2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Mike » Wed, Mar 11 2009, 10:31 AM

Chicago Kite sent me this info:
...on april 18th the monne reservoir is holding a kite fly 10-5 Denny and a few others are going down there We will be there ... Its down near kanakee.
Should be pretty nice it has a big lake .

www.fpdwc.org/monee.cfm heres the link to park it the first year no sound no ropes
eather just big place kind of like oswego


If we get a few members posting here that they are going, I'll move this to the festival section of the forum.
If you do go, please take some photos to share with us.

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed, Nov 22 2006, 09:03 AM
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Jeff » Wed, Mar 11 2009, 11:21 AM

Mike wrote:Chicago Kite sent me this info:
...on april 18th the monne reservoir is holding a kite fly 10-5 Denny and a few others are going down there We will be there ... Its down near kanakee.
Should be pretty nice it has a big lake .

www.fpdwc.org/monee.cfm heres the link to park it the first year no sound no ropes
eather just big place kind of like oswego


If we get a few members posting here that they are going, I'll move this to the festival section of the forum.
If you do go, please take some photos to share with us.

Looks like quite a few Illinois towns are doing this type of thing on the 18th. Lining it up with Earth Day it appears. Too bad there's so much overlap.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

User avatar
Knoted4ever
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu, Nov 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Location: Martinton, Illinois

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Mar 15 2009, 01:51 AM

i may go to this one, but it depends. Does anyone know how big the fields are?... or if they are surrounded by big trees? The trail map (at their web site) seems rather limited.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed, Nov 22 2006, 09:03 AM
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Jeff » Sun, Mar 15 2009, 10:24 AM

Knoted4ever wrote:i may go to this one, but it depends. Does anyone know how big the fields are?... or if they are surrounded by big trees? The trail map (at their web site) seems rather limited.

Hard to say exactly where the flying will be, but the web site says by the water's edge.

Here's a picture of that area..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3&t=h&z=17
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

User avatar
Knoted4ever
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu, Nov 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Location: Martinton, Illinois

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Mar 26 2009, 09:20 PM

Looks rather mediocre to me. i'll think about it.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

User avatar
Knoted4ever
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu, Nov 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Location: Martinton, Illinois

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Apr 17 2009, 10:27 PM

i'll go to this one, since it's close to where i live.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

User avatar
Frodos Majik
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 08:33 PM
Location: Calumet City, IL.

Re: 2009: April 18th, Monee Reservoir Kite Fly

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Apr 19 2009, 02:06 PM

Knoted4ever wrote:i'll go to this one, since it's close to where i live.



and so how did things go Tom? Inquiring minds want to know...
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests