Chris aka "Babbman"

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
Babbman

Chris aka "Babbman"

Postby Babbman » Tue, Nov 07 2006, 08:21 PM

Ok, I'll get this topic started....

My name is Chris Babb and around here, I am known as Babbman. I'm 44, married to Jenny and have a 4 year old named Elie.

I came into kiting in the early 70's with the infamous 'Bat Kite', all duded up with bloodshot eyes and about 1000' of string. Then no kites for me until my daughter watched Mary Poppins last winter and kept singing 'Let's go fly a kite' until I got her a cheapo Walmart kite back in April. Of course, I figured that I should get something to keep me busy with her also and ended up with Premier Vision Dual Line kite.

Within 5 mins of realizing how much kiting had changed since I last flew a bat kite, I literally exploded at the thought, feeling and control. Since that time, I went on a kite buying frenzy and now carry around 2 dual lines, 3 power kites and 8 Revs everywhere I go. I spend every spare moment I can find either working on the club or flying over at IMSA in Aurora.

In October, I met up with Chris, Mike, Ken, Steve & Denny (your club admins) at the 175th Naperville Birthday Bash. This was the 1st time that I had a chance to fly with anyone else and I had an extremely good time. At that event, IKE was born. Since then, these forums and an upcoming website for the IKE Club were also born. We have had a great time pulling all of this together and we all hope that you find it a comfy and welcoming home for your flying passion.

By day, I am a Senior Systems Engineer for an industrial controls company where I program industrial automation equipment.

Besides Kites, I love computers and anything associated with them. I've been using and building computers for more than 20 years and do Website design, graphics, video productions and a host of other things.

I've been a Bass guitar player for 30 years now and currently play in our church band, which has allowed me to play with some of the best musicians I have ever had the good fortune to play with.

I am also an avid pool player and played in the APA for 4 years, eventually ranking in as a pretty steady 6.

And that's the poop on me.

You?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Knoted4ever

Re: Chris Aka "Babbman"

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Dec 01 2006, 09:48 PM

Hi Chris! i was at the Naperville Birthday Bash flying a lime-yellow dualie Benson Deep Space. i also enjoy shooting pool! Often, a guy that i work with and i go on Wednesdays (when the pool tables are free) and shoot after work. He is much better than i am with shooting; he once ran around with a true pool shark for over a year and a half!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Introductions”