First Ever (and Hopefully Annual) Revolution Calendar

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
awindofchange

First Ever (and Hopefully Annual) Revolution Calendar

Postby awindofchange » Tue, Oct 21 2008, 01:16 PM

Well, for all you dark side kite flyers, we have put something together exclusively for the quad heads in the world.

A true, 100% Revolution Calendar!

That's right!! Now you don't have to have the beautiful creation known throughout the world as "The Rev" mixed in with all those unsightly flipping duallies or "non-controllable" single liners! Just Rev's in their beautifulest form!

We have teamed up with one of the industries most famous photographers, John Chilese, and through his eye have put together an all new 2009 Calendar full of Revolution kites seen and flown at various festivals and events around the world. Just the best of the best made it through. Included are photos of the famous I-Quad with John Barresi and the rest of the team, along with the all envious Masterpiece Series Rev's, 180 Go pilots made it in too, as well as stacks, customs, one-off creations, and even photos of the most wonderful Rev pilots (gods?) responsible for the creation of these awesome kites, Joe H. and Ben D from Revolution Ent.. This calendar is sure to make any office or study a beautiful place to be and will surely help make those days when your stuck inside a lot more enjoyable. Show your friends what Quad Flying and The Dark Side are all about. Take them to the events with you and with a little luck I am sure you can get them signed by the pilots in the photos! Ahhh the fame of kite flying!

So where is it at you ask? You can purchase yours now from our Cafe Press shop:
Purchase the A Wind Of Change Revolution Calendar HERE!

-----------
As a side note, we had 100's of pictures to pick from (anyone who knows John Chilese and his photo collection will understand). It has taken us over 2 months to narrow down the selection to just 12 pictures and we just couldn't do it....so we somewhat cheated and snuck in multiple pictures on a couple pages. Still, it was a difficult task to get the selection down to even those few pictures. Photo's chosen were based mainly on picture quality and uniqueness, some pictures were very awesome but just didn't happen to crop right to work on the calendar pages...(plus we had to save a couple for next year...maybe....). John Chilese is a wonderful friend and an awesome pilot, ironically he doesn't really fly Rev's that much but we're working on him :). His pictures have been used in many publications including printed material, online websites and other advertising materials. His unique eye for beauty and design is what helps bring the kites he photographs to life.

John has graciously worked with me to put this calendar together and make it a reality. A portion of the proceeds from the calendar will indeed make it back to him for his time and effort. Please drop him a message or e-mail sometime and thank him for his photo's and effort that helped make this calendar a success. If your on the flying field and you see him walking around, be prepared cuz there's a huge chance you or your kite is gonna get its picture taken and it may someday end up on a calendar too. :)

**For those that fly those other kites, we're finishing up our third annual AWOC calendar that features kites of all types. Should be available within the next 2-3 weeks!

Thanks for reading and as always,
Last edited by awindofchange on Tue, Oct 21 2008, 01:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Mike

Re: First Ever (and Hopefully Annual) Revolution Calendar

Postby Mike » Tue, Oct 21 2008, 04:03 PM

Cool!
Check out April!
And July is pretty sexy too ;)

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Tue, Oct 21 2008, 08:04 PM

Very Cool!

I'm in there three times.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Tue, Oct 21 2008, 10:40 PM

Mike wrote:And July is pretty sexy too ;)

Who is that flying in the July picture? The camera perspective certainly makes him look small.

Cheers,
Tom

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, Oct 22 2008, 12:21 AM

Jeepster wrote:
Mike wrote:And July is pretty sexy too ;)

Who is that flying in the July picture? The camera perspective certainly makes him look small.

You can hardly see the smurf hat.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

brownssl

Postby brownssl » Wed, Oct 22 2008, 09:30 AM

IS THAT OUR PAPA ?
:SLKani: shawn

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Sun, Nov 30 2008, 08:51 PM

Can anyone identify the February "basket-weave" Rev?
OoLaLaaaaa! I'd love to hunt one of those down!
Let me know...
JYnx
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Sun, Nov 30 2008, 09:36 PM

Jynx wrote:Can anyone identify the February "basket-weave" Rev?
OoLaLaaaaa! I'd love to hunt one of those down!
Let me know...
JYnx

I believe that is actually Ben's kite. Lynn Foster sewed up a couple of weave kites in red/white/blue. In the discussion about the build, Jim Foster talked about flying Ben's weave kite. Mike Kory flew it, so should be able to confirm my guess.

Cheers,
Tom

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Nov 30 2008, 11:05 PM

Yes Tom your guess is correct. The weave kite is Ben's. Also Lynn did do two weave kites this year. She is a great sewer. If you make it out to KP7 next year Jynx you will more then likely be able to see all three up close and personnel. I also had a chance to fly Ben's kite, very soft feel in high winds.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 02:33 AM

Frodos Majik wrote:Yes Tom your guess is correct. The weave kite is Ben's. Also Lynn did do two weave kites this year. She is a great sewer. If you make it out to KP7 next year Jynx you will more then likely be able to see all three up close and personnel. I also had a chance to fly Ben's kite, very soft feel in high winds.

:thanks: Tom and Ken- Thanks for the info! I'll be at the KP7 so I'll have to check them out!

Believe it or not, I just got in from "trying" to fly on a set of 30' lines on my B! (My first attempt in snow). The winds were constantly shifting, it obviously was dark, I couldn't see the lines, and setting it up was another B. I also found that 4-6" of snow likes to stick the kite, like glue, to the ground. I'm sure if any of my neighbors saw me I'll soon have a knock on the door from the funny farm.

Laughing outloud, it was an experience I will not soon forget. :rotfl I think I'll wait for better "days" to try flying again!

Lousy flying, but, I sure had fun... I'm still smiling!

Can you spell O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D ?

I have to go... there's someone with a net at my door!

PS: NO! I don't drink!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 02:37 PM

Jynx wrote:

If you decide to, I know someone that can hook you up with some awesome blueberry beer. :lol:

IKE is on Image too!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 03:33 PM

Jeff wrote:
Jynx wrote:

If you decide to, I know someone that can hook you up with some awesome blueberry beer. :lol:

Sounds nutritious! :up:

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 05:54 PM

Jynx wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Jynx wrote:

Sounds nutritious! :up:

No it doesn't ... it sounds terrible. Shame on you Jynx, some one from Wisconsin should not be encouraging folks to mess up a simple drink that has a real history. Mess with wine or liquors or sports drinks or even iced tea, but please leave the beer alone.

Beer is God's way of saying he loves us!

Cheers,
Tom

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 06:07 PM

Jynx, you're a hoot!
We're gonna have so much fun at Kite Party!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 06:47 PM

Beer is God's way of saying he loves us!

Cheers,
Tom

Tom-
Thanks for the Godly advise BUT remember God also makes blueberries!

Jynx :revspin: (This is the only flying I'll be doing tonight!)

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 08:05 PM

Jeff wrote:
Jynx wrote:

You wont be talking about me now would Jeff? :oops: :rotfl

Jynx just ask Backdraft how tasty "Wild Blue" really is. :lol: Personally its not that bad almost like a wine cooler version of a beer.

Obsessed? Admitting it is the first step. NOT that ANY of US here will ever do that. :twisted:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Dec 01 2008, 09:18 PM

Frodos Majik wrote:
You wont be talking about me now would Jeff? :oops: :rotfl

:P

IKE is on Image too!