Revolution B-Series Zen

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Jeff

Revolution B-Series Zen

Postby Jeff » Tue, Aug 11 2009, 01:05 PM

Yup...a new kite is being introduced.

It's essentially a Rev 1 sized B-Series. Well a bit more than that, but for the details, there's a thread over on the Rev forum talking about it.

Seems what John and Bazzer and the others are saying is that it's designed for low wind. When nothing else will fly, the Zen can allow you to even fly team.

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3065
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jeepster

Re: Revolution B-Series Zen

Postby Jeepster » Tue, Aug 11 2009, 04:32 PM

Jeff wrote:Yup...a new kite is being introduced. ... When nothing else will fly, the Zen can allow you to even fly team.

Jeff,

Does it come with a guarantee? I've been chasing that "will fly by itself in no wind" kite for over a year now. I'm positive it's just hype to convince me that I have to own another kite. Reminds me of the Greek Mythology stories about the chase for the holy grail. I think low wind flying is a lot like Dorthy's companions in the Wizard of Oz ... they all had what they most wanted, they just didn't recognize it. More practice ... more practice ... more practice ... more practice ... don't listen to the hype ... more practice .... more practice ... don't listen to the hype ... more practice ...

But, one can hope. Can I try yours when it arrives? Please.

Cheers,
Tom

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue, Aug 11 2009, 04:46 PM

Jeepster wrote:
Jeff wrote:Yup...a new kite is being introduced. ... When nothing else will fly, the Zen can allow you to even fly team.

Jeff,

Does it come with a guarantee? I've been chasing that "will fly by itself in no wind" kite for over a year now. I'm positive it's just hype to convince me that I have to own another kite. Reminds me of the Greek Mythology stories about the chase for the holy grail. I think low wind flying is a lot like Dorthy's companions in the Wizard of Oz ... they all had what they most wanted, they just didn't recognize it. More practice ... more practice ... more practice ... more practice ... don't listen to the hype ... more practice .... more practice ... don't listen to the hype ... more practice ...

But, one can hope. Can I try yours when it arrives? Please.

Cheers,
Tom

I won't be getting a Zen anytime soon. I just bought a new kite and some KAP equipment.

Sure looks like a nice kite, though. And really, I have to hand it to them for trying to produce new and better products. That's what a business needs to do.

Maybe by the time I'm ready to think about buying one we'll see if the people that have them are still as stoked over them.

I like changing it up once in a while and flying a larger or smaller kite, but the 1.5 is a real sweet spot for speed and precision. I can see the value in low wind team flying, having been in a few situations where I'd be able to fly alone ok, but keeping formations is more difficult.

IKE is on Image too!

cadguy

Postby cadguy » Fri, Sep 04 2009, 08:36 PM

Hello gang,
iQuad recently went to Bogota, Columbia and flew their Zens in team flying. there's a video of it somewhere and in the background you can see a flag on a flagpole (no duh?!) where the flag is hardly in motion.
If anyone is going to the MOTS Milwaukee fest, iQuad will be there and maybe you can test drive it.
I may go to MOTS if the Cleveland Kite Fest gets the rain that is currently on the forecast.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:06 PM

cadguy wrote:Hello gang,
iQuad recently went to Bogota, Columbia and flew their Zens in team flying. there's a video of it somewhere and in the background you can see a flag on a flagpole (no duh?!) where the flag is hardly in motion.
If anyone is going to the MOTS Milwaukee fest, iQuad will be there and maybe you can test drive it.
I may go to MOTS if the Cleveland Kite Fest gets the rain that is currently on the forecast.

I'll be at Mots on the Saturday. 180 Go is at another fest on Sunday, though. (Dekalb, IL)

IKE is on Image too!

Return to “Quad Line Kites”