Club/Quick Fly: Pontiac Saturday 8/9/08

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
backdraft

Club/Quick Fly: Pontiac Saturday 8/9/08

Postby backdraft » Wed, Aug 06 2008, 05:24 PM

Well Cabery got hit by a micro burst Tuesday morning and it took out about half the trees in town. So we have been working to get all of the trees and branches out of the yard. We were lucky we have very little damage to the house but we have a lot of tree damage. With all that said I need a day of kite flying so I'm going to try this again. The last two times I posted a quick fly it was at the last minute so this time I'll give a little more notice. Is there anyone interested in flying Saturday in Pontiac? I'm open all day so I can be there any time and stay all day. Hope to see all of you out there.

Mike S. and Family 8) :-) :up: :LogoRevAni: :clubfly:

p.s. last Saturday was great wind was 5-7mph the temp. was 83, it made for good flying all day.

Mike

Re: Club/Quick Fly: Pontiac Saturday 8/9/08

Postby Mike » Wed, Aug 06 2008, 09:11 PM

oooh, sorry about all your trees.
I'm gonna see if I can get out there for a partial day.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the trees too. We got REAL lucky here, missed us but just across the river which IS my backyard (really) serious damage ALL over!! Town is Lansing which anybody watching the news the last few days has heard about.

I WILL BE THERE, what time? You want be to come pass the house? I wont have my Ez-Up, still have to get it back from the in-laws.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Aug 07 2008, 08:22 AM

Mike,

Sorry to hear about the trees. We've lost a few in the past and it's like losing a friend ...

We'll still be in the upper penisula of Michigan on Saturday, so will miss flying with you guys.

Cheers,
Tom

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Aug 07 2008, 08:59 PM

i'll never ask for "more wind" again!

If there's decent wind, i'll definitely be there on Saturday!

On my way to work today, i saw a woman in a car hit a truck, then she put her car in reverse and tore up a bunch of yards (that she zigzagged through as she rapidly accelerated while continuing to go backwards); she finally slammed into a house! :roll: If anyone was home... i bet they had a lousy breakfast! (It was supposed to be sunny-side-up... but turned into an omelet!)
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Fri, Aug 08 2008, 12:24 AM

I WILL BR THERE LATE AFTER NOON ABOUT 2:OO
:SLKani: shawn

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Fri, Aug 08 2008, 02:48 AM

Frodos Majik wrote:Sorry to hear about the trees too. We got REAL lucky here, missed us but just across the river which IS my backyard (really) serious damage ALL over!! Town is Lansing which anybody watching the news the last few days has heard about.

I WILL BE THERE, what time? You want be to come pass the house? I wont have my Ez-Up, still have to get it back from the in-laws.

I will be there between 9:30 & 10:00 and will bring my Ez-Ups. You can come pass the house if you want to get there that early or we will see you there ether way will work with me. See all of you that can make it Saturday, it should be a lot of fun and I hope to see the folks that cant make next time (Perry Farms 8-16 & 8-17).

:SLKani: :up:
Mike S.
Big Mike
www.TheKiteSite.net
1-815-953-8303

Pkrekel

Postby Pkrekel » Fri, Aug 08 2008, 07:07 AM

:clubfly: I will be there :clubfly:

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Aug 08 2008, 10:11 PM

i will be there but may have to get there a little bit later on (around 12 or so, maybe earlier though). Marla was bitten today by a dog in the neighborhood :roll: and had to get 3 stitches and antibiotics. The Animal Control guy is supposed to come around and talk to us tomorrow. This is the third time that she was bitten by this dog! Needless to say, i am quite irate about it! :evil:
Last edited by Knoted4ever on Fri, Aug 08 2008, 10:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sat, Aug 09 2008, 03:17 AM

I will be out there some time around 10:30ish. Doing breakfast with the wife and sis in-law, will hit the road around 9. Will meet all out at the field.

Tom sorry to hear about Marla getting bit. Hope she is alright. Will have your fix for the window sticker with me too.

See everybody out at the field.

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 09 2008, 09:26 AM

Tom,
that's horrible! I hope you get some satisfaction from Animal Control.

Sorry guys, I wont be able to make it out there today. Good winds!

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Aug 09 2008, 08:59 PM

It was a lot of fun today at the :clubfly: The weather turned out to be quite nice!

Being a ventriloquist, i enjoy being around a lot of quad fliers... (since what they are... begins with the letter "d"). :wink:
Tom P.

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Sat, Aug 09 2008, 09:39 PM

I HAD ALOT OF FUN TODAY MIKES BEAMER 5.0 IS AWSOME AND TOM IS A GREAT QUAD LINE FLYER I THINK HE IS COMING TO THE DARK SIDE AND BURNING ALL HIS SEADEVILS AND BUYING REVS :rotfl :rotfl
:SLKani: shawn

Pkrekel

Postby Pkrekel » Sun, Aug 10 2008, 08:24 AM

I also had a get time and I hope everyone can make it to Perry Farms.

Knoted4ever wrote:Being a ventriloquist, i enjoy being around a lot of quad fliers... (since what they are... begins with the letter "d"). :wink:

Ventriloquists' dummies are vessels of pure EVIL. It is UNNATURAL of a dummy to speak in a human voice. It is DISTURBING of a dummy that pretends to be human to look like its jaw has been cut off with a chainsaw and scotch-taped back to place. And it is downright SCARY for a dummy to move its glass eyes around like it's watching you.

Burn them, bury them, keep them away from your children.

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Sun, Aug 10 2008, 06:32 PM

We had a great time with everyone and it was really good to see everyone again. The weather turned out great. Had alot of fun.

See Everyone at Perry Farms next weekend!

Mike S.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Aug 10 2008, 11:46 PM

Yes it was nice to see ever body, been to long that we have had a chance to just hang out and shoot the breeze whether by kite or mouth.

It was a BLAST scooting across the field just inches from the ground!! Thanks Mike for bring out the beamer and buggy!! But we need to learn how to tack against the wind to come back. The long walk back with the pull from the kite and dragging the buggy is a real bummer and TIRING!! Thing we need a posting in the right spot and ask our fellow buggy friends for some help in this field.

Also hoping to see everybody out at Perry Farms.

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, Aug 11 2008, 07:08 PM

When i see Shawn and Paul at the next festival... it will be painful when those dual line kites break in fragments after leaving their heads! :wink: Painful for me and for them! :up:

(Hey, how come there is easy access for the quad kite Smiley right there on the first page of the Smileys... but for the dual line kite... it's like way back on some forgotten, forlorn page?) Seems like real discrimination to me! i'm getting a cheap lawyer! :evil:
Tom P.

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”