Candlelight & Carols

Talk about anything you want
Babbman

Candlelight & Carols

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 02:05 PM

For anyone who loves big band music and is looking for something interesting and family oriented for Christmas...

Candlelight & Carols, presented by New Life Church, Yorkville, IL

I will be playing Bass Guitar on 1/2 the show as well as providing the minor video accouterments.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the church I attend where I am a part of the music ministry as a Bass Guitarist. I'been going there for about 3 years now and also play all kinds of other musical events with various friends I have accumulated over the last 25 years of playing.

Hope to see you there!

Here's a map to New Life Church

C

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Grant L

Re: Candlelight & Carols

Postby Grant L » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 11:14 PM

I lived in Yorkville for about a year or so in the early 1990's. While I lived there I played in the American Legion big band :-D

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 11:26 PM

I swear that the Image is minuscule....

Was Rick Falato directing then?

We have a full band rehearsal tomorrow so I will get to see if this will be good or if I should feign sickness next weekend... :oops:

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 10:25 PM

Candlelight & Carols went over very well... just got done playing the last show... completely packed house and I have never had so much fun playing...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Dec 03 2006, 11:15 PM

Glad to here it was a good time!!!

Sorry it totally slipped my mind that it was this weekend!! :oops: :(
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Dec 04 2006, 06:08 AM

ain't no thang Ken... We had it taped and I have to put the DVD together this week.... if you want a copy, please let me know.

From a musicians standpoint, it was an incredible gig. I consider myself to be lucky beyond compare to be able to play with the caliber of musicians that I have gotten myself in with over the last 5 years... Not just good players, but good people and good teachers... The music I get to play is difficult at times but extremely cool. I would never have thought that Christian music was as cool as it has turned out to be. IMHO, it totally puts to shame any of the pop music out there today... Also, I do not have to deal with any of the typical ego crap that I did when playing in rock and roll bands in the past...

At the same time, I also get to hone my skills as a video editor with all kinds of cool and interesting projects...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Return to “Not Kites”