Google+ Invites

Talk about anything you want
Elix

Google+ Invites

Postby Elix » Tue, Jul 12 2011, 09:50 AM

So I've been on Google+ a couple weeks and it seems like it's here to stay. For those that aren't aware, it's Google's answer to Facebook & Twitter. I don't know if it's gonna overtake the originals, but I'm signed up and building my friend-base, anyway. Right now it has a different feel to it. Facebook is Farmville invites and your grandma has over 1000 friends. G+ is more tech and elite. Of course that could change over time. Another thing G+ has going for it is privacy. By default, sharing is restricted and you choose who gets to see what every time you make a post, whereas on Facebook, sharing is wide-open by default and you have agreed (whether you know it or not) to let Facebook sell anything you upload. For Android users, each picture you take gets automatically uploaded to G+, where you can choose to share it or not. That's an option you can shut off of course, if you're on a limited data-plan.

Anyone looking for an invite? Just post or PM your G-mail address.
Chris

Jeff

Re: Google+ Invites

Postby Jeff » Tue, Jul 12 2011, 12:04 PM

I pretty much use all the Google stuff. I've been on Google+ too, and I like it pretty well.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jul 12 2011, 12:36 PM

I'm on too :)

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Tue, Jul 12 2011, 12:43 PM

Me too, although I have spent no time playing around with it. I will soon.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue, Jul 12 2011, 05:20 PM

I really like the photo album handling, especially with Picasa and being able to easily upload and post from the phone, or post the phone pics from the web after they automatically upload from the phone. Since I don't really need to share full resolution pictures on G+, I like how it just automatically resizes them down to their limit.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Return to “Not Kites”