Which Rods???

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
TeamTrejo

Re: Which Rods???

Postby TeamTrejo » Wed, May 06 2009, 03:14 PM

Babbman wrote: can't remember any day of glass smooth winds in the 4 years I've been flying.

Kites Over Lake Michigan - Two Rivers, WI

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, May 06 2009, 05:00 PM

TeamTrejo wrote:
Babbman wrote: can't remember any day of glass smooth winds in the 4 years I've been flying.

That's not really a midwest location. It's a coastal location that somehow got stuck in the midwest. :P
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, May 06 2009, 09:40 PM

TeamTrejo wrote:

:shock: :shock: If my memory serves correct I remember getting the team ready for a demo with light winds blowing - We head out to the field and having to STRUGGLE through HEAVY WINDS with sul's!!! :shock: :shock:

SMOOTH AS GLASS - my A**!!! Midwest IS NEVER smooth anywhere. :roll: But always a fun challenge none the less. 8)
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Sailor99

Postby Sailor99 » Thu, May 07 2009, 02:51 AM

Babbman wrote:
Sailor99 wrote:
I also find that experience, ability and patience seems to have more effect on flying than rod weights in a lot of cases...
Totally agreed. Have you ever noticed how the worst tennis players seem to have the best racket? I have even heard that there is a pretty good team somewhere in the mid-west that don't feel the need to use B-series kites, let alone Pros. What ever next!
Last edited by Sailor99 on Thu, May 07 2009, 02:52 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, May 09 2009, 07:38 PM

I'm a little a late getting in the discussion here. I've been a bit internet deprived for a week and will still be missing for another week or so.
AT&T was supposed to get me internet set up at my Dad's house last week, but there was a screw up.

I mostly fly 2 wraps. Either a standard sail with 2's or a vented with 2's.
I agree with what Sailor said way back in this thread as far as variability in spars and setup.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”