Kite Buggying

All about dual and quad line power kiting.
AirH0g

Kite Buggying

Postby AirH0g » Sat, Sep 01 2007, 01:11 PM

I want to get into a little buggying, anyone know anyone around here that buggy's and or sells them. Also trying to find a few good locations. I know they do kite surfing a lot at montrose beach, but i hear they have quite a few restrictions as well so that's probably out.

Doesn't seem to be to many power kiters around here, i think i'm the only one from Illinois on the power kite forum. Hey Dave i know you sell a few power kites at your shop, do you get a lot of local requests for them, your pretty much the only show in town as far as i know.
[center]Image[/center]

chicagokite

Re: Kite Buggying

Postby chicagokite » Sat, Sep 01 2007, 01:52 PM

we carry buggys peterlynns
have been that way for many years what kite are you looking for we carry peter lynn hq and a few others but buggys we have just give me a a call :thanks:

www.chicagokite.com

sodfarmkiter

Postby sodfarmkiter » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 04:32 PM

I got my new buggy wheels in today! I'm SO Stoked! there a little bigger than the old ones, but thats even better :twisted:

Last edited by sodfarmkiter on Thu, Apr 03 2008, 04:37 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 04:52 PM

Very cool!

That would be neat to try. I'd probably kill myself, though. :P
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

sodfarmkiter

Postby sodfarmkiter » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 05:55 PM

It's easier than you would think. Next time your near the Quadcities drop me a line and I'll let you give it a whirl! :P

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 07:25 PM

The Grinnell festival is on a Saturday, maybe the Sunday could be buggy / power kite day?

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 11:33 PM

ROAD TRIP!? :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

sodfarmkiter

Postby sodfarmkiter » Thu, Apr 03 2008, 11:44 PM

I'll check to see if the sod farm is dry enough to buggy! The sod farm is right off the interstate, you'll see it just past mile marker 292(a little west of the flying j and behind the old waterslides to the north) If not dry enough there, their might be an alternative or two depending on the wind. But I would definitely let you check out my power kites, and we can do that in a lot of places... The Samurai's are awsome, but not too agressive. Did you say that was this Saturday?
Last edited by sodfarmkiter on Thu, Apr 03 2008, 11:54 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Apr 04 2008, 12:37 AM

No we will be out that way the weekend of May 10th. There is a festival in Grinnell Iowa then.

http://kitesovergrinnell.googlepages.com/
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

sodfarmkiter

Postby sodfarmkiter » Fri, Apr 04 2008, 04:15 PM

Sounds good to me! :-D

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Mon, Apr 07 2008, 02:29 PM

We just got back from our annual NABX event and it was awesome.....totally awesome! We had roughly 200+ attendees and the sky was filled anytime the wind came up. The afternoons provided plenty of wind most of the week, I don't think we had any days when you couldn't buggy at least a couple hours at a time. We introduced a new buggy for everyone to run the rubber off of and it was a huge hit! To my knowledge it is the only USA made race buggy and it is designed specifically for all out speed. My maiden run on the bug pulled a 42mph pass with a Rev Power Blast 4-8 and the buggy was rock solid just wanting more! Joe and Ben from Revolution were on hand giving demo's and teasing all the other buggiers with their Rev's...the power Rev's just rock! HQ and Ozone were also onsite giving demo's on all the new kites. I hooked up to an Ozone Haka 5.0 meter and topped out at 52mph. I didn't have the proper sized Yakuza to give it a full out speed test, hopefully we will break 60 in the next couple weeks.

If you weren't able to make it out here for NABX you really missed out on an awesome event. Every year it just gets better and better. If you haven't heard of NABX....where ya been? :) :) NABX is the largest buggy event in the U.S. and attracts buggy pilots from all around the world. If you wanna buggy, you gotta attend next years event.

Here is a picture of our new buggy, hope ya like it!
Attachments
1024x768.jpg
BTW, it makes an awesome desktop pic!
1024x768 resolution
1024x768.jpg (122.25 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Apr 07 2008, 02:42 PM

Kent, that's just a beautiful piece of machinery.... congrats on the debut!

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Apr 07 2008, 03:55 PM

Cool!
Here's more info on NABX:
http://www.nabx.net/

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon, Apr 07 2008, 08:27 PM

awindofchange wrote: hopefully we will break 60 in the next couple weeks.

THAT, has got to be FUN!!!!
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

whaddupyo

Postby whaddupyo » Sat, Apr 19 2008, 02:09 AM

Hi Guys,

Brand new to the club, moving from FLA to Chicago area mid-May. Long story short- Been flying stunt kites for a while and have just upgraded to power-kiting. I have a kite buggy and I'm still learning the ropes (I mean lines- get it...?). Don't mind saying I'm still a novice at it. Anybody familiar with any wide open spaces available for kite buggying around NE Illinois or SE Wisconsin?

Look forward to meeting you guys when I get up there! Looks like a great club you have going here!

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Apr 19 2008, 06:04 AM

I can't answer the buggy questions, but welcome to the club!

Return to “Power Kites”