Picture Resizer For Windows Vista

Talk about anything you want
Hector Herrera

Picture Resizer For Windows Vista

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, May 04 2008, 02:54 PM

Does anyone knows of a good picture resizer for windows vista? I have tried a couple without succes.

I liked Window XP better, does anyone have any comments about that.

I have not been able to upload some new pictures cause they are to big for the forum.
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Sun, May 04 2008, 02:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Hector Herrera

Re: Picture Resizer For Windows Vista

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, May 04 2008, 03:38 PM

Ohhh...never mind, I just found VSO Image resizer wich is pretty good, It's working for me. thanks anyway.
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Sun, May 04 2008, 03:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sun, May 04 2008, 04:40 PM

Hector Herrera wrote:Does anyone knows of a good picture resizer for windows vista? I have tried a couple without succes.

I liked Window XP better, does anyone have any comments about that.

I have not been able to upload some new pictures cause they are to big for the forum.

You can always upload to Flickr or Picasa online without having to resize if you don't want to.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sun, May 04 2008, 09:49 PM

resizing is pretty subjective. Personally, I take all my pictures at the highest resolution possible. If I need to resize, I always keep the original and make the resize with a different name.

I've been using ACDSeefor a lot of years starting back on version 2 (version 10 now). The program is a little bulky in features but it's batch resize, rotate, rename and editing are unmatched in my toolbox and all can be done with the end result being a copy without destroying the original.

I'm sure there are a few other programs out there that will do the same but my track record is literally 80 - 100 thousand pictures without ever losing a single one to a program malfunction so I'll be sticking with it for pretty much... for ever... or until they screw it up completely.

While you can upload pretty much any sized picture to flickr and the other services, that doesn't help you if you want to e-mail a picture to someone and it's in full resolution. There are also many cases where I want to give a stick full of pictures to friends or family members. Finally, there is the problem of some forums only allowing for a maximum resolution. NI like to have the option to scale things down when the situation calls for it and I like to do it quickly and under my complete control.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, May 05 2008, 07:27 AM

Babbman wrote:...While you can upload pretty much any sized picture to flickr and the other services, that doesn't help you if you want to e-mail a picture to someone and it's in full resolution....

I figured his purpose here was to post them online.

Online photo sharing sites (which you would generally use to host pics for linking and embedding online) also allow you to resize on the server.

For example, I use Photobucket for uploading pics that I will be inlining into forums. You can resize first, or upload the original, and then right through the interface, resize to whatever size you want with no extra software.

IKE is on Image too!

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, May 05 2008, 08:50 AM

I took it that he was trying to post into the album section of this forum which does have a size restriction and doesn't allow you to resize as part of the upload. In that case, you do have to resize them externally before you upload them. Personally, I like the album feature of the forum even though it is a pain to resize pics and then upload them one at a time. But, as has been proven to me time and time again, the ability to jump in here and find what I need in one place has been easier than trying to find things out on the other online services.

Personally, I don't care for any of the online services as I feel the pictures end out out of my control. I've tried Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket and a few others and I always end up just not using them. At some point, it just feels like stuff is spread out all over the place.

Most of my family relies on me to print pictures for them and my friends would rather have the original picture through e-mail rather than me sending them off to another site. Again, it's all preference. What works for me doesn't always work for others and visa-versa.

Sounds like Hector found exactly what he needed though.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, May 05 2008, 09:01 AM

Babbman wrote:
Personally, I don't care for any of the online services as I feel the pictures end out out of my control. I've tried Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket and a few others and I always end up just not using them. At some point, it just feels like stuff is spread out all over the place.

I don't use them for archiving or saving my originals. I only use them to post selected photos in forums, or showing a small album to family, something like that. That would be too scattered for me too. I could have all the online services close up and delete my photos and it wouldn't matter to me. My originals are on my PC and organized to a level I couldn't achieve with an a online service.

IKE is on Image too!

RevJB

Postby RevJB » Mon, Sep 07 2009, 11:17 AM

Hector,

I know this is an old post, but I didn't know if you found what you were looking for. The best photo resizing tool I use is Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com , a freeware program.

Under the File menu is a batch conversion command. You can rename everything using masks and auto numbering. You can also set file sizes for final output.

It is a very nice photo viewing tool. It can autosize to your desktop and autorotate pictures. It is my default viewer when I don't need Photoshop.
Last edited by RevJB on Mon, Sep 07 2009, 11:37 AM, edited 2 times in total.
John
:LogoRevAni:

Return to “Not Kites”