Other Hobbies

Talk about anything you want
linekahuna

Other Hobbies

Postby linekahuna » Fri, Jan 02 2009, 02:21 PM

Other than kiteflying what other activities and hobbies do you enjoy?
I love flyfishing, tying my own fishing flies, gardening, computer games, astronomy
and sleeping.
Last edited by linekahuna on Sun, Jan 04 2009, 10:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Babbman

Re: Other Hobbies

Postby Babbman » Sun, Jan 04 2009, 07:21 PM

Computers and tech gadgets.

Music, I've been playing bass in bands since 1978... I'm currently part of the music ministry at our church and have been playing in Christian bands since 2001.

Cooking... I am the sole cook at home and spend about 2-3 hrs a day prepping, cooking and cleaning up. My current specialty is a Shitaki Zinfandel sirloin with smashed taters that have bacon and spinach... very yummy stuff..

Video production. I do all the video at church as well as video for various businesses and products. My big projects are 2 shows that I do every year that are incorporated into musical productions at church and at Naperville Central High School.

Sewing...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

DB Cooper

Postby DB Cooper » Sun, Jan 04 2009, 08:55 PM

Gunsmithing, I fancy the Ruger 10/22 and they aren't very good box stock so I spend a lot of time, working on those.

Photography, I used to spend a lot more time at that then I do these days, hopefully that will change.

RC Airplanes, I used to fly a lot but I haven't made the time in the last few years. Two children tend to take most of my free time, that is one of the great things about kites, I can bring the chitlens along and they can have fun too.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Jan 04 2009, 09:41 PM

linekahuna wrote:Other than kiteflying what other activities and hobbies do you enjoy?

I don't understand. What do you mean "other than kiteflying"??? There's something else?

Between flying, the club, 180GO! and iQuad that took up most of my last year.

I'm also a computer geek/programmer. And do fair amount of reading.
Actually, I'm the cook at my house too. Paul and I spent most of today making a huge batch of tamales. Probably over 150 of
'em. Some vegetarian, but mostly red-chile pork. They freeze well and Paul gets to take the bulk of them back with him to school.

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Sun, Jan 04 2009, 10:27 PM

I play bass in an 70's and 80's cover band called Bushwood.

Kitehead

Postby Kitehead » Sun, Jan 04 2009, 11:11 PM

There's not nearly enough time for just kiting...
:cry:

So no real hobbies otherwise.

Last year I did some Geocaching. Big fun. I plan to take it back up now that work gave me an iPhone (gotta do something better than read email with it). It's fun to stop off on the way some where and look for a cache. I'll add 15 minutes to the schedule here and there.
Allen Carter

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Jan 06 2009, 12:56 AM

Motorcycling (thoughout the US), antiquing, making stained glass windows and suncatchers, woodworking, gardening, and volunteering for Habitat for Humanity (construction and electrical).
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Tue, Jan 06 2009, 02:39 PM

This photo pretty much tells the story. 130,000 miles on the Chevy, 80,000 miles on the Airstream.
Attachments
P6119455640.jpg
P6119455640.jpg (125.17 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
Last edited by Jim Foster on Tue, Jan 06 2009, 02:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Fri, Jan 09 2009, 03:37 PM

Put another one down for music! At school I'm in every singing group I can get my hands on, and in Spain last semester a friend and I would play music (him on guitar, me singing) in the park on weekends and try and get people to throw us their spare change. It's quite an experience!
Love to sing, though, can't get enough. (Ok, maybe at Kites Over Grinnell last year... :oops: Not my proudest last minute national anthem! :P ) Besides that, knitting, baking, theatre, anything crafty to keep me busy.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Jan 09 2009, 08:22 PM

Well before finding the joy of flying with kite line, I used to fly by radio frequency with a radio control helicopter. Boy it was as much fun as well as NERVE RACKING!!! Hitting the ground even with a too hard of a landing could (almost always) cost you money!! Then I found stunt kites, have not ever looked back since.

But as of last May here is another of my joins...
[imglr=left]http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/FrodosMajik/hhrwithrims-2.jpg[/imglr]

Been enjoying playing around with modifying, from little to large items, on and in and of course cheap to $$$.Never before have I had such an itch to do anything with a car but to drive it from point A to point B. But the HHR has just does something to me!! :shock: :twisted:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Fri, Jan 09 2009, 10:08 PM

LOOKS GOOD KEN :up:
:SLKani: shawn

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, Jan 19 2009, 12:28 AM

Holography, pets (i.e., birds, fish, dogs), studying philosophy, vegetable gardening, fossil collecting, computer gaming, ventriloquism, etc.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Not Kites”