Milwaukee Tour De Kites July 3, 2009

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
catspaw00

Re: Milwaukee Tour De Kites July 3, 2009

Postby catspaw00 » Thu, Jul 02 2009, 05:29 PM

Jynx wrote:
RevJB wrote:Catspaw00,

I received a PM from you , but the reply bounced.

Check my profile. I've added my email address in other information. Send me an email and I'll reply with my cell phone.

John
Catspaw... Just tried again to PM you. Did not go thru, this is the PM response:

"The user you are trying to send the PM could not receive your message because he/she decided to not receive Private Messages".

*sigh* I have checked it on two computers now, thinking it might have something to do with my connection to the Internet, but no joy. I am reduced to pouting and whining.

I'll put my e-mail address in my profile (and hopefully _that_ will update), if you want to e-mail me, Jynx.

-Wendy

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Thu, Jul 02 2009, 06:36 PM

catspaw00 wrote:*sigh* I have checked it on two computers now, thinking it might have something to do with my connection to the Internet, but no joy. I am reduced to pouting and whining.

I'll put my e-mail address in my profile (and hopefully _that_ will update), if you want to e-mail me, Jynx.

-Wendy

Just sent you an email w/info.
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Jul 03 2009, 08:03 AM

Wendy,
are your PMs working now?

catspaw00

Postby catspaw00 » Fri, Jul 03 2009, 08:18 AM

Mike wrote:Wendy,
are your PMs working now?

Yup. Everything is operational. :)

:thanks:

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Jul 03 2009, 10:42 AM

Event parking is $20 down here. You have to get a pass to not pay. Talk to the parkers, Joe and Lauren. Tell them you're a kiter. The password is "peaches."
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Jul 03 2009, 09:22 PM

Ah, back from Brewtown.

The wind was not really cooperating today. There wasn't much more than nothing all day until maybe 4 PM. Then, finally, a more sustained wind from the south picked up. So we did get some decent flying in.

Man, that place was packed! People camping out, staking out territory for their tents. It was really nice that the south end of the park was fenced off for the area where the actual fireworks were to be set up, and the kiters got to be in that fenced area. Nice and roomy for us! :)

In the morning, I had a news camera taking some shots of me flying on my short lines...and working hard to do so. ;-) I wonder if that will get posted anywhere.

Jynx and Ross were out there all day, and Brett and Mark and Geno and Dan Newman was there. John and Chris, and the family, and Wendy made it out there too. (I think we might have another Rev pilot :-D ) Wendy did great on her first Rev flight once the winds picked up late in the day.

There was a fun little incident with Scott's octopus. After they finally got it up, the wind did a 180 shift. The pilot started whipping around toward the water, and the octopus started falling...right toward all the set up fireworks! Dan was running over as fast as he could, and then I took off with and Chris and John and whoever else ran over there... the octopus landed over a small tree and I think partially over the mortars. We had to step around the firing wires on the ground and extricate the octopus from the tree. Fortunately, nothing damaged.

Could have had more windy hours, but had a good time with everyone nonetheless. Thanks so much for the food and drinks Jynx.

I got out early...hope everyone that stayed enjoyed the fireworks from those front row seats...they are really front row!
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Jul 04 2009, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the update Jeff.
Wendy, welcome to the darkside...

RevJB

Postby RevJB » Sat, Jul 04 2009, 09:25 AM

We stayed for the fireworks.

:mrgreen: UNBELIEVABLE! :mrblue: (Yes, I'm shouting)

An hour long show with a "half-time" burst better than most grand finales. No one sitting in front of us. So close we found pieces of cardboard from the shells all over the ground and us. Fantastic reflections of the firework bursts off the skyscrapers to our right.

Any fireworks fan must put this on their bucket list.

Scott Fisher from the Gift of Wings store is very nice and stopped to introduce himself to me becauseer I was wearing my IKE shirt. We also met Tony W towards the end of the evening. Jynx met him as well. A local young man that built an 8 ft Rok from plans on the Internet as his first kite and built his own KAP rig. Using hacked firmware for his Canon digital camera and his own programming to tilt, pan, and take interval shots. Chris (my son) has the website where Tony will be posting his pictures.

I'll be posting mine soon to IKE FLICKR.

John

:LogoRevAni:
Last edited by RevJB on Sat, Jul 04 2009, 03:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Jul 04 2009, 06:38 PM

AWESOME photo John!

catspaw00

Postby catspaw00 » Sun, Jul 05 2009, 11:35 AM

I am sooooooo in trouble. I'm starting a new thread in a more appropriate topic. And I blame all of you who were in Milwaukee on Friday. *grin*

-Wendy

:thanks: :revspin:

RevJB

Postby RevJB » Mon, Jul 06 2009, 06:30 PM

Welcome to the darkside. Next time I'll get a picture to show you made the transition.

Something for the SLK crowd. I believe it is a Barabara Meyer kite

Chris, Brett, and Jeff

Jynx

A mega "burst"

John

catspaw00

Postby catspaw00 » Tue, Jul 07 2009, 11:37 AM

Friends & family are giving me crap because I don't have any photos of me flying anything - next time I have to get at least one picture.

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”