Lost lines/Best online place to buy ?

All about Dual Line Kiting.
Captain

Lost lines/Best online place to buy ?

Postby Captain » Wed, Jul 20 2011, 12:03 PM

I don't know where I lost my lines for Stunt kite but I am in market for new lines. Don't know the terminology but the whole thing winder, lines and wrist wrap - can't find all of it. So question is what's the best place to buy line and get it shipped...

Here is the kite: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XA25Q4

thanks for your help!

Mike

Re: Lost lines/Best online place to buy ?

Postby Mike » Wed, Jul 20 2011, 01:07 PM

A member of our club recently started a kite shop. He makes the best quad line sets, bar none. Always accurate and stay that way. He's also got great prices. I haven't bought lines for a dually in a long time, but I'd give him a call.
http://thekitesite.net/

Captain

Postby Captain » Wed, Jul 20 2011, 03:11 PM

Mike wrote:A member of our club recently started a kite shop. He makes the best quad line sets, bar none. Always accurate and stay that way. He's also got great prices. I haven't bought lines for a dually in a long time, but I'd give him a call.
http://thekitesite.net/

Cool - thanks for the info. Just left the message.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:09 PM

Wow Just saw the post

We can help Real store real people open 7 days a week for over 20 years We carry the best line on the market Shanti all hand measured All sizes in stock give us a call 773-467-1428 or check us out at
chicagokite.com or stop in 5445 N Harlem Chicago il

Thanks
David

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:48 PM

Yup that's right, there's Chicago Kite too. They carry Shanti.
I was just trying to give the new Shop a leg up. Mike at thekitesite.net is not only a real people too, he's the nicest guy you could know.
Mike carries Laser Pro. Maybe Shanti too?

I wont start the discussion about which line is better. If anyone wants to start that debate, we should start it in a new thread.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Thu, Jul 21 2011, 02:05 PM

I like the PEX Chinese import POS fishing line. You can buy a 1000 meter spool for $20.00. It binds up beautifully after 3 or 4 spins and makes the kite extremely difficult to control, thus making you a much better flyer in a short time.

(And if you actually believe this, I've got a bridge in New York and some land in Florida you're just gonna love to own.)

Stick with the Shanti or Laser pro. I lean towards Laser pro, but it is pricey.

The Shanti feels soft. The Laser pro feels stiff. Get one of each and make a choice.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Jul 21 2011, 06:34 PM

makatakam wrote:...
Stick with the Shanti or Laser pro. I lean towards Laser pro, but it is pricey.

The Shanti feels soft. The Laser pro feels stiff. Get one of each and make a choice.

I you favor dual line kites, then the Shanti is probably your line of choice ... seems to be more slippery for those extra wraps ... and is softer for those slack line tricks.

But, if you're going to fly in a group with Revs, then save yourself a lot of grief and buy Laser Pro. The softness of the Shanti is due to a lack of coating, which in turn, allows the weave to open up with non-parallel line loads. Wrap your lines around your partner's lines, develop a slight angle, and there's a good chance the lines will lock up. My son and I have stopped using Shanti when flying together. If you're a hermit, then no problem. I usually grab my set of Shanti's when flying alone ... trying to wear them out.

Cheers,
Tom

Captain

Postby Captain » Fri, Jul 22 2011, 08:52 AM

Thanks everyone for posting and providing help...

Return to “Dual Line Kites”