Who is flying what, where and when this week 7/31 - 8/6/2011

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
goestoeleven

Who is flying what, where and when this week 7/31 - 8/6/2011

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Jul 30 2011, 09:42 PM

Hello all . . . and welcome to the new week. Hope we get some good winds.

So far, we have a possible fly from Captain tomorrow in this thread here and a club fly on Saturday the 6th in this thread. We also have Alden Miller coming to Chicago on the 1st in case anyone can fly with him downtown on Monday (see this thread) afternoon.

And last but not least . . . my guess is Mark (makatakam) is ready to fly just about any day anyone wants to fly!

makatakam

Re: Who is flying what, where and when this week 7/31 - 8/6/

Postby makatakam » Sat, Jul 30 2011, 11:38 PM

As John Wayne would say, "Uh, You got that right, Pilgrim!" Alden, post it here, or call me at 847.340.0366 Have kites, will travel.

Steve, the cross-referencing you do with the "here" and "thread" and "see this thread" is awesome, and if youteach me how to do that, I'll have to kill you! (Death by kite?)
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jul 31 2011, 09:23 AM

makatakam wrote:As John Wayne would say, "Uh, You got that right, Pilgrim!" Alden, post it here, or call me at 847.340.0366 Have kites, will travel.

Steve, the cross-referencing you do with the "here" and "thread" and "see this thread" is awesome, and if youteach me how to do that, I'll have to kill you! (Death by kite?)

Mark - Are you a member over on revkites? Alden posted a thread there saying he was coming to Chicago. That thread on revkites is here.

As far as how to post a link, that's easy. I've posted how to do it over here :-D

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sun, Jul 31 2011, 10:11 AM

I clicked the link to the rev site and got there, but I saw that I could not post (small print somewhere near the bottom I think), and I looked for some way to register so that I could. Found nothing, gave up and posted what you saw on the IKE forum.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Aug 01 2011, 09:06 PM

Drove south yesterday and make it all the way to Kankakee. Had "chocoholic" blizzard at the Dairy Queen (good stuff, after 2.5 hours of scenic-route driving). I took my laptop with and posted that I was flying at Limestone Park, and, I'll swear on a stack of bibles, "Darkspark" was there in less than ten minutes. Vewy, vewy scawy. We flew and shot the sh_t for a couple of hours. Winds were very much "Illinois"; he flew a really nice rev (can't remember exactly what), and I flew my "all-white until last weekend" ul home-made. Lots of fun!!!!

Flew today at Busse Woods in "thermal backdrafts" (fly for two minutes, wait 10 minutes for the next one). All home-made ul's.

Will fly Chicago tomorrow; most likely Montrose Harbor or Foster Avenue with Alden Miller, if his ankle is better. ATTENTION CHICAGO AREA REV FLYERS, JOIN US IF YOU CAN. Call me at 847-340-0366 around 5pm, for location.
MARK

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Tue, Aug 02 2011, 09:04 AM

I think it was exactly 7 minutes. It was good fun!

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Aug 03 2011, 07:34 PM

Flew my full-vent Phantom at Montrose Harbor yesterday. Alden couldn't make it, so I flew alone until this big, grey, ominous cloud started moving over me from the northwest. Winds were strong from the south/southeast, shifting constantly, gusting and disappearing. Alden, you didn't miss a thing. Hope your ankle is better.

Spent today browsing the rev forum, got some good ideas for a rev modification. I'll work on it this week, bring it to the club fly if it's ready by then.
MARK

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Aug 03 2011, 08:12 PM

Glad to hear you made it out to fly, even though Alden didn't make it. I wasn't able to get downtown, but I did get out for a bit at the local field where I flew in variable wind for about a half hour before packing up. Too many trees around my local field, and I could see the storm off to the north heading your way.

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Thu, Aug 04 2011, 12:33 PM

I flew for a couple hours last night. It was fantastic! 10-12mph Mid-vent. NOT 110 degrees. Good times. MY sister met me and flew her dulie for a bit also.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Thu, Aug 04 2011, 08:22 PM

Flew at South Green Belt forest preserve today, 1.5sle & h-m ul, winds steady at 4-6. Steady wind makes it soooooo much easier. See more info about this preserve in the 8-6 club fly thread.
MARK

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”