Forum Page Too Wide

Hints and tips on using the IKE Forum.
Darkspark

Forum Page Too Wide

Postby Darkspark » Sat, Nov 20 2010, 03:59 PM

Ok, so I got a new laptop. It is running Windows 7. When I get on the forum main page, the page displays so wide it will not fit onto the screen. I have to scroll over to see the right side. I have been using Google Chrome as a browser. I have not tried Firefox or IE yet, but I am digging the Chrome and would like to stick with it. I can zoom out with the touch pad, but it makes the text hard to read. Is there a way for me to narrow the page without zooming in or changing my screen resolution? If not I guess I will have to deal with losing that whole second or two of my life every time I look at the forum. Seconds I could be using so achieve world peace, or finalizing my plans to take over the world. I haven't decided which way to go yet. :-D
Thanks Mikey

Jeff

Re: Forum Page Too Wide

Postby Jeff » Sat, Nov 20 2010, 05:25 PM

Mikey, I use Chrome too. I like it a lot.

I've experience the same problem you're talking about. The problem is with the recent topic ticker near the bottom of the page. It forces the view to be larger than the screen.

There is a bandaid for this, however. Look at the box called Statistics on the main forum page at the bottom. At the right corner of the title bar, there is a + or - for collapsing or expanding that box. Press the - to collapse it, and the ticker goes away, as well as the wide page problem.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Sun, Nov 21 2010, 04:21 PM

Awesome, Problem solved. Back to achieving world peace.........
Thanks for the help
:thanks:

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Nov 22 2010, 07:47 AM

Glad you chose world peace...

Return to “Forum Usage, Tips & Tricks”