Quad Tricks

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Knoted4ever

Quad Tricks

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 10:27 PM

:revspin:

Last Saturday, i had the Baressi Vented out (for the first time, i think, since Naperville). Winds were very brisk and i had a great time with it. Just for fun i tried doing Flic Flacs... and was surprised at being able to do them repeatedly. i love the way the Vented does them in high winds... with a distinct clapping/banging sound! It's pretty cool, with the flatness of the kite also!

i also was able to pull off some Axels. These were more difficult to figure out, but i think i am getting those too. i'll have to look again at the Baressi DVD that came with the Vented, to see if i am executing them like John demonstrated; but i'm pretty sure i am doing them the way that he explained. Those are a lot of fun too!

i took the Vented out again after work today; but it was late in the day (as i had to attend a symposium about the Crisis Prevention Institute's techniques, in Oakbrook Terrace), and the winds were already subsiding by the time i got the kite out. But i did spend some nice time with the kite... though it was not windy enough for trying tricks.

:revspin:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Re: Quad Tricks

Postby Mike » Thu, Jul 12 2007, 05:34 AM

Glad to see you're having fun with the quads!
You might want to keep an eye out for a used Airbow. It's a quad that was designed for tricking.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”