Picasa 3.5 Photo Manager Software

Talk about anything you want
RevJB

Picasa 3.5 Photo Manager Software

Postby RevJB » Sat, Sep 26 2009, 02:03 PM

I just upgraded from Google's Picasa 3.0 to Picasa 3.5. The new version has face recognition software that will go through all your albums and identify faces, group them, and have you name them. It is very good. It was able to identify my kids in pictures whether they were 5 years old or 16. There were a few errors or unidentified faces, but very few considering the thousands of photos it reviewed.

It has nice chronological listing and tagging features. You can also geotag photos.

It also allows you to create albums similar to Itunes playlist concepts. You don't have to have multiple copies of the pictures. Great for creating family albums for digital picture frames for both sets of in-laws.

Best of all it is free!

http://picasa.google.com/Picasa 3.5
John
:LogoRevAni:

Babbman

Re: Picasa 3.5 Photo Manager Software

Postby Babbman » Sun, Sep 27 2009, 12:07 PM

I like Picassa... but, I also like Acdsee, which I have been using for a very long time...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jeff

Re: Picasa 3.5 Photo Manager Software

Postby Jeff » Sun, Sep 27 2009, 10:06 PM

I use Picasa here and there, but I've got thousands of photos tagged in Photoshop Elements. I've always found that the easiest one for organization.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Return to “Not Kites”