Club Fly Results - November 24, 2006

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Chris

Club Fly Results - November 24, 2006

Postby Chris » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 06:30 PM

Today's club fly was an absolute success!!! :clubfly:

Thanks to Ken, Babbman, Jeff, a couple of flyers from the east coast, various spectators, and a boy and his dad(sorry didn't get your names :oops: )

The weather and wind couldn't have been any better, 62 and 10 to 15 :mrgreen: Missed all the other members who couldn't be there :(

It was one of those perfect days from the start, the wind was unbelievably steady and consistent, and things just worked! It was an extremely therapeutic day!

We got to fly Revs duals, power :twisted: and various single line. We had a GREAT time and just wish more of you great folks could have made it :bash: :up: :thanks:

I think it was possibly the best fly all year(at least for me :up: )

Pics are to be posted very soon, keep an eye on the galleries!!!!!

Or click on the "album" tab at the top of the page, and check out "Club fly photos"
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Re: Today's club fly

Postby Babbman » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 07:24 PM

yes, it was a gas...

Everything Chris said AND...

We watched and giggled as Chris got a green butt from using his body as a sled while flying my Ozone 3M Riot... :shock:

We played in the water with our Revs which was rather interesting, impressive and fun. Chris and I sank our kites a couple of times (well, I did twice)... thanks to Chris for getting a wet boot in getting it out... :|

We flew a multitude of Revs.... 1.5 SUL's, 1.5 vented's, a Blast, Shockwave and Ken brought out his 3 stack of EXP's... :up:

We flew a 3M Riot and 1.5 LD Stunt

Chris and Ken put up a gaggle of single line kites

We flew a Beetle, Vision and Acrobatx.... Jeff was great... I sucked. Ken was better..

Our East Coast guests, Carlos and Prince, came in and were very friendly. Then we found out that Carlos is an extraordinary dual line flyer and spent a couple of hours with Jeff, showing him the ropes...

I tried dog staking for the first time with 120' lines. It was pretty interesting and I bonked myself in the head pretty hard with my SUL... good thing it wasn't something with an SLE. Plain and simple, I was just dangerous...lol

We now have business cards thanks to Ken!

Overall, this was a really great day, spent with obsessed kite fliers and we really had a great time... If only everyday could be a club fly... :clubfly:

As Chris said, we have pics and I have some video of Chris getting dragged around.

Wish EVERYONE could have been there.

Kite of the day IMHO was Ken's Wizard which just hung in the sky and watched over us all day long.... Maybe we should name him IKE...lol

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 08:46 PM

:ditto :ditto

There is not much more I could add to all that. Other then seeing Alex trying out a quad with the SMILE he had on his face grinning from EAR to EAR was worth every pain staking moment we have gone through to get the club up and running!!!!! :up: :wohow: :up: :wohow:

I also did a little butt surfing too. Take a look at the picture of boy and his dad, thats me in the background. Look at the grass stain on my cheek. :shock:

As far as Babbman and I flying the dual lines, the force has had too much influences on us. It was fun blowing off the layers of dust off them and then crashing and burning with them though. :rotfl :shock: :rotfl Maybe next club fly we can swap info with the dual fliers? :oops: :mrviolet: That way when the dust builds up again, we will know better of what to do. :up: :wink: Playing in the water was fun too. The maiden voyage of my home made kites WERE a Huge success!!! WOO HOO!!! :wohow: :wohow: Will be burning up the motor to the sewing machine now!! :bash:

Cannot wait to see all the pictures

Again thanks to Jeff, Carlos and Prince for coming out!! :up: 8)

I guess I had a few more thing to say then thought. :oops: :rotfl :mrgreen:

Ken
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 09:02 PM

Pics are up :clubfly:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 09:20 PM

Pics look great!! Thanks Chris!!:up:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 10:48 PM

my pics are up also...lol

Ken, there is PROOF that you butt sledded in those photos...

Videos will be up by tomorrow.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 11:14 PM

With all the videos you guys keep sending and or linking to, is GOING to make me spend to get cable or DSL. :twisted: Dont forget I am still in the minority with dial up. :P :oops:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Jeff

Re: Today's Club Fly

Postby Jeff » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 11:34 PM

Babbman wrote:Our East Coast guests, Carlos and Prince, came in and were very friendly. Then we found out that Carlos is an extraordinary dual line flyer and spent a couple of hours with Jeff, showing him the ropes...

Indeed. Carlos was amazing! I did get some good advice about the important fundamentals. Of course, now I want to jump right back in and start doing axels and cascades and yo yo's, etc... Gotta remember to crawl and walk before running though...
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 03:16 AM

Babbman, How's about that safety? Were you wearing you safety helmet? Took yourself out with an SUL, sounds like you're trying to steal MY tricks... :hurt:
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 08:28 AM

Hey Chris, speaking of the club fly, how many times did we talk about paragliding yesterday?

When I left, I was going north on 59 and as I passed calvery church, I looked over and saw someone paragliding...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 08:31 AM

denverberry wrote:Babbman, How's about that safety? Were you wearing you safety helmet? Took yourself out with an SUL, sounds like you're trying to steal MY tricks... :hurt:

no safety yesterday.... I haven't pulled out the 3M for a couple of months and this summer, I spent all my money on kites... the only safety device I do have are kite killers which I don't even use...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 01:18 PM

Video from the Nov 24th 2006 Club Fly..

[youtube]Y56JMWSnP6k[/youtube]
[youtube]QtL1Af8bOVI[/youtube]
[youtube]symRGh0vTA4[/youtube]
[youtube]qyh137ArJqY[/youtube]
[youtube]sbLTmCZWZ38[/youtube]
[youtube]JihLduMpXS0[/youtube]

Chris (aka Babbman)

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, Nov 26 2006, 12:28 PM

*Who was that?*
:shock:
trying to stop that kite with the rear end? :rotfl

Is that a new technick? :shock:

Please guys... do us all a favor

DON'T TRY LANDING LIKE THIS WITH A PARAGLIDER.. :rotfl
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 27 2006, 11:31 PM

Glad you pu t the vids up, Nicely done...
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”