time)... we're not ready for any performances as yet... and likely never will...(as we get together on a non-scheduled basis)... BUT we have a heck of alot of FUN and tons of laughs!!!

...and sometimes (often) I think I'm the one who gets the most enjoyment of all! :-D
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Oct 24 2011, 09:23 PM

Jynx, that sounds great. Good for you!
Maybe we need to have a club fly in Milwaukee?

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Oct 25 2011, 01:40 AM

Mike wrote:Jynx, that sounds great. Good for you!

YES...YES...YES!!! :clubfly: :LogoRevAni:

It would be great to have my peeps see some "REAL" team flying! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Oct 25 2011, 07:03 PM

Hmm . . .. Milwaukee next Saturday 10/29? Mike(s)? Other 180Go?

Of course, I haven't talked to the wife, and so I have no idea what my chances are for escaping to Milwaukee on Saturday . . . . .

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Oct 25 2011, 10:21 PM

I couldn't do it until Mid November.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Thu, Oct 27 2011, 10:44 AM

Mike wrote:Jynx, that sounds great. Good for you!

I gave Martin a club business card at Busse Woods earlier this week while I was tweaking new builds and modified revs. He and his companion flew my Phantom full-vent briefly. In five minutes he was nearly in full control of it, and smiled a lot. I hinted that Christmas is just around the corner and told him to check out the Speed Series of Revolution kites for boarding

Perhaps we should have a club fly at Busse and Milwaukee.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Thu, Oct 27 2011, 10:53 AM

Mike wrote:So where's Mark lately? I hope a job didn't get in the way of his kiting.

I wish one had. No money, no fuel -- makes it tough to get out except locally.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”