Suoersonic for sale. Club colors!

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Darkspark

Suoersonic for sale. Club colors!

Postby Darkspark » Tue, Sep 06 2011, 08:38 PM

I wanted to put this here first before I listed it on ebay.
I have a Revolution Supersonic. In black red and clear mylar. Comes with bag and a few spare spars. No Lines or handles.
I would like $175 or so for it. It is very good condition. And has only been out of the bag a few times. It just pulls a bit too hard for me.
Let me know if you are interested. If I dont hear anything in a couple days it will go on Ebay.
462_normal.jpg
462_normal.jpg (4.91 KiB) Viewed 2001 times

Elix

Re: Suoersonic for sale. Club colors!

Postby Elix » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 02:55 PM

Bump and question:

Do these come in vented flavors? If so, which is this? I can't tell by the photo.
Chris

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 08:03 PM

That's the same one I have. Guess I should have waited! I don't think they are available in vented, but if you're handy with a hot cutter or soldering iron with a cutting tip, you can make it vented.
Last edited by makatakam on Wed, Sep 07 2011, 08:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 08:29 PM

Well . . . normally I'd be interested, but I think my bag is full at the moment.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 08:50 PM

goestoeleven wrote:Well . . . normally I'd be interested, but I think my bag is full at the moment.

Go for it, Steve, the Supersonic is a blast hoot. I'm finding that it makes me a better flyer quickly because it requires more refined inputs. Besides, Christmas is just around the corner.

Mike's (this one) is the first SS I ever flew, and after trying it, decided to get one for my own. Its flight characteristics are radically different than a rev 1.5, and that's only half the fun! It moves like a bullet on steroids! I'll bet you could do tip-circles the first time out.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 09:08 PM

Oh, Come on Steve. Just one more! Then the bag will be full......till the next one.
Tip circles, super slides. Flick-flacks likes crazy.
And rev does make a vented version. The vents would be where the clear mylar is. I though about venting it myself but decided it would be better to leave it alone. I think venting it would take away from its speedy charm. Although I have never flown a vented so I don't know for sure.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Sep 07 2011, 10:53 PM

Well . . . . umm . . . . while it's tempting, I have to say no. If I didn't have a speed series already, I'd be interested. I've got two Shockwaves, and they get flown the least of my revs. I'm actually thinking about selling one of the Shockwaves. They are fun to pull out of the bag every once in a while, but I carried one out to WSIKF, and never put it in the air because I spent too much time on the 1.5s. My next purchase will probably be some new sails for the existing frames to make a "nice" set for daily & festival flying. Or maybe I'll get ambitious and industrious like Mark and make a set (very, very unlikely given my current workload). BTW, you might consider putting it on GWTW before eBay. Rev stuff moves quickly, if it is priced well (although non-speed kites sell faster than speed series). I've picked up a couple kites over on GWTW. Or you could put it on eBay with a Buy It Now / Make Offer price. Or maybe you'll get Jeepster to jump in here and buy it :-D

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Sep 08 2011, 08:14 AM

goestoeleven wrote:... Or maybe you'll get Jeepster to jump in here and buy it :-D

The supersonic kite is fun to fly. It's a great addition to the kite bag for a change of pace to the 1.5 kites. But, I've got a number of half-pint kites, a couple of small stacks and a full size stack to fill that void. Got to save my money for some more ripstop!!! My "to build" list keeps growing instead of getting smaller.

Cheers,
Tom

Elix

Postby Elix » Thu, Sep 08 2011, 08:40 AM

There's this newer site as well which is endorsed by A Wind of Change.

http://www.kitebookie.com/forum/index.php
Chris

Return to “Quad Line Kites”