Dogstaking

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Chris

Dogstaking

Postby Chris » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 10:19 AM

Hey Babbman, any luck at your dogstaking? I'm looking forward to giving it a go again. Want to try it on the 120's :-)
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Re: Dogstaking

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 10:22 AM

Chris wrote:Hey Babbman, any luck at your dogstaking? I'm looking forward to giving it a go again. Want to try it on the 120's :-)

I haven't tried since the 1st time. I was waiting for the 120' lines before trying again.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jim Foster

Re: Dogstaking

Postby Jim Foster » Sun, Jan 28 2007, 02:15 PM

Babbman

A while back in Crescent City, Barresi had a dog stake set up on the beach with a Rev I. The lines weren't very long, perhaps 100' which is like flying on 50'. I found it very confusing and a great way to loose some teeth if you're not careful. Only tried it for a short time and thought it best to stop before I broke something, either John's kite or my own nose. Last Father's day at Fairview Park in Costa Mesa, CA, Eric Wilson had a Rev I dog stake using 200 foot lines. This made the window much wider and in a very short time I was doing pretty well, without breaking either Eric's kite or my own nose. I still found it confusing, and am not in any great hurry to try it again.

Jim :revspin:
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Return to “Quad Line Kites”