New Blast & Supersonic Rods

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Babbman

New Blast & Supersonic Rods

Postby Babbman » Wed, Jun 17 2009, 03:55 PM

Revolution is now selling a Race Frame for the Blast and is testing a 4 wrap skinny LE for the Shock Wave...

Somehow, I was able to get a set of each that just happened to show up today!

Basically, these are skinny rods to replace the SLE on both of the kites. The existing down spars remain as is. Each leading edge is $60.

I'll be working with these for a while to see how they feel and will have them with me on Sunday for Prairie Fest.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Sailor99

Re: New Blast & Supersonic Rods

Postby Sailor99 » Thu, Jun 18 2009, 03:02 AM

They are really sweet in very light winds, but they flex in a really weird way when you really load the LE. Once you get used to that it is not a problem though.

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Thu, Jun 18 2009, 05:04 AM

Somehow?

:loveit:

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Jun 18 2009, 05:46 AM

Sailor99 wrote:They are really sweet in very light winds, but they flex in a really weird way when you really load the LE. Once you get used to that it is not a problem though.

I noticed that.. The LE tends to bow towards you and it was a little unsettling when it did that the first time.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Sailor99

Postby Sailor99 » Thu, Jun 18 2009, 06:54 AM

Yep, that's what I was meaning. And then they spring back, and sort of bounce for a while in rather sickening way too!

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Jun 18 2009, 08:56 AM

Sailor99 wrote:Yep, that's what I was meaning. And then they spring back, and sort of bounce for a while in rather sickening way too!

that was it!

I was flying in about 5mph winds with a few gusts of 10-12... in the light winds, it handles really well. The springiness was rather disconcerting when the wind picked up.

I was thinking that maybe a bridle adjustment may be needed... then again, the sail is just long and narrow and there may be nothing that can be done except adjusting your flying style a bit...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the shockwave in similar conditions.

Chris (aka Babbman)

Return to “Quad Line Kites”