Quick Fly - Sunday Aug. 2 - Northern Suburbs?

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Jeff

Quick Fly - Sunday Aug. 2 - Northern Suburbs?

Postby Jeff » Sat, Aug 01 2009, 08:08 PM

Anybody want to fly tomorrow? I've got the day to myself...was thinking maybe Vernon Hills or something north like that. Bill expressed interest in coming. Check the maps link at the top of the page for the exact location.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

BillLamm

Re: Quick Fly - Sunday Aug. 2 - Northern Suburbs?

Postby BillLamm » Sat, Aug 01 2009, 08:17 PM

Jeff wrote:Anybody want to fly tomorrow? I've got the day to myself...was thinking maybe Vernon Hills or something north like that. Bill expressed interest in coming. Check the maps link at the top of the page for the exact location.

what time were you thinking?? wunderground weather says winds at 6 mph from the west all morning climbing to 9 then 11 mph in the afternoon

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sat, Aug 01 2009, 08:35 PM

I was thinking around noon. Maybe a little earlier if I can get some "chores" done around the house.

IKE is on Image too!

RevJB

Postby RevJB » Sat, Aug 01 2009, 08:37 PM

Chris and I are tied up between 12:30 and 2:30 pm. We might catch part of the day.
John
:LogoRevAni:

BillLamm

Postby BillLamm » Sun, Aug 02 2009, 08:31 AM

I am aiming for noon, ( and kids think they are the only ones with chores)

BillLamm

Postby BillLamm » Sun, Aug 02 2009, 08:40 PM

The wind was on and off and from all directions but east.... but the field is high and wide open

:thanks: Thank you Jeff for the use of your kites and the wisdom you imparted.. a wonderful time flying and talking..

I am converted to the dark side... (just need to figure out how I am getting one of them [strike]light sabers[/strike] rev kites)

having flown both the b-vented and the standard 1.5 unvented in next to know wind up to a nice challenge on the vented I am thinking the mid vent with a 3 wrap may be the best single kite for the mid west... having said that, I cant decide if I should get the fully vented or the unvented first?!?!? :wallb:

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sun, Aug 02 2009, 09:51 PM

Ah yes...such a fun decision. I notice that you remark, which to get first. :-D

On thing you can do is take note of what kind of winds you see most days, now that you're a little more familiar with what it takes to fly each one.

Still, I think the standard sail is probably the best first kite from the perspective of being able to fly more often in less wind. The vented may be a little more stable, and might seem a little easier to learn on, but you're off to a really good start. You'll be fine with either one. You've got natural ability, and are as good as any first-timer I've seen.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

IKE is on Image too!

BillLamm

Postby BillLamm » Mon, Aug 03 2009, 05:01 PM

Jeff wrote:Ah yes...such a fun decision. I notice that you remark, which to get first. :-D

On thing you can do is take note of what kind of winds you see most days, now that you're a little more familiar with what it takes to fly each one.

Still, I think the standard sail is probably the best first kite from the perspective of being able to fly more often in less wind. The vented may be a little more stable, and might seem a little easier to learn on, but you're off to a really good start. You'll be fine with either one. You've got natural ability, and are as good as any first-timer I've seen.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

LOL... today was a 4 wrap vented day....

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”