Forum Etiquette

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
makatakam

Forum Etiquette

Postby makatakam » Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:25 AM

Would it be "inappropriate" to use my home-made avatar on the rev site? :oops:
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Mike

Re: Forum Etiquette

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 02 2011, 12:34 PM

They get pretty sensitive over there about non-rev kites. To be on the safe side, I wouldn't do it.

Sometimes when you show Ben (the General Manager of Revolution) a home made kite he'll bless it and you're good to go. I've even seen Joe Hadiziki (the guy who invented the kite) whip out a sharpie and draw the Rev logo on a home made kite. I guess that makes it official.

Now if you were selling the kite, that'd be a whole different ball game. I've seen Ben take someone's Chinese made kite (which he bought off ebay) and cut it up in front of the guy. He then had me jump on the spars to break them. Which was kind of fun. Then Ben gave the guy a brand new genuine Rev.

The Patent on Revs has expired, but as of this year, Rev now has a trademark on the rev shape.

makatakam

Re: Forum Etiquette

Postby makatakam » Tue, Aug 02 2011, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the input, I was reluctant to do it, and now I'm sure I shouldn't. Neat forum there, lot's of tweaking info. I'm in heaven.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Return to “Club Discussion”