The Art Of Kite Flying...

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Knoted4ever

The Art Of Kite Flying...

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 07:02 PM

i just wanted to say that i was extremely impressed when first logging on to this web site; i thought that some of what was mentioned on the home page here was very impressive! For instance, on the home page, in with other information, it states: "These things are magic. They are art." i feel that that is so true. A kite, and flying one as a true enthusiast would, really is art... in the deepest sense of that word.

One of the primary reasons why i do not compete (i.e., do not partake in kite competitions), is that i deeply feel that real kite flying is a form of art. Who, in all the world, can judge true art? Art, true art, is something living and beyond what can be calculated in terms of worth (regarding its true value to others). You can measure what is stagnant (and a bit dead)... but you cannot measure what is truly vibrant and living.

excerpt from E.E. Cummings (from a essay prefacing the catalogue of an exhibition of his paintings at the American British Art Center):

Ignorant people really must be educated; that is, they must be made to stop feeling something, and compelled to begin knowing or measuring everything. Then (then only) they won't threaten the very nonexistence of what all simple people call civilzation.

Very luckily for you and me, the uncivilized sun mysteriously shines on "good" and "bad" alike. He is an artist.

Art is a mystery.

A mystery is something immeasurable.

.... Nothing measurable can be alive; nothing which is not alive can be art; nothing which cannot be art is true; and everything untrue doesn't matter a very good God d...

item: it is my complex hope that the pictures here exhibited are neither "good" nor "bad", neither peacelike or warful---that (on the contrary) they are living.
Last edited by Knoted4ever on Sun, Nov 26 2006, 12:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Re: The Art Of Kite Flying...

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 25 2006, 09:13 PM

Dan wrote the words you like.
I wont say who wrote the words you didn't like :-D

Return to “Club Discussion”