брокеры форекс в австралии / Forex Trading in Australia | FxScouts

Брокеры Форекс В Австралии

брокеры форекс в австралии

Forex is the most liquid market in the Australian financial world, with nearly 70 forex brokers holding Australian Financial Services licences. But which forex trading platform is the best?

The brutal truth is that most forex trading platforms are almost identical.

They compete for your business mainly on price.

Their feature sets are very similar, with most forex brokerages building on top of well-known, popular 3rd party platforms like Meta Trader, cTrader, DupliTrade and Myfxbook.

Acting as middlemen between liquidity providers and you, they make a profit by taking a small point of a percentage (aka pip) of your transaction.

Yet, minor differences in fee structure and range of available tools exist &#; and can add to huge differences in profits (or losses) over time.

Because I recently decided to dabble in forex trading myself, I spent a week studying these tiny differences to pick the best forex broker for my own needs.

I’m not a professional “forex brokerage expert” &#; and certainly not a finance guru.

Rather, I’m just a guy with spare cash every month who wants to see it increase in value, rather than get eaten away by Australia’s nasty depreciation.

1. Fusion Markets.

Best overall. Best low-cost forex broker in Australia.

Fusion Markets is an ASIC-regulated Australian forex broker with headquarters in Melbourne. Founded in , it started out as a no-frills, low-cost forex trading platform.

In recent years it made an effort to offer Australian forex traders a larger range of features without losing its focus on low trading costs.

Did it succeed? We&#;re about to find out.

Pros.

Fusion Markets spoils you with powerful trading tools and a healthy range of tradeable assets. Trading platforms include:

• MetaTrader 4 and Meta Trader 5.
  • MetaTrader WebTrader.
  • cTrader.

This is a very comprehensive offering that will satisfy beginners, intermediates, advanced and professional forex traders.

I was particularly surprised at the inclusion of cTrader. Only Pepperstone and GO Markets offer this platform with advanced analysis tools, algos, advanced market depth and thousands of technical indicators.

Beginners need not feel abandoned.

MetaTrader&#;s web-based WebTrader is an easy-to-use, friendly and intuitive platform that will offer training wheels until they&#;re ready.

Meanwhile, beginners who want a more hands-off approach to forex trading will appreciate access to DupliTrade. A third-party copy trading provider, it allows you to duplicate expert traders&#; activities through MT4 and MT5.

Fusion Markets gives you access to an impressive 90 forex pairs that include majors, minors and exotics, but you&#;re not limited to forex. Energy commodities, precious metals, equities crypto CFDs and US share CFDs are also available.

Social trading features are also available as part of Myfxbook add-on &#; one of the world&#;s largest forex trading communities.

It doesn&#;t have the most modern-looking interface but it gets the job done.

As with most top-tier forex trading platforms, you can choose an account that best fits your experience level and trading style:

• Classic. Zero commissions, but the spreads aren&#;t very competitive. About on par with forex industry average.
  • Zero. Raw account with commissions of $ per side. Spreads are razor-tight and are about 30% lower than the industry average. Expect EUR/USD to be in the range of pips and AUD/USD to be about pips.
  • Professional. For professional and sophisticated traders only, the account removes ASIC&#;s leverage limitations, adds priority support and a dedicated account manager. To qualify you&#;ll need to jump through a number of hoops. These include an asset test ($m in assets or $k in gross income) or an experience test (notional trading volume of $1m in 2 years or direct professional experience with leveraged trading).

Like most of the best Australian forex brokers, Fusion Markets doesn&#;t charge deposit, withdrawal or inactivity fees.

I haven&#;t heard of any issues with withdrawing profits.

Hedging, scalping and EAs are allowed.

I was impressed by Fusion Markets&#; fast execution speeds, hardly ever noticing any hard slips or requotes.

Those who want more power can upgrade to a VPS for about $25/month, and Fusion Markets will refund its cost if you trade more than 20 lots per month.

Last but not least, 24/7 support via email, chat and telephone beats other providers. The industry standard is 24/5. Agents are responsive, helpful and patient.

The fact that you’re dealing with an Australian broker that’s actually based in Australia helps here.

Cons.

I don&#;t have many gripes with Fusion Markets. Really. And it&#;s not for the lack of trying. But there are a few yellow flags.

The first is to would-be copy traders.

DupliTrade has a $5, minimum entry threshold, which will turn off many beginners.

Education tools are fairly basic.

Yes, you get some YouTube videos to get you up and running. They&#;re not terribly exciting, but are clear and logical.

I won&#;t harp on this too much, as education is an Achilles Heel for most forex brokers, but Fusion Markets&#; efforts are particularly &#;meh&#;.

Surprisingly, GSLOs are not available &#; even for an additional fee. I&#;d happily pay for this feature.

The other thing that would improve Fusion Markets is the ability to trade real stocks.

I know it&#;s a big ask, but this is where Think Markets and Go Markets beat it. If you want to trade underlying shares, you&#;ll need to go with one of those platforms.

Overall.

Fusion Markets is the best forex broker in Australia because it achieves the impossible goal of being both low-cost and fully-featured.

It beats other top forex brokers with the lowest commissions of $ per side and best spreads in the game on its Zero account.

The differences can lead to substantial savings for forex traders, especially those who trade frequently.

Intermediate and advanced traders will appreciate Fusion Markets&#; focus on top-tier trading platforms in MT4/5 and cTrader. Meanwhile, beginner traders will appreciate the training wheels offered by WebTrader, DupliTrade and Myfxbook.

I like that the company doesn&#;t sponsor sports teams or invest in other expensive, elaborate marketing schemes or gimmicks.

You get a low-cost, reliable forex broker with a surprisingly strong selection of trading platforms, instruments and 3rd party tools.

CEO Phil Horner is an Australian, living in Australia &#; and is a veteran of the forex trading industry.

Does Fusion Markets Offer This Feature?Yes/No
MT4/5Yes
cTraderYes
WebTraderYes
TradingViewNo
DupliTradeYes
MyfxbookYes
No Commission AccountYes
Raw AccountYes
Pro AccountYes
GSLOsNo

2. Pepperstone.

Best forex trading platform in Australia for active traders.

forex brokerage australia

Like Fusion Markets, Pepperstone is an online forex broker headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.

The company was founded in and is highly regulated, with the green light from the ASIC, FCA, SCB, DFSA, CMA, CySec and BaFin.

Pros.

Let’s kick off with a discussion of Pepperstone’s trading platforms:

• MetaTrader 4 and Meta Trader 5.
  • TradingView.
  • cTrader.

It matches Fusion Markets by including cTrader and MT4/5, but swaps out beginner-focused WebTrader for the more advanced TradingView.

The latter is great for speed and responsiveness, as well as more built-in indicators, drawing tools, chart formats and rich historical data (but no automation).

Does this mean that Pepperstone caters to more intermediate and advanced forex traders, while Fusion Markets also tries to please beginners?

I think so, and I’ll shortly discuss a few other features that strongly hint at this.

cTrader is only available to Windows users.

Pepperstone matches Fusion Markets in the social and copy trading department by giving you access to DupliTrade and Myfxbook.

But Pepperstone definitely beats Fusion Markets in its range of tradeable assets.

You can access about the same currency pairs, but more than 1, other instruments – including CFDs on commodities, ETFs, shares, indices and crypto.

(Related: Will Australian Dollar Rise In ?)

The difference in share CFDs is most significant.

While Fusion Markets gives you access to just over US share CFDs, Pepperstone spoils you rotten with from the US, from the UK, from Australia and a few others from Hong Kong and Germany.

If the range of instruments is your deciding factor, Pepperstone is definitely the best choice.

However, if low fees are also a priority, Pepperstone slips back into 2nd place.

Like Fusion Markets, Pepperstone offers three retail investor accounts:

• Standard. Commission-free with average spreads (about pips on the EUR/USD).
  • Razor. Commission-based with variable spreads (same EUR/USD pair is about ).
  • Professional. Works exactly the same as Fusions (i.e., you must prove that you know what you’re doing to get access to higher leverage and perks but forfeit a lot of regulatory protections.

On average, Pepperstone’s spreads are slightly wider than Fusion Markets’. Commissions are also about $1 higher per side, at $

However, Pepperstone will rebate a portion of your spread if you qualify for its Active Trader program.

For example, if you trade more than lots over a 3-month period, you’ll qualify for a 20% discount. If you trade more than lots, you’ll receive a 30% discount. Members of the Active Trader program also get free VPS hosting, a dedicated account manager and better reporting.

You don’t pay any deposit, withdrawal or inactivity fees.

Like Fusion Markets, Pepperstone offers excellent support 24/7 via phone, email, live chat and even WhatsApp. Customer service agents are patient and polite.

Education content is much better than Fusion Markets’.

You get a comprehensive set of “Learn to Trade” webinars, videos and blog posts, as well as access to The Cornelian Academy – a third-party trading education provider (that also partners with Eightcap, below).

Cons.

As I mentioned when discussing the cons of Fusion Markets, you’ll need to watch out for the $5, minimum deposit when using DupliTrade.

Also, keep in mind that even though Pepperstone offers a huge selection of stock CFDs, it doesn’t offer access to underlying stocks.

I suggest that absolute beginners should look elsewhere, as the selection of Pepperstone’s trading platforms is definitely aimed at intermediate, advanced and professional users.

Overall.

Pepperstone offers some of the best forex trading conditions possible. Think of it as institutional-grade trading made available to Australian retail traders.

Spreads aren’t as good as Fusion Markets’, but are very competitive – and can be reduced by hitting monthly trading thresholds in the Active Trader discount program.

If you’re comfortable with Meta Trader and/or cTrader, want to trade large volumes of a large variety of instruments and dabble in copy trading, Pepperstone is your best choice.

Fast trade execution speeds and outstanding customer support seal the deal.

According to the CEO Tamas Szabo, Pepperstone attracts a lot of referral business, which is always a good sign. Incidentally, Tamas has been in the industry for over 25 years, moving from IG Group, where he did a stint as CEO of Asia Pacific.

Does Pepperstone Offer This Feature?Yes/No
MT4/5Yes
cTraderYes
WebTraderYes
TradingViewNo
DupliTradeYes
MyfxbookYes
No Commission AccountYes
Raw AccountYes
Pro AccountYes
GSLOsYes

3. Eightcap.

Great all-rounder forex trading platform.

is eightcap a good forex trading platform

Another forex trading platform founded by Aussies, Eightcap hails from Melbourne and is regulated by ASIC.

I’ve seen other reviewers promoting Eightcap as the best forex broker for beginners, but I vehemently disagree – for reasons I’ll explain below.

(Related: How To Avoid Forex Trading Scams).

Pros.

Eightcap is a MetaTrader-only forex broker with a few 3rd party bolt-ons to sweeten the deal.

This is where I disagree with reviewers who push it as a “beginner-friendly platform with a user-friendly interface”.

These people are smoking something I&#;m not – while MT4 and 5 are powerful tools, they’re not known for being intuitive or friendly.

Beginners can certainly wrap their heads around them if they persist, but people who want a very easy introduction to forex trading should look for a brokerage that offers their own proprietary, web-based platforms (e.g., Go Markets) or a WebTrader version of MT4/5 (e.g., Fusion Markets or Vantage).

Yes, I realise that Eightcap also offers the more user-friendly TradingView, but that requires you to place trades via a mobile app or manually via MT4 anyway – not ideal for beginners.

Eightcap’s range of tradeable instruments is large and well-balanced. Predictably, you’re not limited to only forex, and are able to build a balanced portfolio of different asset classes.

40 currency pairs that include majors, minors and exotics, 14 CFD commodities and over share CFDs from US, UK, Australian exchanges, as well as 18 indices and over crypto CFDs. Yes,

Account structure mirrors that of Fusion Markets and Pepperstone:

• Standard. No commissions but higher spreads (from 1 pip markup).
  • Raw. $ commission per standard lot. Spreads are variable and fairly low (e.g., EUR/USD is ). This is the best option for people who understand spread structure and trade frequently.
  • Professional. As with Fusion Markets and Pepperstone, you’ll need to prove that you know what you’re doing (or at least can afford to lose copious amounts of money, ha). Volume of $2m over the last 2 years or $m in assets or $k/year salary will do it.

I like that Eightcap offers a couple of perks that other brokers don’t.

The first is eunic-brussels.eu – a trading bot that allows you to automate much of your trading without using any code. You can communicate with it using a chat interface.

For example, type “if EUR/USD falls by 20%, sell my position” – and it will create a stop loss order for you. Is it cute? Yes. Will it save you time? Maybe.

The second and more useful feature is FlashTrade.

This bolt-on allows you to modify your stop losses and take profits when you’re already in the trade. This ability to change parameters as the trade develops allows you to react to the market more dynamically.

Cons.

Research and education are pretty average. It’s nothing more than a public blog called Eightcap Labs. You will learn about trading strategies, indicators and the importance of managing your emotions – but that’s about it.

And let me remind you that you shouldn’t rely on your brokerage for those, because of obvious conflicts of interest.

Would you trust a real estate agent to teach you how to negotiate with real estate agents?

Unlike Fusion Markets and Pepperstone, Eightcap doesn’t offer any copy trading features (although some social trading functionality is available through TradingView).

Its selection of 42 forex pairs is also lower.

Also, keep in mind that your demo account will expire after 30 days.

Overall.

Eightcap is a well-established forex broker with competitive trading fees and a reasonably large range of tradeable instruments.

Their decision to include FlashTrade is a nice touch, while their focus on MT4, MT5 and TradingView reminds you that it tilts towards intermediate to advanced users.

But Eightcap doesn’t abandon beginners altogether.

TradingView is an OK entry point, but those who want the most user-friendly introduction to forex trading should consider Fusion Markets or Vantage (because of WebTrader).

Raw and Standard accounts suit high-frequency and position traders, respectively. Fees on the Raw account are competitive but nowhere near as good as Fusion Markets’.

Fees on the Standard account, with its pip starting spread, are not very competitive at all. If you want to trade commission-free, you’re better off with Pepperstone.

Does Eightcap Offer This Feature?Yes/No
MT4/5Yes
cTraderYes
WebTraderNo
TradingViewYes
DupliTradeNo
MyfxbookNo
No Commission AccountYes
Raw AccountYes
Pro AccountYes
GSLOsNo

4. Vantage Markets.

Great forex trading platform in Australia for intermediate and advanced traders.

the best forex trading platform

Vantage was founded in as VantageFX but has rebranded as Vantage after post-GFC QE efforts squeezed a lot of volatility out of the forex markets and made it difficult to make money by trading forex alone.

Today, Vantage offers a very robust selection of instruments across a number of markets. It is regulated by ASIC in Australia.

Pros.

Like most forex brokers in this review, Vantage does not have a proprietary desktop trading suite. You will trade via MT4 or MT5.

This is great news for serious traders, as these platforms have been industry standards for years.

But Vantage also takes care of beginners by including the more user-friendly WebTrader suite.

In that sense, it allows beginners to start with WebTrader and transition to MT4 and MT5 when ready, while advanced traders can jump into the deep end immediately.

But there’s more.

Vantage also gives you the option to trade via TradingView (a relatively new charting interface) and its own proprietary mobile trading app.

Combined, these make one of the industry&#;s most comprehensive trading platform offerings.

Structure of Vantage&#;s retail investor accounts is very similar to that of Fusion, Pepperstone and Eightcap:

• Standard. Zero commissions, wider variable spreads (e.g., EUR/USD from pips).
  • Raw. Small commissions, narrow variable spreads on an ECN account (e.g., EUR/USD from pips). The commissions are remarkably low, at $1 per lot ($2 round turn).
  • Pro. Available for eligible clients. The usual barriers to entry apply (very similar to those of Fusion Markets and others – I won’t rehash them again.

Overall, the fee structure is very competitive when compared with the best forex brokerages in Australia. Use the Raw account for the lowest overall fees, and stay out of the Pro account – unless you really know what you’re doing.

The range of tradeable assets is robust without being excessive.

While some people criticise it for being insufficient, I prefer its tighter focus (which leads to fewer distractions).

Apart from 44 forex pairs, you get CFDs on US shares, 50 Australian shares, UK and Euro shares as well as CFDs on 7 bonds, 40 cryptocurrencies, 35 ETFs and a healthy selection of commodities, indices and precious metals.

I like that Vantage gives you access to a few unexpected perks.

SmartTrader tools are included as part of the MetaTrader suite, as well as news and sentiment analysis from FXWire Pro and Fx Street.

Cons.

My criticisms of Vantage are similar to those I’ve already levelled at Eightcap.

Educational resources are on par with other brokerages. Meanwhile, the customer support is good but is only available 24/5.

Fusion Markets still leads the pack here with its 24/7 availability.

The absence of ZuluTrade and DupliTrade is also a surprise. I know that Vantage offers these copy-trading 3rd party add-ons in other global markets, so their decision not to offer them in Australia is unusual.

Vantage has one of the lowest ranges of tradeable forex assets – 44 pairs.

This is about 20 less than you get with Pepperstone and Fusion, but all the usual majors, minors and exotics are there.

It’s just that some of the very exotic pairs aren’t available (but do you need to take out a position on the GBP/CZK (British Pound / Czech Koruna)?

Overall.

I like Vantage because it’s clearly aimed at sensible, serious CFD and forex traders (and people who want to reach that level).

Its ECN-style Raw account gives you access to some of the lowest trading fees on the market, and a healthy – but not overwhelming &#; selection of markets encourages you to step outside of forex.

Meta Trader 4 and 5, WebTrader, TradingView and an easy-to-use mobile trading app put every trading tool at your fingertips.

Only cTrader is missing, but there’s very little it can do that other options can’t.

The lack of copy trading features is somewhat disappointing, but to be entirely honest, most serious traders won’t be planning to automate their trades.

Does Vantage Offer This Feature?Yes/No
MT4/5Yes
cTraderNo
WebTraderYes
TradingViewYes
DupliTradeNo
MyfxbookNo
No Commission AccountYes
Raw AccountYes
Pro AccountYes
GSLOsNo

5. IC Markets.

Another good forex trading platform for advanced traders.

best forex brokerages

Australian-owned IC Markets is an online forex broker headquartered in Kent St, Sydney. The company was founded in and offers trading on a range of assets, including currency pairs, indices, metals, and energies.

They are regulated by ASIC, CySEC, FSA, and SCB.

I don’t recommend IC Markets for a raw beginner.

IC Markets gives you many options, allowing you to optimise for one strategy over another.

If you set up your account before knowing what you’re doing, you might end up stuck with a fee structure that doesn’t suit your style.

For example, you could avail of IC Markets raw spreads – zero pips!

Of course, they must keep the lights on somehow, so their raw spread accounts charge commission. A standard account will have spreads but no commission.

• But things get even more interesting when you compare the raw spread accounts.
  • Your choice of trading platform, MetaTrader or cTrader, will affect the size of the commission.

I don’t know why IC Markets chose to make the commission on cTrader accounts 50 cents cheaper than on MetaTrader, but they have.

Currently, commissions on their Metatrader accounts are $, and just $3 on cTrader.

Before committing to IC Markets, think about your go-to strategies, tools and styles – it will help you choose the best account for your forex trading style.

Pros.

Physical presence in Australia. Noice.

IC Markets boast that they have over 25 global liquidity providers, which allows them to consistently offer tight spreads. It’s hard to argue with them when they’re literally offering 0 pip spreads.

IC Markets allows scalping, while many other forex brokers don’t.

If this is your preferred strategy, I recommend IC Markets.

They offer 61 forex pairs, which is more than enough for most people. It might actually be too much, as the sheer number of pairs can be overwhelming.

Fast execution speeds minimise slippage.

• ICMarkets is one of the most customisable brokers listed here.

If you have very specific needs, they might be the best option for you.

IC Markets offers forex market accessibility through 3 primary types of trading platforms:

• MetaTrader 4.
  • MetaTrader 5.
  • cTrader.

IC Markets, like Pepperstone, which I will review shortly, caters to different types of forex traders by offering Raw Spread and Standard accounts.

Cons.

While IC Markets lets you trade in various markets, they’re all CFDs. If you want to purchase the underlying asset, you’ll need to go elsewhere.

The user interface could be simpler and more intuitive. There’s something decidedly “last decade” about its design.

Pepperstone offers much better UX.

Raw spreads sound great the first time you hear about them. But unless you’re trading big money, it’s probably better to stick with a standard account.

IC Markets is so customisable that it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.

You must think carefully about what kind of trader you are and what account would suit your style.

Overall.

Scalpers and technical forex traders will find IC Markets an excellent choice for its straightforward pricing, global name recognition and fast execution speeds.

Beginner traders might find IC Markets a bit much.

But they’re certainly a forex broker to consider when transitioning to more advanced or technical strategies.

• Competitive spreads.
  • Extremely low forex fee.
  • A wide range of markets available to trade.
  • Physical office in Australia.
  • Advanced trading tools.
  • Leverage of up to

6. AvaTrade.

Good for beginner forex traders.

best forex trader australia

AvaTrade is regulated by three tier-1 and three tier-2 jurisdictions. In Australia, AvaTrade is regulated by the ASIC.

AvaTrade has won heaps of industry awards, too many to list, in fact.

The most relevant to forex traders are their awards for Most Trusted Platform in Europe, Best Mobile Trading Platform, Best Overall Broker, and Best Fixed Spread Broker.

And that’s just !

Of course, as anyone who still watches the MTV Music Awards will tell you, industry awards should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Pros.

AvaTrade lets you trade CFDs in several different markets, including bonds, stocks, commodities, and crypto. CFDs are great because you can use leverage (deeper analysis of Australian CFD brokers).

And leverage is what makes AvaTrade special…

Remember how I said leverage was capped at in Australia? Well, it’s a little more complicated than that. Some brokers, like AvaTrade, allow you to create an off-shore account with up to leverage.

Is this safe?

Be aware that what you gain in leverage, you lose in consumer protection.

AvaTrade’s high-leverage accounts are regulated by the British Virgin Islands.

If something goes wrong, you would not have the same legal recourse as if you were using the Australian-regulated branch of AvaTrade.

Users I spoke to complained that you’d need a separate email account to switch from the on-shore to the off-shore branch of AvaTrade, or vice-versa.

AvaTrade’s educational resources will suit some people more than others. Instead of a curriculum that walks you from beginner to expert, AvaTrade’s educational resources are arranged by topic.

This is good for people who learn by doing and are happy to start immediately.

Luckily, AvaTrade has the supporting infrastructure for just this type of learner. They offer a demo account with $, virtual money, so you can test out the platform before committing any real funds.

• I can’t stressenough how valuable a learning tool this is.

$K in virtual money will teach you a lot more than $ in real money. If you’re serious about trading, spend six months just trading paper and see how you get on.

AvaTrade allows copy trading.

This is a huge advantage for anyone starting out, as it allows you to copy other successful traders.

(Related: 13 Best Share Trading Platforms In Australia).

AvaTrade, the brokerage, lets you choose which trading platform you want to use.

You can use their in-house platform or MetaTrader.

This is good news for people who are used to their preferred platform and don’t want to change – even if they do want to change their broker.

Their award-winning mobile app, AvaTradeGO, allows you to trade on the go.

AvaTrade even lets you dip your toe in the options world with Vanilla Options. Vanilla Options are less complex than Exotic Options but still give you a tremendous amount of control over your investment.

Cons.

AvaTrade’s spreads are nothing special; they don’t deviate significantly from the industry average. For major pairs, expect the spread to be just under 1 pip.

I don’t like that AvaTrade only lets you trade CFDs.

It would be nice to trade the underlying asset when entering markets other than forex.

While leverage sounds great, it does involve taking on additional risk.

I&#;d be very wary of losing the consumer protections afforded us under Australian law. I&#;d recommend AvaTrade’s on-shore account for most people.

• AvaTrade’s website has almost too much information on it.
  • I found it very hard to pin down exactly what their fees were.
  • This lack of transparency isn’t ideal.

For example, it took quite a bit of digging to discover that they have two separate inactivity fees. The first is after 3 months of inactivity and will cost $ At 12 months of inactivity, they levy a $ ‘Administration Fee.’

It’s not clear from the website if a year of inactivity will cost you $($50*4 + $) or less.

This example aside, AvaTrade does appear to have low fees. And inactivity fees are easy to avoid. I&#;d just like it to be laid out a little clearer.

Overall.

I like AvaTrade for its simplicity and ease of use. It’s one of the best forex brokers for beginner forex traders to learn their trade. At the same time, more advanced traders can avail of their high-leverage off-shore accounts.

• Choice of 5 trading platforms.
  • Physical office in Australia.
  • Free demo account.
  • Extensive list of 3rd party integrations.
  • No inactivity fees.
  • Comprehensive support for beginner traders.
  • Excellent fees and trading conditions.

7. Axi.

Another decent low-cost forex platform.

Axi is a fully online platform based in Australia. As a low-cost brokerage, it’s a good choice for people just dipping their toe in forex trading.

But you get what you pay for in terms of limited trading options, no weekend customer service, and an interface that lags behind some of its competitors.

Pros.

• Low cost – no minimum deposit, no commission, relatively tight spreads.
  • Fast execution –  most of the investment in Axi is behind the scenes. Their high-speed execution infrastructure minimises slippage.
  • Axi’s in-house interface is powered by Metatracker, so it should feel familiar to most experienced traders.

Cons.

• You can only trade CFDs.
  • Outdated research tools – while they’re certainly workable, there are newer and more advanced options out there.
  • 24/5 customer service – if you’re not a full-time trader, it’s helpful to have customer service open on the weekend.

Overall.

Axi doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of other forex brokers I&#;ve reviewed here. It’s a low-cost platform with limited options.

No law says you have to do all your trading on one platform, so why not take advantage of Axi’s low rates for forex trading? You can manage the rest of your portfolio somewhere else.

8. eunic-brussels.eu

Another good all-round trading platform

eunic-brussels.eu has a reputation for being expensive, which isn’t entirely fair. At the time of writing, the average spread on major pairs is between .5 and 1 pips.

The spreads are even better if you register for a premium MarketsX account.

Considering that the only requirement to access this membership tier is a $ deposit, I feel the premium fees are a more accurate indicator of the overall experience.

Pros.

• MetaTrader 4 and 5 integration.
  • Quick and easy to set up. You can get cleared for trading that same day.
  • The interface looks great and is relatively easy to use.
  • No withdrawal fees or commissions on CFDs.
  • Fast registration and account management.
  • Good learning and research infrastructure – for example, there are over 90 indicators available for technical analysis.

Cons.

• A $10 per month inactivity fee starts after 3 months.
  • Trading limited to forex and CFDs.
  • Web and mobile platforms lack some features.

Overall.

eunic-brussels.eu is an easy platform to use. You can start trading almost immediately, and there are lots of useful research tools to explore.

MetaTrader integration is an obvious plus, and I like that you can trade commission free. On the flip side, there are more competitive spreads out there.

• No withdrawal fees or commissions.
  • Uncompetitive spreads.
  • Metatrader integration.

9. ACY Securities.

Good all-round forex platform for beginners.

ACY Securities is only authorised by a single tier-1 regulator, the ASIC. This doesn’t sound as prestigious as some other brokers on our list, but for Australians, it’s the only one you need.

I bring it up because ACY Securities seems to actively discourage users outside of Australia by charging them higher than-average rates.

Again, not a problem for most of our readers – but it is something you may consider if you’re planning to live or work abroad.

The platform offers three account types, with better rates for higher deposits. Users can further lower their costs by attaining active trader status.

ACY Securities offers three account types, with better rates for higher deposits.

All three account types offer significant leverage, made possible through ACY Securities being regulated in Vanuatu.

Enter the winner&#;s circle; one thing that makes ACY stand out is its year-long trading competition. The Trading Cup Contest allows users to win up to half a million dollars! Not bad work if you can get it.

Pros.

• Clearly laid out membership tiers, with competitive spreads on the highest tier.
  • Bonuses are available for top performers.
  • Active traders can reduce commissions by as much as pips per lot.

Cons.

• Metatrader only broker. This could be a problem for Apple users as Metatrader is currently suspended from the App Store.
  • Educational materials are hard to navigate.
  • Expensive for users outside of Australia.

Overall.

ACY Securities is a good option for experienced traders who are based in Australia.

I wouldn’t recommend them for beginners or small traders, as there are more cost-effective alternatives for people in those categories.

FP Markets.

Yet another Australian forex trading platform.

FP Markets is an Australian CFD and forex broker regulated by the top-tier ASIC.

They give you a choice between raw pips and zero commission. A raw pips account starts with a commission of $3 per side, while the commission-free option starts with a spread of 1 pip.

It’s not the most impressive offer on our list.

For Forex traders, the commission is $3 per lot with an average spread of pips. There is no inactivity fee, which is useful if you’re not a full-time trader.

Pros.

• Quick set up.
  • Low fees.
  • Standalone app.

Cons.

• International withdrawal fees.

Overall.

FP Markets is nothing special. They don’t offer the best price, the most options, or the most powerful tools. They’re a good all-rounder, but nothing to write home about.

• MetaTrader 4 and 5 integration.
  • Zero pip or commission-free trading.
  • Uncompetitive pricing.

Should I Trade With A Zero-Commission Forex Broker?

Only if you’re a beginner. You’ll discover a rule of thumb with forex brokers. You either get:

• No commissions and high spreads, or
  • Low spreads and high commissions.

Every time you place a trade, your forex broker will take a cut that’s a set number for each lot size. That’s the commission.

The spread, meanwhile, is the difference between the bid and the ask price of the instrument.

Your recipe for success involves finding a broker that allows you to get your trade through the spread as well as having a commission that’s low enough for you to still be in profit.

I usually look for brokers that have low commissions and low spreads.

Zero-commission brokerages usually stick it to you excessively on the spreads.

Some brokers really suck, with ridiculous spreads of 3 pips, which means the price would need to move by 3 pips for you to be at zero on your trade. This is ridiculous because a move of 3 pips is not small.

Should I Trade Forex Only?

No. The first error every new retail trader makes is limiting themselves to one asset class (and sometimes one time horizon (e.g., day trading).

You must learn how to trade everything so you can predict and follow volatility while diversifying your risks.

If one approach stops working, you can shift &#; while avoiding concentrated risks.

Is This Why Most Forex Trading Platforms Offer CFDs?

Yes. Traders live and die on volatility, and it has been crushed in forex markets in the last 10 years.

There are some exceptions, like USD/JPY, but the low volatility on major currency pairs makes forex good to learn on, but difficult to make lots of money on when day trading.

Historically, the volatility in equities, indices and crypto is approximately twice as high.

Most professional traders split up their positioning, with half of their exposure to equities and the rest split evenly across commodities, crypto and forex, keeping some cash in reserve to take advantage of very short-term opportunities.

Should I Start With A Demo Account?

Yes. It’s the only reliable way to see what the real spreads are. This is particularly important when the brokerage offers variable spreads.

But keep in mind that you don&#;t learn much about risk management until you open a real position with real money.

How Do I Know If I&#;m A Beginner Forex Trader?

Beginner traders take the directional “day trading” approach to market. They think in short time frames, measuring everything in 1-minute, 5-minute, 4-hour or daily increments.

They often take out positions.

One of them is usually their “favourite” forex pair, a short on the S&P (because their favourite YouTube economist has predicted an economic doomsday again) and their favourite cheap underdog stock (something to do with AI or blockchain).

They seek quick returns that potentially don’t exist – because they don&#;t monitor volatility correctly.

In contrast, professional traders think in month blocks.

They take out multiple long-short positions to build portfolios that profit from the upside potential of certain securities while mitigating the downside of risk.

Each professional portfolio contains positions, none greater than 10% of the overall pie.

Why Do Forex Trading Platforms Charge Inactivity Fees?

Dormant accounts are a massive problem in the brokerage industry.

Would-be traders go to trading seminars, get convinced to open a trading account, deposit a couple of thousand dollars but never build up the confidence to pull the trigger.

Some trading platforms charge inactivity fees as a disincentive for leaving your trading account dormant.

Contrary to popular opinion, they care little about this small charge (usually $10/month). They’re trying to make you trade, as this is how they make real money.

Quick Comparison Of Leading Australian Forex Trading Platforms.

How does my #1 recommended forex trading platform in Australia, Fusion Markets, compare with runners-up? Let&#;s find out.

Fusion Markets vs Pepperstone.

• Fusion Markets is a low-cost forex broker aimed at beginners, while Pepperstone is a traditional forex broker aimed at experienced traders. They&#;re very different platforms for very different users.
  • Fusion Markets has a much wider range of markets and asset classes.
  • Fusion Markets offers rock-bottom commissions on any trade, while Pepperstone gets cheaper once you start trading higher volumes (and the 30% discount kicks in).

Fusion Markets vs CommSec.

Commsec comes with the perceived security of being backed by Australia’s biggest bank.

On the flip side, Fusion Markets is one of Australia&#;s leading dedicated forex trading platforms. So, not only does Fusion have a strong reputation in its own right – but they’re also specialists.

• Fusion Markets has a user-friendly interface and quality customer service. Commsec is frequently criticised for its poor user experience and customer service. No contest here.
  • Fusion Markets offers very cheap commissions, while Commsec charges a % commission per side with Forex and a minimum of $10 per trade.

Fusion Markets vs AvaTrade.

AvaTrade’s paper trading option and simple pricing structure make it easier for beginners to get into Forex trading. Fusion Markets generally offers lower spreads and commissions, though.

• Fusion Markets and AvaTrade are both easy to use and navigate, so it’s a draw when it comes to usability.
  • Fusion Markets offers a broader variety of trading options.

How Does Forex Trading Work?

The goal of forex trading is to profit by trading CFDs of currency pairs.

Forex traders speculate on the future value of one currency against another. They then make trading decisions accordingly.

1. CFDs Can Be Your Friend.

Importantly, forex traders don&#;t purchase the underlying asset. Instead, they engage in CFD trading that predicts the direction of price movement through a contract.

2. Pair Up.

Currencies are always quoted in pairs, such as EUR/AUD or AUD/USD.

The first listed currency of a currency pair is called the base currency and the second currency is called the quote currency.

When you purchase a currency pair from a forex broker, you effectively buy a CFD on base currency and sell the CFD against the quote currency.

The code&#;s price explains how many units of the quote currency it would take to buy the base currency. For example, a typical quote pair for is:

AUD/USD =

Here, the AUD is the base currency, and USD is the quote currency. In other words, the Australian Dollar is worth US Dollars.

The base currency always equals 1, while the number represents the amount of the quote currency it takes to purchase 1 unit of base currency.

3. Learn Leverage.

When you trade forex, you only put in a small amount of money compared to the full value of the trade.

Forex brokers refer to this technique as &#;leverage&#;. Also known as trading on margin, leveraged trading allows you to trade with a small stake in a much larger investment.

This is important, as currencies only fluctuate by minute amounts, and in order to make a substantial profit, you must trade large volumes.

Keep in mind that leverage works the other way around. If the exchange rate moves against you, you are held responsible for any losses from the entire value of the trade. Therefore, forex trading is usually better for experienced traders comfortable with taking risks.

What Do I Need To Know About The AUD/USD Pair?

The AUD/USD is one of the world&#;s top-traded currency pairs.

Australia adopted a free-floating forex currency system in This means the Australian dollar exchange rate is set by the demand and supply of Australian dollars on the foreign exchange market.

• Today, AUD is one of the most traded currencies globally due to Australia&#;s wealth in metals, coal reserves, diamonds, meat production and wool.

Which factors affect this pair?

1. The RBA Official Cash Rate.

The actions of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) directly affect the AUD/USD pair.

In , we have seen the cash rate increase by over %.

Of course, actions of the US Federal Reserve &#; aka The Fed &#; also play a huge part.

As shown above, the price of AUD has slumped during , largely due to interest rate hikes by the Fed.

Generally speaking, the interest rate differential between both banks will directly impact the net position of the AUD/USD pair.

2. Commodity Prices.

Commodity prices strongly influence Australia&#;s currency as the country exports large amounts of coal and iron ore.

Interestingly, this has a knock-on effect on importers. When the Australian Dollar falls against the US Dollar, imports become more expensive for Australian businesses and consumers.

3. The Chinese Economy.

As China is Australia&#;s largest trading partner, any changes in the Chinese economy will also affect the AUD.

The value of the AUD/USD pair is quoted as 1 Australian dollar per every X number of U.S. dollars, where X is the current market rate. For example, if the market rate is it means that it takes U.S dollars to buy 1 single Australian dollar.

How To Choose The Best Forex Trading Platform?

The best forex broking platform for you will depend on your needs and the platform&#;s benefits. Start by considering the following:

1. Who Are You?

Be honest about your commitment to forex trading and your level of expertise. Ask yourself:

• Which currency pairs do I plan to trade?
  • Do I plan to be a casual or full-time trader?
  • How much experience do I have?

2. Does The Platform Have Essential Features?

Next, evaluate the forex trading platform through the following 7 lenses:

• Does it have advanced trading and analysis tools? Advanced forex trading strategies require access to historical pricing trends, technical indicators and customisable charts.
  • Does it have a sufficient selection of currency pairs? Generally, advanced forex traders want a wider selection.
  • How fast are the execution speeds? Sub second speeds are crucial if you don&#;t want to face slippage (when prices change before your order goes through).
  • Can you get a demo account? This will allow you to check whether the trading platform is the best for you in a % risk-free environment.
  • How intuitive is the trading platform&#;s interface? If you don&#;t like using it, you probably won&#;t use it.
  • Does it offer other asset classes? If you decide to trade stocks and cryptocurrencies in the future, you won&#;t have to jump through regulatory hoops twice.

3. Is It Regulated In Australia?

Ensure that your forex trading platform of choice is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

This way, you can have the assurance that the platform is legitimate and your funds are held in a safe ecosystem.

ASIC regulation guarantees Australian retail clients cannot have leverage limits exceeding

4. Does The Trading Platform Offer A Phone App?

The best forex brokers in Australia also offer fully optimised mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices.

To provide the best user experience, trading apps should include all of the features available on the desktop platform, such as placing buy and sell orders, conducting market research, requesting deposits and withdrawals.

5. Does The Platform Offer Top-Notch Customer Service?

Look for a forex broker that offers five-star customer service.

The best forex brokers that earned top spots in this review offer support on at least a 24/6 basis, which matches activities of the global currency trading market.

Live chat with a real person (or at least with a competent bot that can direct you to the right resource) is a big bonus.

Is There The Best Time Of Day To Trade Forex?

The foreign exchange market is open 24 hours a day, five days a week (including most holidays). This means that you can trade forex anytime, anywhere.

However, not all times are created equal.

• The best time to trade forex is during the London session or the New York session.

These are the times when the majority of international banks and businesses are active in the market, and when there is the most liquidity.

The London session runs from 3 AM to 12 PM GMT, while the New York session runs from 8 AM to 5 PM GMT. It means you&#;ll have to stay up pretty late if you live in Australia.

Can I Teach Myself How To Trade Forex?

Yes, but be careful. While there are no shortage of online gurus happy to sell you their forex trading course, it&#;s essential to be wary of scams.

My #1 advice for you is this: stop trying to learn everything from everyone.

Many beginners get lost in a sea of trading forums, e-books and blog posts.

They end up with a patched approach to their trading, characterised by dozens of indicators on their screen and hundreds of currency pairs in their head.

They endlessly flip through charts, achieving very little.

A better approach for someone just starting out in forex trading is to use a simple and focused approach:

• Focus on 5 or 6 major currency pairs. For example, GPB/USD, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF, EUR/USD. These pairs have good volatility, good liquidity and tight spreads.
  • Learn trading strategies. This ensures you have consistent opportunities regardless of geopolitics. Strategies are like golf clubs &#; there&#;s no single perfect one, but you carry a few trusted ones and you use the right one for the right market conditions.
  • Trade at the same time each day. You will learn faster, as you&#;ll be buffeted by less variables outside of your control.
  • Watch the bigger picture. If you&#;re trading on the 1-hour chart, remember to periodically zoom out to the 4-hour chart to see which way the market is trending.

You will find several reputable forex trading courses on learning platforms such as Coursera and Udemy.

How Do I Start Forex Trading In Australia?

The process is quite simple. I suggest you spend less time agonising over your choice of trading platform and more time learning how to trade.

1. Open A Forex Trading Account.

For beginner traders, the best way to start forex trading in Australia is to set up a micro forex trading account with a low capital requirement.

Such accounts have variable trading limits and allow investors to limit their trades to amounts as low as 1, units of a currency.

• For context, a standard account lot is equal to , currency units.

Another option for beginner traders is to use a demo account. A demo account simulates live trading conditions and allows you to test your strategies without risking any real capital.

2. Deposit Funds.

Once you have chosen the best forex trading platform for your needs and set up an account, you will need to deposit funds into your account.

Most Australian forex brokers accept deposits via bank transfer, credit/debit card, or e-wallet.

Avoid bank wires without Osko, as the funds take days to arrive.

3. Search And Trade Currency Pairs.

Once your account is funded, you can start searching for forex pairs (as well as indices, commodities, shares, and ETFs).

Don&#;t be haphazard in your approach. Use resources on the Internet to find a trading strategy that appeals to you and stick to it. As a general guide:

• Place a ‘buy’ order if you think the value of the currency pair will rise.
  • Place a ‘sell’ order if you think the value of the currency pair will fall.

Questions About Forex Trading You&#;ve Been Too Afraid To Ask.

Don&#;t worry, I won&#;t tell anyone.

Fundamental vs Technical Analysis: Which Is More Important For Forex Traders?

Professional traders focus on fundamental trading 80% of the time and 20% on technical. Unfortunately, most beginner retail traders do the opposite.

They overvalue the importance of looking at candlestick charts and undervalue the need to understand economic data that predicts forex price movements.

What Are GSLOs?

GSLOs are not offered by all forex brokerages. These give you % certainty that you’ll be closed out of a trade at an exact price specified by you, regardless of market volatility.

Think of GSLOs as another risk instrument tool in your forex trading toolkit, alongside trailing stop losses and stop-loss orders. You can only place GSLOs during trading hours.

Is Copy Trading Good For Beginners?

Yes and no. It&#;s a time saver, but it doesn&#;t teach you much about the fundamentals of trading.

What Do I Need To Open A Forex Trading Account?

Applying for a forex trading account is generally a quick and easy process that can be completed entirely online.

Most forex brokers will have an online application form that you&#;ll need to fill out, after which you should hear back from them regarding the status of your application.

Have the following details and documents ready to help prove your identity:

• Your name.
  • Date of birth.
  • Address (utility bill will do it)
  • Proof of ID (e.g., driver&#;s license, passport).

Some forex brokers will ask you to upload a photograph that shows your face and a piece of paper with a keyword and/or current date. This helps keep the platform free from fraudulent accounts.

Does ASIC Regulate Forex Trading Platforms In Australia?

All retail forex trading platforms in Australia must hold an Australian financial services (AFS) license. ASIC, the main regulator of forex brokers in Australia, issues the license.

ASIC requires all forex brokers to meet certain standards, including:

• Segregation of client funds: Client funds must be kept separate from company funds.
  • Negative balance protection: Clients cannot lose more than their initial deposit.
  • Financial stability: ASIC requires forex brokers to maintain a certain level of financial stability.

In addition, ASIC has a number of rules in place to protect investors, including the following:

• Leverage limits: The maximum amount of leverage that a forex broker can offer is
  • Margin call level: ASIC requires forex brokers to issue a margin call when the account balance falls below 50% of the required margin.
  • Stop out level: A stop out occurs when the account balance falls below 20% of the required margin. At this point, the broker will close all open positions.

Which Forex Trading Platform In Australia Is Best For Beginners?

This is a difficult question to answer in one sentence. I suggest you read the entire review above to understand the pros and cons of each platform.

That said, Fusion Markets is the best choice for absolute beginners who don&#;t plan to learn fundamental and technical analysis.

Which Australian Forex Broker Gives The Highest Leverage?

Gone are the days when you could get leverage in Australia. As of the 29th of March , the ASIC has capped leverage at

Most platforms offer leverage of , the limit to what they’re legally allowed.

Keep in mind that higher leverage means higher risk. Only use as much leverage as you&#;re comfortable with.

Institutional vs Retail Forex Brokers: Which Are Best?

Traditionally, institutional traders would buy and sell currencies on behalf of large hedge funds, pension funds, banks and businesses while retail traders would do the same for individuals.

Institutional investors generally have greater sums of capital at their disposal, which gives them access to the best forex trading platforms with:

• Greatestdiversification capacity.
  • Reducedcosts per trade.
  • Advancedmarket analysis and research.
  • Fastestexecution times.

That said, online forex trading platforms have blurred the lines between institutional and retail investors in recent years.

For instance, all individual Australian traders have access to derivative products such as Contracts for Difference (CFDs).

Does CommSec Do Forex?

Yes. Commonwealth Securities Limited (CommSec) is a securities trading platform provided by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Established in , today it is the country&#;s largest platform with over 55% of all investors using it to invest their money.

Despite impressive credentials and popularity, CommSec ranked as 3rd best forex broker in Australia because of the % foreign exchange fee on transfers from the Australian Dollar into other currencies.

Can I Trade Forex With $?

Yes, but you probably shouldn&#;t.

While some forex brokers accept deposits as low as $, the lack of leverage increases your chances of losing as much as 88% of your investment.

Can I Trade Forex In Australia Without A Forex Broker?

No, you cannot trade forex without an ASIC-regulated broker in Australia.

All Australian forex brokers must have an Australian Financial Services licence in order to act as an intermediary that buys and sells currency pairs on your behalf.

What Are The Risks Of Forex Trading?

Without risk, there are no profits. Your ability to price and tolerate risks will determine your success in the forex trading game.

Here are 3 main forex trading risks that you should consider before signing up to a forex trading platform:

• Exposure. Even though you front up a small percentage of the trade value upfront, you are still responsible for the entire amount. Small price fluctuations can result in margin calls, which require you to pay an additional margin. During volatile market conditions, aggressive use of leverage can lead to substantial exposure, where your losses exceed initial investments.
  • Rapid fluctuations. The forex market is volatile &#; and currencies can move up or down a lot in a short space of time.
  • Trading costs. Forex trading incurs transaction costs, including spreads (the difference between the bid and ask price of a currency pair) and commissions. These costs eat into your profits.

My Closing Words On Choosing The Best Forex Brokers In Australia.

To sum up, there&#;s no such thing as the best forex trading platform. Different platforms are best for different types of users:

• Fusion Markets &#; Best for low cost and best overall.
  • Pepperstone &#; Best for active traders.
  • Eightcap &#; Best all-rounder.

Remember that forex trading is most effective when you think of it as a long-term strategy. It&#;s not a path to overnight success.

Give yourself concrete goals, avoiding the temptation to think in 1-week and 1-month increments. Ask yourself:

• What is my 5-year goal?
  • What is my year goal?

Forex trading is not for you if you cannot work with such long horizons.

Steven

10 Best Forex Brokers in Australia for

Founded in and headquartered in Israel, there are +1 things to like in Plus&#x;s offering. Above all, I found it extremely safe and trustworthy. The broker is not only ASIC-regulated, which ensures compliance with the strictest safety requirements, but it&#x;s also listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).

What also stood out to me in Plus&#x;s offering is its wide range of share CFDs of Australian companies. Local stock traders can choose from a sufficiently large collection of such derivatives and trade comfortably during the Sydney trading session.

Regional Features

• ASIC regulation, Licensing No.
  • Located in Sydney, Australia.
  • Australian instruments &#x; 7 FX pairs, 1 index, 69 shares.
  • Deposits and withdrawals in AUD.

Except for the feature-rich and intuitive Plus&#x;s proprietary platform, the broker offers quality and insightful research resources. The platform keeps traders in the loop with up-to-date market news and insightful weekly analysis, largely focusing on key fundamental drivers like earnings reports and central bank activities.

WebTrader's built-in research +Insights feature offers a peek into community trading trends, displaying data on popular instruments and top-performing positions. I find the sentiment metrics extremely useful; when the buyer-to-seller ratio hits extreme levels, it often flags potential trend reversals. This intel gains added significance due to Plus's extensive client base.

I tested Plus&#x;s trading fees and assessed them to be quite competitive. There is no volume-based commission, and the broker only charges conversion fees (when applicable) and the spread. Overnight charges also apply when executing positions lasting longer than a day. I measured Plus&#x;s EURUSD spread at pips, which meets the industry average.

*This information is NOT relevant to EU residents. EU residents are to be serviced by European regulation subsidiaries of the Plus Group such as PlusCY Ltd which is authorized and regulated by CySEC, license No / Different regulatory requirements apply in Europe, such as leverage limitations and bonus restrictions

Your Guide to Forex Trading in Australia

Forex trading is accessible to everyone and offers the potential for significant returns, but it is important to approach it cautiously to avoid losing money. Forex traders in Australia should choose a reputable and regulated broker to avoid getting scammed, educate themselves on Forex trading, create a trading plan and stick to it, develop a risk management strategy, practice trading on a demo account, stay informed and educated, and follow the global financial market news.

FXScouts Podcast: Let's Talk Forex

Season 3 just dropped! We cover how to minimise risk in Forex trading, trading psychology, Forex terminology, trading strategies, and interviews with top brokers.

Latest Forex News and Analysis

Keep up to date with the latest market news and analysis. Our research team keeps a close eye on developments in the financial markets and Forex industry.

Compare Forex Brokers Side-by-Side Using Complete and Accurate Data.

We are big believers in transparency. To help you make an informed choice, we publish our comprehensive broker comparison process and constantly update our State of the Forex Market report. 

FP Markets
VS
IG

ASIC Regulated

Leverage

PlatformsMT4, MT5MT4, L2 Dealer

Min. Spread pips pips

Min. Deposit

View Full Comparison
Pepperstone
VS
FP Markets

ASIC Regulated

Leverage

PlatformsMT4, MT5MT4, MT5

Min. Spread pips pips

Min. Deposit

View Full Comparison
XM
VS
IG

ASIC Regulated

Leverage

PlatformsMT4, MT5MT4, L2 Dealer

Min. Spread pips pips

Min. Deposit

View Full Comparison

What is Forex Trading

Forex trading, derived from Foreign Exchange, is the process of exchanging one currency for another through secure online platforms connected to Forex brokers. Every day, thousands of Australian traders buy and sell currency pairs, like the AUD/USD, hoping to make a profit through the fluctuations in exchange rates. It´s difficult to predict the changes in exchange rates between currencies. They are determined by complex economic, political, and technical factors, making Forex trading both a risky yet potentially profitable career.

Forex trading in Australia is legal and regulated, and Australian Forex traders are protected by the Australian Investment and Securities Commission (ASIC). ASIC imposes restrictions on Forex trading to safeguard inexperienced traders. Restrictions include a leverage limit of and compulsory negative balance protection for non-professional traders so they never end up owing money to their brokers.

ACN

Best Forex Brokers Australia

Top 5 Tokens to Pump in

Forex Brokers For Australian Traders

Only Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) approved forex brokers are authorized to offer forex trading in Australia.

Forex Brokers offer currency trading as derivative instruments called CFDs. Almost 80% retail traders in Australia lose money with forex/CFD brokers.

Speculating on currency exchange rates is very risky, regardless of the broker you choose. Even if you do have the financial adequacy for forex trading, you must only do so via ASIC licensed forex brokers.

Licensed forex brokers must abide by rules such as: specifying their target market, segregation of client funds, and leverage restrictions placed by ASIC. We will explain our research below.

📸 Broker Trading Name

🛡 Licensed in Australia

✂ AUD/USD minimum spread (Standard Account)

💰Minimum Deposit (AUD)

💻 Website

Pepperstone

Yes, AFSL No. , licensee since

$ AUD

eunic-brussels.eu

Fusion Markets

None

eunic-brussels.eu

XM

$5

eunic-brussels.eu

AvaTrade

$ AUD

eunic-brussels.eu

Plus

None

eunic-brussels.eum/en-AU

Eightcap

$ AUD

eunic-brussels.eu

Oanda

None

eunic-brussels.eu

FP Markets

$ AUD

eunic-brussels.eu

These forex brokers abide by ASIC CFD leverage restriction of for retail & for professional traders. Any leverage above is risky so even if is allowed always opt for lower leverage to limit any losses.

• Pepperstone &#; Best Forex Broker Australia
  • Fusion Markets &#; Forex Trading Platform for Scalpers
  • XM &#; Forex Broker with No Commission & spreads only
  • AvaTrade – Forex Trading Platform with Fixed Spreads
  • Plus &#; Licensed CFD Trading Platform
  • Oanda &#; Low Spread Forex Trading Platform
  • EIghtcap &#; Forex Broker with TradingView
  • FP markets &#; Good MT4 Forex Broker with ECN & Iress Direct Market Access
  • Vantage – ASIC Regulated Forex Broker

Important Note for readers: Only ASIC licensed forex brokers should be used if you are a currency speculator. Also, only professional traders who have experience should trade forex.

The ASIC Product Design & Distribution Rules also require that brokers clearly specify their target market, & make sure users understand the risks.

Some offshore brokers don’t narrow their target market, & present forex/CFD products as free for all activity which is not so as over 80% of CFD traders end up with losses.

1. Pepperstone &#; Best Forex Broker Australia

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, CHF, JPY, NZD, SGD, HKD

💰 Trading Costs

Commission, Spread, Swaps

💰 Inactivity fee

$0

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at Pepperstone

+

🚀 Leverage for Professionals

🚀 Leverage for Retail Traders

🚀 Pepperstone Leverage as per Instrument for Retail Traders

Forex , Crypto , Commodities , Indices , Currency Indices , Shares

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Pepperstone Group Ltd. has held their ASIC license number since , they have a physical office in Australia, & their accounts are audited by Ernst & Young.

Their activities are closely watched by the ASIC & they comply with all ASIC rules.

Who is Pepperstone’s Target Market for OTC Products?

Pepperstone CFD products are for retail traders who know how leverage works & are aware of the dangers. It is also for those looking to use CFDs to hedge risk.

What is the cost of trading?

Commission, Swaps, & Spread. There are 2 account types: The Standard Account does not take commissions & its spreads don’t fall below 1 pip.

The Razor Account only takes commissions when you trade FX CFDs, & spreads are low as you can trade EUR/USD at pips sometimes.

Pepperstone commission depends on the trading platform you selected. MT4/5, TradingView, & Pepperstone Mobile App; attract $ per side commissions on every standard lot of FX CFDs traded.

If you are trading via cTrader, you pay a lower commission of $3 per side per standard lot of FX CFDs.

Pepperstone spread is not platform based, instead it depends on your trading account type. EUR/USD average spread of pips is to be expected on the Pepperstone Standard Account, and pip on Razor Account.

Gold traders (XAU/USD) can expect spreads to begin as low as pips and go as high as pips on average.

Swaps are also to be expected on Pepperstone, as you earn or pay them when you hold a CFD position till the next day.

What trading platforms can I use on Pepperstone?

Pepperstone provides the MT4, MT5, cTrader, and a Proprietary Mobile App. They also provide The TradingView platform so you can trade from advanced charts, and eunic-brussels.eu platform so you can write trading programs in simple English language.

Tools such as cTrader automate let you build cBots, Auto chartist scans the charts and interprets patterns, API trading lets you import price info from pepperstone to your trading robot, and other tools.

What can I trade on Pepperstone?

Over CFDs from 7 Asset Classes- Forex, Commodities, Indices, Currency Indices, Cryptocurrency, Shares, & ETFs.

Pepperstone has 90+ currency pairings including Non-Deliverable Forwards (NDFs). Currency Indices include US Dollar Index, Euro Index, & Japanese Yen Index.

How is Pepperstone’s customer support?

Support is on 24/5. You save on cost when you dial Pepperstone toll-free Australian phone number for help. A LiveChat is also available & response is swift.

What are the Pros & Cons of Pepperstone?

Pepperstone Australia Pros

✖ Pepperstone Australia Cons

·       ASIC authorized broker AFSL

·       Starting deposit of AUD

·       AUD account currency as well as USD

·       No Guaranteed Stop Loss Orders

·       Responsive live support

·       Pepperstone is a CFD broker, so all the other instruments are also CFDs (which carry high risk)

·       Toll-free AU help lines

·       Pepperstone has a wide range of trading platforms including MT4/5, cTrader, TradingView, & a Proprietary Mobile App

·       Raw spread accounts

·       Pepperstone offers Smart Trader Tools for MT4/5 at no cost

·       Education for beginners is provided for by Pepperstone

·       No inactivity fees

Visit Pepperstone for more information on pricing and account opening

2. Fusion Markets – Forex Trading Platform for Scalpers

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $0

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD, GBP, EUR, USD, SGD, HKD

💰 Trading Costs

💰 Inactivity fee

$0

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at Fusion Markets

+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFDs at Fusion Markets

FX , US Shares , Crypto , Gold , Other Commodities , Indices ,

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Are Fusion Markets safe?

Fusion Markets is a trademark of FMGP Trading Group Pty Ltd who have been in Australia since They are ASIC regulated (AFSL No ), Audited by LNP Audit, & have a Sydney office location.

Who is the Target Market for Fusion Market Products?

• Retail clients that understand the risks of CFD leveraged trading especially during high volatility.
  • Clients who intend to use CFDs to hedge risk.

What does it cost to trade with Fusion Markets?

Commission, Spread, & Swaps. The Zero Account type offers spread from 0 pips plus $ per side commissions.  The Classic Account offers spreads from pips and doesn’t take commissions.

Overnight swaps are not ruled out, as you pay & receive swaps on overnight CFD positions.

What trading platforms does Fusion Markets offer?

MT4, MT5, & cTrader. They have also partnered with 3rd party platforms: DupliTrade, & Myfxbook AutoTrade.

What can I trade on Fusion Markets?

CFDs on 6 Asset Classes: Forex (90+ Pairs), Metals, Indices, Commodities, Crypto, & US Shares. You trade US Share CFDs with zero commissions, but you don’t own the shares you only speculate on its price movement.

At Fusion Markets you cannot trade Bond & ETF CFDs.

How is Fusion Market customer support?

Telephone help lines are not toll-free, but LiveChat is very responsive. Website is also user-friendly

Pros ✔

Cons

ASIC authorized broker

No Guaranteed Stop Loss

No minimum deposit

No proprietary trading platform 

No inactivity fees

Help lines are not toll-free 

24/7 support plus Live Chat

Limited range of CFD instruments

AUD trading account currency

US Share CFDs are commission-free

Low $ per side commission

cTrader platform is available at Fusion Markets

Visit Fusion Markets for more information on pricing and account opening

3. XM &#; Forex Broker with Zero Commission

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $5

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, HUF, PLN

💰 Trading Costs

Spread, & Overnight Swaps (zero commissions)

💰 Inactivity fee

$5

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at XM

1,+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFD Instruments at XM

FX , Shares , Soft Commodities , Indices , Gold , Silver , Oil & Gas

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Is XM safe?

XM operates through Trading Point of Financial Instruments Pty Ltd AFSL number: They are audited by William Buck and have a physical office in Sydney.

Who is the Target Market for XM products?

For retail clients who can show evidence of prior trading experience, those with suitable knowledge such as a finance degree, those looking for short-term market exposure. 

What is the cost of trading on XM?

Mainly spread, & swaps. Zero commission applies to all XM Accounts offered. The Ultra-low Account spreads are the lowest starting at pip.

On Standard Accounts, EUR/USD spread starts from pips & pip on Ultra-low Accounts.

Gold spreads start from pips on the Standard Account while on the Ultra-Low account it starts from pips

What platforms does XM offer?

XM offers a Proprietary XM Trading App, alongside MT4 and MT5. The XM proprietary platform is only a mobile app, and workability is restricted to Android/iOS Phones or Tablets.

What can I trade on XM?

There are CFDs on 50+ Currency pairs: Major, Minor, and Exotic pairs. Other available CFDs are Stocks, Commodities, Equity Indices, Precious Metals, & Energies.

How is XM customer support?

The phone and email customer support work 24/5. Live chat has a long waiting period and is not very responsive even on weekdays. The Phone lines are not toll –free.

What are XM Pros & Cons?

Pros

Cons

XM is an ASIC authorized forex broker

XM does not offer raw spreads for scalpers

AUD base currency

XM charges an inactivity fee of $5

XM minimum deposit is $5 which is low

No toll-free help lines

XM does not charge commissions which makes it easier for beginners to estimate profit & loss

No Crypto CFDs on XM broker

XM offers Micro Accounts which restrict position size for beginners & minimize losses

At XM you can choose between fixed or variable spread pricing

Good educational support and research content

Visit the XM website for more information & to open account with Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd

4. AvaTrade – Forex Trading Platform with Fixed Spreads

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD

💰 Trading Costs

Fixed Spread, & Overnight Swaps (zero commission)

💰 Inactivity fee

$50

🛍 CFD Instruments Offered

+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFD Instruments

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Is AvaTrade safe?

Ava Capital Markets Ltd AFSL No. commenced Australian operations in They are audited by Peter Sheldon & have a physical office in Sydney.

Who is the Target Market for AvaTrade Products?

We couldn’t find the Target Market Determination (TMD) Document on AvaTrade AU website.

What is the cost of trading on AvaTrade?

The pricing regime is somewhat rigid. You are restricted to only fixed spreads, for example EUR/USD is pips fixed. However, AvaTrade doesn’t take commission so major fees are Spread + Swaps.

Accounts left dormant for 3 months & above will be charged $50 monthly.

What platforms does AvaTrade offer?

3 proprietary platforms (AvaTradeGo, Webtrader, & AvaOptions), as well as MT4/5 platforms. 3rd party platforms like ZuluTrade & DupliTrade are also available via partnership for copy trading.

What can I trade on AvaTrade?

CFDs on Forex (55 pairs), Bonds, ETFs, Stocks. You can also trade vanilla options on Forex, but it is very complex and could blow your account quickly.

How is AvaTrade customer support?

It&#;s available 24/5, and the LiveChat is very responsive. There’s also whatsapp and email as well as AU phone lines which aren’t toll-free.

What are the pros & cons of AvaTrade?

Pros

Cons

ASIC regulation

High starting deposit

AUD account currency

AvaTrade has a limited range of trading account types

AvaTrade offers Fixed spreads which allow for planning a strategy

Website is not user-friendly

Good proprietary platforms developed

AvaTrade charges Inactivity fee

Diverse tradable products

No free phone lines

AvaProtect Risk Management Tool

AvaTrade does not offer Guaranteed Stop Loss 

Education for beginners

The free AvaTrade Guardian Angel Trading Support Expert Advisor for MT4/5 is ideal for beginners

Visit AvaTrade for more information on pricing and account opening

5. Plus &#; Licensed CFD Trading Platform

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $0

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD

💰 Trading Costs

Spread, & Overnight Swaps (zero commissions)

💰 Inactivity fee

$10

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at Plus

+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFD Instruments at Plus

FX , Crypto , Indices , Commodities , Shares , Option CFDs , ETFs

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

Yes

Is Plus safe?

PlusAU Pty ltd. has been regulated by ASIC since with AFSL No They are audited by Price WaterHouse Coopers & have a physical office in Sydney.

Who is the Target Market for Plus Products?

• Retail consumers above 18 years, who understand how CFDs work as per Plus Assessment.
  • Those who can afford to lose their entire balance
  • Those with a high-risk appetite & looking to invest in the short-term.

What is the cost of trading on Plus?

Spreads and overnight Swaps. There’s also an inactivity fee & Guaranteed Stop Loss Order Fee.

What platforms do Plus offer?

Only their proprietary Plus platform. MetaTrader is unavailable.

What can I trade on Plus?

CFDs on Forex (60+ pairs), Commodities, Indices, Crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Polygon), Stocks, Options, & ETFs.

How is Plus customer support?

Toll-free lines are open 24/7 but there is no LiveChat. Complaints can also be forwarded via email.

What are Plus pros & cons?

Pros

Cons

ASIC regulation

$10 inactivity fee

Plus is a global brand listed on the London Stock Exchange

Website is not very informative

Plus has an extensive range of + CFD instruments

No MetaTrader platform

24/7 support with toll-free telephone lines

Zero commission

Guaranteed stop loss

Trailing stop loss

Trading academy with video tutorials

Visit Plus for more information on pricing and account opening

6. Eightcap – Forex Broker with TradingView

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $

💱 Account Base Currency

💰 Trading Costs

Spread, Commission, & Overnight Swaps

💰 Inactivity fee

$0

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at Eightcap

+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFD Instruments at Eightcap

FX , Indices , Shares , Crypto , Commodities

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Is Eightcap safe?

Eightcap Pty Ltd. is an ASIC regulated CFD Trading Platform with AFSL issued in Audited by Ernst & Young, Eightcap also has a physical office in Melbourne.

Who are Eightcap products targeted at?

• Age 18+ & who have good CFD trading knowledge.
  • Those who can afford to lose their entire capital
  • those with high-risk appetite & short-term investment horizon

What is the cost of trading on Eightcap?

Commissions, Spreads, & Swaps. The Raw Account takes a $/side commission while allowing you access to spreads as low as 0 pip. Other accounts are without commission, but spreads begin from 1 pip.

Overnight CFD positions will attract a swap which you either pay or receive.

What trading platforms are available?

MT4, MT5, & TradingView.

What can I trade on Eightcap?

CFDs on Forex (40+), Commodities, Indices, Shares, & Crypto.

How is customer support?

LiveChat is very responsive. You can also reach out through email and telephone 24/5.

What are the Eightcap pros & cons?

Pros

Cons

ASIC authorization

Limited asset classes to trade

AUD account currency

Eightcap does not have its own proprietary mobile app. You can use MT4/5 or TradingView.

Eightcap does not charge inactivity fees  

Eightcap does not offer toll-free telephone support  

Eightcap offers Raw Accounts where spreads are not marked up & this is ideal for algorithmic traders

Eightcap minimum deposit is $ AUD which is high

Eightcap offers you the TradingView charting platform so you can access high-end charts that are interactive as well

Eightcap does not offer Guaranteed Stop Loss

Eightcap provides advanced trading tools such as Flash trader & eunic-brussels.eu

No Educational material or tutorials for beginners

Visit Eightcap Australia for more information, and account opening

7. FP Markets – Good MT4 Forex Broker with ECN & Iress Direct Market Access Accounts

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $

💱 Account Base Currency

💰 Trading Costs

Spread, Commission, & Overnight Swaps

💰 Inactivity fee

$0

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at FP Markets

10,+

🚀 Retail Leverage on CFD Instruments

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

No

Are FP markets safe?

FP Markets is registered with the ASIC as First Prudential Markets Pty Ltd with AFSL number

What is the cost of trading on FP Markets?

FP Markets has 2 account types: Standard and Raw Accounts. The Standard Account has zero commission, while the Raw Account comes with a commission of $ per side.

The spread for the Standard Account starts from 1pip, while the Raw Account spread begins from 0 pip. You also pay and receive swaps for overnight positions.

What trading platforms are available?

MT4, MT5, & cTrader (which they newly introduced).

What can I trade?

Range of products features CFDs on over 70 forex pairs, Shares, Commodities, Indices, Metals, ETFs, Bonds, & Cryptocurrencies.  

How is customer support?

Contact support via email, phone number, social media, LiveChat, etc. 24/7. For the LiveChat, the response time is less than one minute.

What are the pros & cons?

Pros

Cons

ASIC authorization

No proprietary trading app

AUD base currency

High minimum deposit

Range of products is diverse reaching over 10, CFD instruments

24/7 support

FP Markets offer Iress Direct Market Access Account for Stock CFD trading

No inactivity fees

Visit FP Markets Australia for more information, and account opening

8. Oanda &#; Low Spread Forex Trading Platform

💰 Starting Deposit

AUD $0

💱 Account Base Currency

AUD, GBP, EUR, USD, SGD, HKD

💰 Trading Costs

💰 Inactivity fee

$10

🛍 No. of CFD Instruments Offered at Oanda

+

🚀 Retail Leverage at Oanda

FX , Crypto , Commodities , Indices , Bonds

🚀 Professional Leverage

🪂 Guaranteed Stop Loss

Yes

Is Oanda safe?

Operating in Australia since , Oanda is an ASIC approved CFD Platform with AFSL No. They are audited by Price Waterhouse Coopers and have a physical office In Sydney.

Who is the Target Market for Oanda Products?

• Retail traders above 18 years who have traded CFDs before or has sufficient knowledge of CFDs
  • Those aware of CFD pricing & overnight financing
  • Those with a high-risk appetite who can accept losing all their equity yet come up with additional margin when needed.

What does it cost to trade with Oanda?

$/side Commission, Spread, Swaps fees, & $10 AUD inactivity fee.

Oanda has 2 account options: The Core Pricing Account grants you spread as low as 0 pip, but you pay commissions. The Spread-only Account has zero commissions & spreads from pip.

What trading platforms does Oanda offer?

Its own Oanda proprietary platform, as well as MT4, & TradingView platforms.

How do I connect Oanda to TradingView?

• logon to TradingView and search for Oanda’s profile
  • Click on ‘Trade’
  • It will prompt you to enter your Oanda Login Credentials then you start trading

What can I trade on Oanda?

CFDs on 6 Asset Classes: Forex, Indices, Metals, Crypto, Commodities, & Bonds.

Although Oanda offers over 70 Forex CFDs on their menu, there is an imbalance between the overconcentration on forex, & other asset classes.

For example, you cannot trade Share, & ETF CFDs at Oanda Australia, & Cryptocurrencies are just 3 (Bitcoin, Litecoin, & Ether),

How is Oanda customer support?

Support is 24/5 but there is no LiveChat service. Contact via email, telephone, or filling in a complaint form.

What are the Pros & Cons of Oanda?

Pros ✔

Cons

·       ASIC authorized broker

·       Customer service is average and lacks LiveChat

·       Guaranteed Stop Loss

·       Inactivity fee

·       No minimum deposit

·       No MT5 trading desk

·       TradingView partnership plus a good mobile app

·       You cannot trade Share CFDs on Oanda Australia. Range of CFD products at Oanda are limited

·       Oanda has very low spreads on Standard Accounts with EUR/USD averaging at pips

How to Choose a Forex Broker in Australia?

We will consider what you should look out for when choosing a forex broker in Australia.

#1. ASIC Regulation: Online retail forex trading is legal in Australia.

The body in-charge of regulating forex trading and other investment activities is the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).

As a forex trader, always ensure you trade with a broker that is licensed and regulated by the ASIC, so you are protected by local laws if a dispute ever arises.

Use these steps to confirm if a broker has an active ASIC license:

• Go to your broker’s website and check the bottom of the page for the AFSL license number usually issued to them by the ASIC. See image extract below for Pepperstone with AFSL No.

• Go to the ASIC website eunic-brussels.eu
  • Click on ‘Search Our Registers’
  • Click on ‘Check ASIC Connect Professional Registers’

• Enter AFSL number you got from broker’s website and in the ‘select register’ drop down menu, click on Australian Financial Service Licensee’ then click search to consummate it.

The outcome of your search will carry details of the forex broker but pay attention to the status of the license which should read: ‘Current’.

#2. Account Opening & Trading fees: You can reduce trading fees by choosing account types with less fee compared to others. This is because a forex broker might offer numerous accounts for traders to choose from.

Spreads are a major fee to watch out for because they can widen or tighten, based on market volatility of the instrument you’re trading.

Depending on your trading strategy, choose low spread trading instruments or accounts.

To avoid conversion fees, choose brokers that provide AUD account base currency; this prevents the back-and-forth conversion fees.

Also watch out for commissions which are flat rate fees paid twice: when you open & when you close a position.

If you don’t intend to trade often, check for monthly inactivity fees as these are levied after a certain period of account inactivity.

#3. General trading conditions:

Trading conditions include Leverage, Trading Platform, Number of Currency Pairs on Offer, Leverage, etc.

The ASIC has restricted leverage brokers can offer in Australia to for Retail Traders and for Professional Traders. Any broker offering above this is clearly not regulated by the ASIC.

A leverage means losses are multiplied by 30 times, so a $10 loss becomes a $ loss. Forex brokers allow up to leverage when you trade forex CFDs because exchange rates change in such small amounts that for you to make a respectable earning, you need to increase leverage.

However, you should not look to make a high profit at once, as it is better to trade using lower leverage like and have a higher win rate (your win rate should exceed your loss rate).

For trading platforms, you must ensure the broker’s platforms are compatible with the device you intend to use for the trading.

Beyond that it should be a platform that is easy for you to navigate. Also ensure that the broker’s currency pairs on offer represent a mix of currencies across major, minor and exotic pairs or the pairs you prefer to trade in.

The broker should also have a healthy mix of tools, educational and research support to guide you in trading, make trading experience seamless and provide knowledge on latest trends shaping the market.

#4. Australian Customer Support: when choosing a forex broker, look out for the ones that have various means of communication respond as fast as possible and available 24/7.

Your forex broker should have a call support with an Australian phone number, email support that replies within few hours, a human Live Chat where you can reach out to customer support etc.

How to Trade forex in Australia?

Although forex trading is legal in Australia, but it is only for traders who have experience. It is not for beginner investors, who don’t understand the risks of leverage.

Moreover, any form of CFD or derivative instruments should not be traded by retail investors who don’t understand the risks.

These steps below are commonly involved in forex trading.

Step 1&#; Choose a broker: ensure the forex broker is ASIC approved and don’t be carried away by reward programs offered by offshore forex brokers.

Step 2&#; Learn the basics of forex trading. You can use a demo account to give you a practical understanding of it. Don’t trade with real money if you are not profitable on paper trading.

Step 3&#; Develop a trading strategy- here you draft a plan on the strategies you wish to deploy in the market.

You should factor in risks, trading style, leverage and funds at your disposal. You should always have a stop-loss order in place.

Don’t risk more than 2% of your capital on any single trade.

Step 4&#; Fund Your account- depending on the payment system available, you can fund your account through any of these means: bank transfer, credit cards, e-wallets etc.

Avoid funding your account through unknown links sent to you by friends or people you meet online

Step 5&#; Place your trade. The best time to trade forex in Australia depends on the currency pairs you are targeting.

• The Asian session is best for pairs containing the Japanese Yen such as USD/JPY and starts as 10PM and closes at 7 AM Australian time (AEST)
  • The European session is best for pairs that contain European currencies like GBP/USD, EUR/USD etc. It opens at 4PM and ends at 1AM AEST. This is the busiest and most liquid session!
  • The North American session is ideal for pairs like USD/CAD and is open from 9PM to 6AM AEST

Watch out for when North American and European sessions collide, around 1Am to 4AM AEST as liquidity becomes very high, and you get lower spreads on currency pairs.

Is Forex Trading legal in Australia?

Yes, forex trading is legal for retail traders based in Australia. Only the forex brokers who have been licensed under ASIC, and don’t have any restrictions by the regulator are legal in Australia.

You should have financial adequacy & experience to trade this instrument. A very high percentage of the retail forex traders in Australia loses their money.

Your forex broker is required by the ASIC to carry out due diligence before onboarding any new trader.

Information on Forex Trading in Australia

💰 Lowest starting deposit

$5 AUD

🛒 Highest No. CFD Instruments

10,+

🛒Highest No. of Currency pairs

90+

💰Lowest spread: Standard Account

pips

💰 Lowest Spread: Raw Account

pips

💰 Lowest Commission

$ per side

💱 Account currencies

AUD. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, SGD, HKD, PLN, JPY, CHF, HUF

Frequently Asked Questions- Best Forex Brokers Australia

Who is the best forex broker in Australia?

There is no best forex broker, only the ones who are licensed are reputed.

The forex brokers who are approved by the ASIC include: XM, Oanda, Pepperstone & others. These brokers may change overtime if there is any change in their regulatory status.

Who is the swap free broker in Australia?

Swap-free trading in Australia is only for Islamic Accounts. Otherwise, you must pay swap fees for overnight trades.

Which forex broker in Australia offer lowest spreads?

On Standard Accounts, Oanda spreads start from pips, Fusion Market spread starts at pips, & Pepperstone spread starts at 1 pip. These are some of the lowest spread forex brokers Australia has.

Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Community to Get Regular Top Tech Updates
Whatsapp IconTelegram Icon

Find the Best Forex Broker for Your Trading!

When you become a trader, you probably dream of making good money. However, this can only be done if you make sure to follow the right rules and mindset. When it comes to rules, there are 10 of them to keep in mind. What are they?

Develop and Use Your Trading Plan

It’s important to develop and use a trading plan, which consists of written rules that lay out when your entry and exit strategies are. It also dictates what your money management standards are. It should be noted that developing a trading plan takes time… a lot of it, so don’t rush it!

Thanks to today’s technology, it’s never been easier to test trading ideas before you risk actual money in a venture. Traders can use back-testing, which means using trading ideas against historical information, to help them figure out if they have a viable trading plan. Will it work as they expect it to?

After you’ve created your plan and tested it out with positive results, you can use it in real trading situations. If it’s to work fully, you need to stick by the plan. If you take trades outside the plan, even when they turn out favorably, it’s regarded as bad trading and could damage the plan’s anticipated results (expectancy). Remember every trading plan must show positive expectancy to make a profit.

Look At Trading As If It’s A Business

If you want to be successful, you should consider the notion that it’s a part-time or full-time company – not a hobby, not a job. A hobby means you have no commitment to learning something, and trading can be an expensive thing. With a job, you expect a regular paycheck; that’s not what you get with trading.

View trading as a business that includes expenses, taxes, losses, risk, anxiety and uncertainty. Traders are a small business owner, and the only way to get the most from the business is to do some research and planning ahead of time.

Make Use Of The Broker's Technology

It’s important to remember that trading is highly competitive, and it’s safe to say that a person making a trade is using every technology at their disposal that they can. For example, they may use charting platforms that give them an array of techniques (such as technical analysis) to look at and investigate the markets.

Back-testing ideas using prior information before taking risks can help save your trading account as well as ease stress and aggravation you could have. Use your smartphone to get market updates anywhere you are. A great place to start is with a demo account offered by many online brokers.

It’s interesting how people have grown accustomed to technology but take it for granted (high-speed internet, anyone) without realising its true value. Make technology work for you and stay on top of the latest trends to continue your successful trading behavior.

Protect Yourself and Your Capital

It can take a lot of time and effort on your part to save money to fund your trading account. And, it doesn’t always get easier to do the next time you make trades. Keep in mind that protecting trading capital does not correlate with not losing trades, as that’s going to happen regularly. That’s the way the business goes.

Protecting capital means not taking certain risks you know are bad, trading where the probabilities are in your favour and using risk & money management strategies to protect yourself and your business.

Learn About The Different Foreign Exchange Markets

When it comes to successful trading, it’s a good idea to continue your education and learn as much as you can each day about the markets. Many ideas come with the knowledge you should have some idea about, but really knowing the markets to ensure success is a continuous process.

With more than sufficient research, FX traders learn facts such as what each economic report means. This information, commonly supplied by brokers or the trading platforms they offer provides traders the ability to hone in their instincts, helping them to make better trades based on the reports affecting the markets they are doing business in.

Markets are impacted in all kinds of ways – world politics, economics, events and weather. It’s a dynamic environment, which means for traders to be successful, they need to learn about past and present markets. Utilise the demo trading accounts offered by many Forex brokers.

Risk What You Can Reasonably Lose

Remember, funding trading accounts is tedious can take a plethora of time to build up your capital. Before you start using real money, be sure that the money you have in your account can be used without breaking your bank. If you can’t, keep saving for a time when you no longer "need" the money.

Don’t save money in a trading account for a university education for your kids or paying on your home’s mortgage. Don’t “borrow” money from them. Be prepared that you could lose the money in the account because it could happen.

While losing money is bad enough, losing money you really need can be devastating.

Create A Trading Technique Using Facts

Be sure to create a trading technology that will be worth using. You may come across the "it’s so easy that you’re printing your own money" scams. However, base your techniques on facts rather than your emotions or desire.

Traders not in a hurry tend to have an easier time going through the information. Think of it this way: if you decide to start a new career, you’re going to need to study at least a year or two before you’re remotely qualified for a position in the field. Learning how to effectively make trades is no different, and should be based on research.

Apply A Stop Loss

You may be wondering what a stop loss is. It’s the predetermined risk amount you can accept losing on every trade. The stop loss can be a percentage, dollar amount or based on market structure, but whatever you decide, it stops the exposure in trades. A stop-loss removes some emotions out of the trading process, as it lets you know just how much money will be lost on trades.

It’s never good to ignore a stop loss, even if you ended up getting a good trade out of it. If you exit at the stop loss and lose a trade, it’s still considered a good thing because it falls under your rules. While it’s always good to leave a trade with profits, that’s not always possible. However, a stop loss reduces the risks and can mitigate against account destroying drawdowns.

The vast majority of online broker trading platforms offer the ability to add stop loss orders so there is no excuse not to use them!

Understand The Time To Stop Trading

There are two key reasons to stop your trading:

Ineffective Trading Plan – This leads to much higher losses than what is expected according to historical testing. Markets could have changed, and volatility of a certain trading tool could have decreased, or it’s not performing as anticipated. Traders can benefit by staying businesslike and keeping emotions out of the situation. It’s important to look at reviewing the trading plan, making changes where necessary or developing a new plan altogether. If you are to succeed, you need to develop a trading plan that is successful.

Ineffective Trader – This is a person who cannot follow their trading plan, usually due to stress, bad habits, lack of discipline and more. Traders not in the right frame of mind for trading need to take a step back from the business to deal with their personal issues. Once they’ve been dealt with, a trader can start making trades again.

Have Perspective In The Trading Process

When trading, you need to keep focused on the end goal. You’re going to lose trades – that much is certain. Winning trades that are on average larger than your loosing trades means you’re on the right path for profits. The idea is to focus on the cumulative effect. Once you accept the wins and losses as the nature of doing business, you won’t let emotions have an effect on you and your performance. Yes, you can get excited about a profitable trade, but losing trades is a part of the business too.

Make sure you set realistic goals to keep things in perspective. If you have a small trading account, don’t think you’re going to get big dollar returns – it won’t happen! Be sensible about your goals, look at percentage returns instead and things will work out for you.

What To Remember…

For traders to have a good trading business, they need to understand trading rules and how they work together. It’s difficult but can be rewarding work, if you take the time to learn the rules, practice patience, utilise the tools offered by your online broker, and have some discipline. Do this, and you can be very successful in the highly competitive trading world.

AFSL No

Next, look up the firm number on the ASIC website to validate their current regulatory status. Here is the official ASIC page for Pepperstone (if you want to learn more about Pepperstone, check out my Pepperstone review).

What protection does ASIC provide forex traders?

In addition to the many protections afforded by a trusted regulatory jurisdiction such as efficient compliance and enforcement of regulations, forex traders in Australia may also benefit from the required Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance policy that ASIC-regulated brokers are required to hold.

A forex broker that holds an Australian Financial Services (AFS) license with ASIC must hold adequate insurance. Adequacy levels are contingent on the size of the broker (i.e. larger brokers must have larger policies, whereas smaller firms will hold coverage sufficient for their client base size).

Important note: Indemnity insurance isn’t designed to protect you directly – it protects your broker in the extraordinary case of an insolvency event. It does not guarantee that you will be paid should your broker become insolvent. Nonetheless, this insurance policy is a requirement under sB of the Corporations Act of , which mandates that AFS holders have arrangements in place to compensate clients in the event of Chapter 7 of the corporations act (and under Chapter 6 applicable to AFS holders as per the Treasury Department). This can help reduce the damage caused in cases where a broker goes out of business.

In the event of the insolvency of a forex broker: ASIC will step in to ensure that external administrators comply with the law, supervise any registered liquidators that may be assigned from secured creditors, and implement insolvency reforms and publish updates about the case on its website. Because forex traders must rely on the broker's creditworthiness to reduce counterparty risk, it is essential to only deal with highly-trusted forex brokers.

Is forex trading legal in Australia?

Yes, forex trading is legal in Australia and is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), which supervises and regulates financial markets and ensures that brokers are complying with the Corporations Act of

Australia’s financial markets

Forex traders will recognize the Australian dollar (AUD) as Australia’s national currency (known in the forex world as “the Aussie”), with the AUD/USD being one of the more popular currency pairs in the global forex market.

Forex markets and Australian forex brokers are affected by the monetary policy as regulated by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA), which issues and manages the Australian dollar.

Aside from ensuring the stability of Australia’s national currency, the RBA oversees risk in the financial system and aims to promote Australia’s overall economic prosperity.

The primary stock market in Australia is the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), located in Sydney. The ASX’s markets offer a wide range of asset classes that include equities, futures, derivatives, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), exchange-traded products (ETPs), and commodities.

Do I have to pay taxes on forex trading in Australia?

Yes, Australian citizens and residents must report their income from trading in Australia – including any profits earned from forex trading. Likewise, any losses from trading forex can be filed depending on how your tax professional prepares your tax return filings, and whether you are trading as an individual or under a business name.

Can I trade forex with $?

Yes, you can trade forex with just $ However, your ability to do so will depend on two factors: minimum deposit requirements and contract size availability. To start trading forex with just $, you’ll need to find a broker that allows you to open a live account with a $ minimum deposit, and it’ll also need to let you trade micro lot contracts (just 1, units of currency). The good news: Many forex brokers accommodate minimum deposits of $, and will offer micro contracts once you’ve opened a live account to trade forex.

$ might seem like a small amount of money for trading and investing, but it is actually quite common for forex traders to start out with minor sums in order to test the live trading qualities of a platform. If you want to see some low-cost options for trading forex, check out our guide to the best zero spread brokers.

savingsPro tip:

Open a demo account to learn how to use your broker’s trading platform. You can test out your forex strategy using virtual money before placing any real (live) trades. Then, you can move on to live trading with the $ balance in your live account.

How do you get started trading forex in Australia?

If you want to start trading forex in Australia, it’s essential to start your forex journey by choosing a forex broker that is well-regulated and properly licensed in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). We’ve created this step-by-step guide to help you get started with forex trading in Australia:

1. Choose a reputable broker that is properly licensed and regulated by ASIC by verifying their credentials on the ASIC website. Check out this video where I show you how to verify if your broker is regulated by ASIC.
  2. Familiarize yourself with your broker’s trading software. Check out all available mobile and web apps and explore all your broker’s trading platforms (I always recommend starting out with your broker’s free demo account).
  3. Fund your trading account using the available deposit methods that are most suitable for you. PayPal has become a popular way to fund forex trading accounts, due to its extensive international presence and wide range of supported currencies. Head on over to our guide to the best PayPal forex brokers if you’d like to learn more.
  4. Put together a trading plan. Even the best traders can lose money, but the key to long-term success lies in sticking to a trading plan that keeps your average losses low (relative to your average profits).
  5. Enter the forex market. Choose your desired trade size, and open a long position by clicking buy on a given currency, or open a short position by clicking sell. You are now a forex trader!

schoolHow to start forex trading

Learn more about getting started as a forex trader by checking out my in-depth Forex educational series. I go over everything you need to know to start out as a forex trader; you'll learn about forex and currency trading, leveragein the forex market, how to calculate pips, and more.

What is the best forex trading platform in Australia?

Saxo Bank takes the crown for best forex trading platform in Australia, thanks to its SaxoTraderGO web and mobile platforms, which provide a robust set of trading tools and a highly unified experience across devices. Saxo Bank’s SaxoTraderPRO desktop platform packs an equally powerful arsenal of trading tools, backed by an even larger selection of professional trading features and state-of-the-art research – all wrapped in a streamlined, easy-to-use design. Saxo Bank is an excellent choice even for the most demanding forex traders in Australia. Read our Saxo Bank review.

Browse a gallery of screenshots from Saxo Bank's trading platforms, taken by our research team during our product testing.

Which broker has the highest leverage in Australia?

All forex and CFD brokers in Australia that are regulated by ASIC are limited to offering you the same maximum leverage of (on major currency pairs). Asset classes with more volatility (like cryptocurrency CFDs, for example) are limited to leverage (50% margin). These leverage restrictions came into effect in , bringing Australia closer to a state of regulatory harmony with the European Union.

Which broker has the best mobile app?

IG offers the best mobile app for forex trading in With the IG Trading app, forex traders gain access to a well-designed platform that comes packed with features like alerts, sentiment readings, and sophisticated charting capabilities. Read our IG review

Browse a gallery of screenshots from IG's mobile app, taken by our research team during our product testing.

Saxo Bank is the best forex broker in the overall mobile trading category. Saxo Bank’s SaxoTraderGO web and mobile platforms provide a powerful selection of tools combined with top-notch research in a highly unified cross-platform experience. Like IG, Saxo Bank is regulated by ASIC. Read our Saxo Bank review.

Browse a gallery of screenshots from Saxo Bank's mobile app, taken by our research team during our product testing.

Which broker is best for beginners?

For beginners who are looking to start trading forex in Australia, IG’s well-designed, easy-to-use trading platforms and comprehensive educational courses make it our top choice. DailyFx – IG’s in-house content producer – creates a wide range of informative articles and videos, and IG has even developed a standalone mobile app (in addition to their award-winning IG Trading app) dedicated to helping beginners learn about the financial markets. Read our IG review.

Browse a gallery of screenshots from IG's educational content, taken by our research team during our product testing.

Article Resources

eunic-brussels.eu, Wikipedia

Find the best forex brokers in the Asia-Pacific region

Asia

Oceania

Popular Forex Guides

More Forex Guides

Best Forex Brokers for Options Trading of Best CFD Brokers and Trading Platforms of Best High-Frequency Trading Platforms of Best Forex Trading Signal Providers of Best Forex Trading Platforms for Mac Users of Best MetaTrader 5 (MT5) Forex Brokers of Best Forex Brokers with Trading APIs of Best PayPal Forex Brokers of Best Forex Trading Courses of Best Bitcoin Brokers of

Methodology

At eunic-brussels.eu, our reviews of online forex brokers and their products and services are based on our collected data as well as the observations and qualified opinions of our expert researchers. Each year we publish tens of thousands of words of research and detailed forex guides, and we monitor dozens of international regulator agencies (read more about how we calculate Trust Score here).

Our research team, led by Steven Hatazkis, conducts thorough testing on a wide range of features, products, and services. We test all available trading platforms for each broker – whether they are proprietary or come from third-party providers – and evaluate them based on a host of data-driven variables. Our research team collects and validates thousands of data points each year.

We also take an in-depth look at each broker’s commissions and fees, such as bid/ask spreads – including the average spread data for some of the most popular forex currency pairs. We research other trading costs, such as inactivity or custody fees, minimum deposit requirements, VIP rebates and/or discounts, and a range of other important fee-based data points.

Some of the other important research categories that are factored into our testing include mobile trading accessibility and capability, availability of market research and educational content, and each broker’s regulatory status and number of held regulatory licenses.

All websites and web-based platforms are tested using the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. Our Desktop PCs run Windows 11, and we use MacBook Pro laptops running the latest version of macOS to test trading on the go.

We also test on mobile devices; for Apple, we test using the iPhone XS running iOS 16, and for Android we use the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra devices running Android OS

All content on eunic-brussels.eu is handwritten by a writer, fact-checked by a member of our research team, and edited and published by an editor. Generative AI tools are not a part of our content creation or product testing processes. Our ratings, rankings, and opinions are entirely our own, and the result of our extensive research and decades of collective experience covering the forex industry. Read our Generative AI policy to learn more.

Read our full explanation and accounting of our research and testing process to learn more about how we test.

Forex Risk Disclaimer

There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses. Read more on forex trading risks.

About the Editorial Team

Steven Hatzakis
Steven Hatzakis

Steven Hatzakis is the Global Director of Research for eunic-brussels.eu Steven previously served as an Editor for Finance Magnates, where he authored over 1, published articles about the online finance industry. A forex industry expert and an active fintech and crypto researcher, Steven advises blockchain companies at the board level and holds a Series III license in the U.S. as a Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA).

John Bringans
John Bringans

John Bringans is the Senior Editor of eunic-brussels.eu An experienced media professional, John has close to a decade of editorial experience with a background that includes key leadership roles at global newsroom outlets. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature from San Francisco State University, and conducts research on forex and the financial services industry while assisting in the production of content.

Joey Shadeck
Joey Shadeck

Joey Shadeck is the Content Strategist and Research Analyst for eunic-brussels.eu He holds dual degrees in Finance and Marketing from Oakland University, and has been an active trader and investor for close to ten years. An industry veteran, Joey obtains and verifies data, conducts research, and analyzes and validates our content.

Best Forex Brokers in Australia for

eunic-brussels.eu has been reviewing online forex brokers for over six years, and our reviews are the most cited in the industry. Each year, we collect thousands of data points and publish tens of thousands of words of research. Here's how we test.

Though it’s roughly the size of the U.S., Australia has fewer people than the state of Texas, and this relatively small population benefits from a robust financial regulatory environment and a sturdy banking system. Trading forex (currencies) in Australia is popular among residents as well as international traders seeking an Australian-based broker.

All Australia-based forex brokers must become authorised by the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), the Australian financial markets regulator. ASIC's website is eunic-brussels.eu We recommend users also follow ASIC on Twitter, @ASIC_Connect.

After the Australian Securities Commission (founded in ) was dissolved, ASIC was established in as a national regulatory authority which reports to the treasurer and administers legislation for the Insurance Act of , the Corporations Act of , and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act of For a historical breakdown, here's a link to ASIC's webpage on Wikipedia.

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. Between 74% and 89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Best Forex Brokers Australia

To find the best forex brokers in Australia, we created a list of all ASIC authorised brokers, then ranked brokers by their Overall ranking. Here is our list of the top Australian forex brokers.

Australian Forex Brokers Comparison

Compare Australian forex and CFDs brokers side by side using the forex broker comparison tool or the summary table below. This broker list is sorted by the firm's eunic-brussels.eu overall ranking.

CompanyAccepts AU ResidentsRegulated by ASIC Average Spread EUR/USD - Standard Minimum Deposit Overall Rating Visit Site

Interested in stock trading in Australia? You can hop over to our sister site, eunic-brussels.eu, to read our popular guide to the best online brokers in Australia.

Which forex broker is best in Australia?

Some of the best forex brokers around the world hold regulatory licenses with ASIC. After going through our independent database and identifying brokers that are regulated by ASIC (and accept clients from Australia), I put together this list of my top three picks for the best forex brokers in Australia:

1. IG

99 Trust Score - Most trusted broker in , Best Overall Broker in

IG is my pick for the best forex broker in Australia in Year after year, I’ve found that IG is a fantastic forex broker and a great choice for all forex traders; beginners, experienced investors, and algorithmic traders will all find something to like at IG. IG’s top ranking in Australia is a reflection of its continued dominance across many of our most important categories, such as Mobile Trading Apps, Research, and Offering of Investments. IG holds the highest Trust Score rating in our independent database due to the broker’s substantial number of licenses across its global brands (IG won our Annual Award for the Most Trusted Broker in ). Learn more about why I’ve ranked IG at the top of so many categories by reading my review of IG.

Check out a gallery of screenshots from IG's trading platforms, taken by our research team during our product testing.

2. Saxo Bank

99 Trust Score - Operates three banks, earned our top Annual Award for Platforms & Tools

Coming in second place for the best forex brokers in Australia is Saxo Bank, one of the most trusted brokers in our database thanks to its numerous regulatory and banking licenses. Saxo Bank doesn’t stop there – I’ve found its forex trading platform suite (which includes the SaxoTraderGo app for web and mobile, and the SaxoTraderPro desktop software) to be consistently excellent, leading me to award Saxo Bank with our top Annual Award for Platforms and Tools. Saxo Bank also delivers high-quality research content in numerous formats, such as articles, videos, and podcasts, alongside actionable intelligence and forex trading signals across a vast number of markets. Learn more about why I think Saxo Bank is a great choice by checking out our Saxo Bank review.

Browse a gallery of screenshots from Saxo Bank's mobile platforms, taken by our research team during our product testing.

3. CMC Markets

99 Trust Score - Publicly traded, won our Annual Award for #1 Most Currency Pairs

CMC Markets stands on the podium for the best forex brokers in Australia thanks to its ultra-competitive pricing and low average spreads available across a wide variety of global markets. CMC Markets is one of the most trusted brokers in our independent database thanks to its numerous regulatory licenses and the broker’s status as a publicly-traded company (LSE:CMCX). Whenever I use CMC Markets’ responsive NextGeneration platform, I find it packed with powerful features and intuitive trading tools. CMC Markets has also revamped its MetaTrader 5 (MT5) offering to deliver a wider range of tradeable symbols. Over the years, I’ve consistently ranked CMC Markets highly across many of our review categories – learn more by checking out my review of CMC Markets.

Check out some screenshots from CMC Market's trading platforms, taken by our research team during our product testing.

How to Verify ASIC Authorisation

Check out my walkthrough video, where I show you how to verify that your broker is properly regulated by ASIC. Verifying that your broker is regulated is a great way to protect yourself against forex scams. I've also created an educational series packed with helpful tips for identifying common forex scams.

To identify if a forex broker is regulated by ASIC, the first step is to identify the register number from the disclosure text at the bottom of the broker's Australia homepage. For example, here's the key disclosure text from Pepperstone's website:

Pepperstone Group Limited is registered in Australia at Level 5, Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC , and is licensed and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Pepperstone Group Limited

Top Rated Australian Forex Brokers

Huzefa Hamid

Huzefa Hamid

Australia has become a top destination for international Forex/CFD brokers, and remains popular among domestic Australian Forex traders. See below our most valued Australian brokers:

• Eightcap, Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos.
  • FXTM, Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution.
  • Pepperstone, Great ECN execution on MT4 platform.
  • ACY Securities, Swap-free trading with the MT5 trading platform.
  • BlackBull Markets, Best ECN trading environment, with scalping and hedging.
  • AvaTrade, Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads.

< scroll for more details >

ASIC, CySEC, FCA, SCBCMA, CySEC, FCA, FSC Mauritius, FSCAASIC, BaFin, CMA, CySEC, DFSA, FCA, SCBASICFMA, FSAASIC, BVI, Central Bank of Ireland, FFAJ, FSCA, KNF, MiFID
ECN/STP, Market MakerECN/STP, Market MakerNo Dealing Desk, NDDECN/STP, Market MakerECN/STP, No Dealing DeskMarket Maker
$ $ $ $50 $0 $
pips pips pips pips ($) pips pips
pips pips pips pips ($) pips pips
$ $ $ $ $ $
MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Trading ViewMetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Proprietary platformMetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader, Trading ViewMetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Trading ViewOther, MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Web-based+
N/A
Visit WebsiteVisit WebsiteVisit WebsiteVisit WebsiteVisit WebsiteVisit Website

Eightcap

/5 in this category

In Summary

Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Competitive pricing + excellent daily videos

Australian-headquartered Eightcap established itself as a top choice among Forex traders in Australia. Besides trusted regulatory oversight from the domestic ASIC, the AFCA, and a local presence, Australian Forex traders benefit from leading trading platforms and services. While Eightcap is required by law to restrict the maximum Forex retail leverage to , traders get the MT4/MT5 trading platforms with full support for copy and algorithmic trading. Negative balance protection and segregation of client deposits from corporate funds also exist.

Eightcap features popular domestic payment processors POLi and BPay, next to UnionPay and Skrill, and maintains one of the best Australian Forex trading infrastructures.

• Low minimum deposit and high leverage of up to

• Competitive cost structure

• Excellent technology infrastructure and seasoned management team

• Daily research and quality educational content

• Limited leverage in some areas

FXTM

/5 in this category

In Summary

Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Best all-around broker with high floating leverage and fast execution

We have made FXTM one of our top-rated Australian Forex brokers because in addition to its lengthy track record, it enjoys a very high level of regulation. It also has a stellar reputation, and it offers a highly competitive fee structure, which tends to keep down the cost of trading.

Traders get the core MT4/MT5 trading platforms, with full support for algorithmic and copy trading, while FXTM also features its proprietary FXTM Invest service, a quality copy trading alternative. With 1,+ assets, direct share investments, and in-house constructed thematic stock baskets, FXTM maintains a balanced asset selection, supplemented by quality education, research, and trading signals.

• Excellent commission-based Forex pricing environment and transparency

• Upgraded MT4/MT5 trading platforms plus proprietary mobile trading app

• Quality market research and educational content for beginner traders

• Proprietary copy trading platform, and high leverage

•  No cryptocurrencies and limited choice of commodities

Pepperstone

/5 in this category

In Summary

Great ECN execution on MT4 platform

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Great ECN execution on MT4 platform

Pepperstone, regulated by ASIC, is one of the largest MT4 brokers globally. Besides MT4 and MT5, it maintains cTrader, giving Australian Forex traders access to a trading platform developed for the electronic communications network (ECN). With execution speeds of 30 milliseconds, automated traders and high-frequency operations will benefit enormously from the technological infrastructure. VPS hosting adds another essential tool for automated trading solutions. Pepperstone has no minimum deposit and grants maximum leverage of , but it does recommend a $ portfolio.

• Excellent choice of trading platforms consisting of MT4/MT5, and cTrader

• Market-leading MT4/MT5 upgrade package, Autochartist, and API trading

• Social trading support via Myfxbook, MetaTrader Signals, and DupliTrade

• Leverage of up to and superb trade execution

• Demo accounts have day time limits

ACY Securities

/5 in this category

In Summary

Swap-free trading with the MT5 trading platform

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Swap-free trading with the MT5 trading platform

ACY Securities ranks among the best Forex brokers in Australia as it offers Capitalise AI for algorithmic trading in a code-free environment. It also upgrades the core MT4/MT5 platforms with 15 plugins. Forex traders opting for the $ minimum deposit Pro Zero or the $10, Bespoke accounts get raw spreads from pips for a commission of $ and $ The 46 liquidity providers result in fast order execution under 30ms.

Copy traders benefit from the embedded MT4/MT5 services and can use third-party providers Signal Start and SoFinX. ACY Securities offers passive income seekers a high-paying partnership program.

• Large repository of daily analysis and educational content

• Low spreads starting at 0 pips in the Spread Zero account

• 16 payment processors, including cryptocurrencies

• Competitive trading fees in its commission-based accounts

BlackBull Markets

/5 in this category

In Summary

Best ECN trading environment, with scalping and hedging

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Best ECN trading environment, with scalping and hedging

BlackBull Markets is a rare New Zealand broker, alongside our Australian Forex brokers, that is regulated by New Zealand Financial Market Authority (FMA) which is smaller than ASIC but equally valuable. In , this broker was among one of the fastest-growing companies. The commission-free account features a minimum spread as low as pips, while the commission-based alternative commences from pips for a cost of $6 per round lot. BlackBull Markets additionally maintains a 0 pips institutional account with a negotiable cost structure.

The ECN/NDD trading environment, high leverage, and deep liquidity offered make it an obvious choice for scalpers and high-frequency traders, with the Active Trader Account an especially competitive account type.

• ECN/NDD execution model with deep liquidity

• Institution-grade pricing for retail traders via proprietary price aggregation

• ZuluTrade and Myfxbook for social trading

• Leverage of up to

•  Limited deposit options

AvaTrade

/5 in this category

In Summary

Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

Highly regulated, choice of fixed or floating spreads

Aussie Forex online traders who desire trading platform choices from an ASIC-regulated entity will find a good match in AvaTrade. While the MT4/MT5 trading platforms remain the most demanded ones, this Australian Forex broker offers a proprietary WebTrader for manual traders. In addition, AvaOptions presents an options trading alternative, and AvaTraderGO caters to mobile traders, while DupliTrade supports social trading. The regulatory environment is excellent, and AVA Trade offers an outstanding asset selection across seven categories, granting cross-asset diversification.

AvaTrade’s well-balanced asset selection can ensure traders have access to the structural components of a competitive edge.

• High-quality educational offering via SharpTrader

• Excellent choice of trading platforms catering to various trading needs

• Broad asset selection and cross-asset diversification opportunities

• Well-regulated and trusted broker with oversight from a central bank

• Trading costs competitive but nothing special

FP Markets

/5 in this category

In Summary

ECN trading with leverage up to

Get Started

Get Started

In Summary

ECN trading with leverage up to

FP Markets is one of the primary contenders for Best Forex Broker Australia as it offers an excellent selection of over 10, assets across three trading platforms plus an outstanding technology infrastructure. Regulation by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) ensures domestic and international traders have a secure trading environment to manage their portfolios. Besides the market leading MT4 trading platform, the MT5 platform is also available. FP Markets is also home to the best online trading platform in Australia with its Iress proprietary solution.

• Choice of trading platforms and auxiliary trading tools

• Very competitive cost structure and excellent asset selection

• Low minimum deposit requirement and leverage of up to

• Well-regulated and trustworthy

• Availability of Iress geographically restricted

eToro

/5 in this category

In Summary

Best broker for social traders and crypto traders : 74% of retail CFD accounts lose money

Get Started

74% of retail CFD accounts lose money

Get Started

74% of retail CFD accounts lose money

In Summary

Best broker for social traders and crypto traders : 74% of retail CFD accounts lose money

eToro was founded in the early days of the online retail Forex era, in – this broker occupies a unique space as the king of social and copy trading. eToro has a long track record and unique reputation to protect, although this image is more focused on its copy trading model than on any other individual feature, except maybe its special relationship with cryptocurrencies.eToro is regulated in Cyprus, the U.K., Australia, and the United States although its U.S. offering is firmly differentiated from its offering to the rest of the world. eToro is a leading cryptocurrencies CFD broker. Following its acquisition of Danish blockchain company Firmo and Belgian crypto portfolio tracker application Delta, it released its cryptocurrency wallet for mobile eunic-brussels.eu crypto is not available for users in the US and under FCA regulation.

eToro Pros & Cons

• Active investment community ideal for social trading

• Dedicated tools for social trading

• Broad cryptocurrency selection

• Expanding educational offering for beginner traders

Plus

/5 in this category

In Summary

Wide range of CFDs + trailing stop losses

Get Started

82% of retail CFD accounts lose money

Get Started

82% of retail CFD accounts lose money

In Summary

Wide range of CFDs + trailing stop losses

Plus was founded in and has its main offices located in Sydney, Australia. The sophisticated Plus trading platform is considered to be one of the best platforms for new forex traders to cut their teeth on. New traders can also enjoy useful features such as trailing stop losses, which help to closely control potential losses on falling trades, along with a free demo account, which gives you all of the features and tools of a live account, without the associated risks. Plsu traders can enjoy instant access to over instruments, which includes trade on movements in the price of forex, indices, shares, commodities, ETFs cryptocurrencies, and options.

•  Broad asset selection in equities and options

• Free and unlimited demo account

• Advanced free-of-charge analytical trading tools

• Global and regulated fintech platform

• Sub-standard trading platform without support for automated or social trading

eunic-brussels.eu

/5 in this category

eunic-brussels.eu, part of UK-publicly listed and FTSE constituent Playtech PLC, operates five subsidiaries regulated in the UK, Cyprus, Australia, South Africa, and the British Virgin Islands. eunic-brussels.eu serves traders via Marketsx and investors through Marketsi. Besides its proprietary trading platform, eunic-brussels.eu deploys the MT4 and MT5 trading platforms. eunic-brussels.eu offers a relatively wide asset selection. Forex and crypto traders have a choice of 67 currency pairs and 25 cryptocurrency pairs. Equity traders get access to over 2, equity CFDs, 60 ETFs, and 40 index CFDs. Completing the selection are 28 commodities, 13 in-house created blends (in-house thematic portfolios), and 4 bonds.

• Competitive commission-free Forex fees from pips

• Well-balanced choice of trading instruments with 2,+ CFD Assets

• Competitive proprietary trading platform alongside MT4/MT5

• Excellent Customer Support

• Commodities and indices fees higher than Forex costs

Forex trading is % legal in Australia. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) regulates FX trading in Australia. All domestic brokers must obtain an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) license, while Aussie Forex traders may also trade with international brokers. The Corporations Act outlines rules and regulations for Australian financial firms, including Forex brokers in Australia, to remain compliant with the law. It is also paramount for Australian Forex traders to report profits to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), regardless of whether their portfolios are in Australia or offshore.

• Regulation - It will ensure that your capital is protected, and you sleep well at night. ASIC-regulated brokers are among the most trustworthy and transparent. All our Top Australian Forex Brokers offer are well-regulated.
  • Cost Structure - Make sure that you have access to competitive pricing. Active Forex traders should look for an ECN account with raw spreads and a competitive commission. 0 pips and a charge of up to $7 per round lot is acceptable. FP Markets, FXTM, Pepperstone, and BlackBull Markets fulfill this category.
  • Asset Selection - Diversification remains a core aspect of risk management. Make sure you have broad choices across multiple categories. FP Markets and AvaTrade grant excellent choices.
  • Trading Platforms - Most Forex brokers offer MT4, but make sure your broker grants add-ons or an excellent proprietary alternative. FP Markets and Pepperstone lead in this category, chased very closely by AVA Trade and FXTM.

While many new Aussie Forex online enthusiasts focus on trading strategies and profits, compare Forex brokers, and try to find the Best Trading Platform Australia, they miss some of the most critical aspects for successful Forex trading. Below are a few tips for Forex trading in Australia to make sure that you have the proper non-broker trading conditions.

• Trading Space - You must have a distinct trading space, even if you trade from home, as all retail traders do. Ensure it is quiet so that you can focus on trading, which is one of the most challenging mental activities you will encounter.
  • Avoid Distractions - Since Forex trading takes place online, there are countless distractions, primarily from social media. Avoid them when you trade. Learn to dedicate specific time slots per day for trading, and during those periods, invest your energy on nothing but trading. Otherwise, your results will reflect your distractions.
  • Breaks - One of the most ignored aspects of this time-consuming profession, even for retail trades, is the necessity to take breaks. Starring at screens will place your brain on autopilot, and you will be prone to miss alerts and trading signals.
  • Exercise and Diet - It may sound far-fetched, but exercise improves your mental strength, which you need when you trade Forex. A healthy diet adds to your overall well-being, can encourage you to exercise, and ultimately give you another edge.
  • Analyze and Visualize - Always analyze your trades, profits, and losses. There is constant room for improvement, even if you only squeeze out a few pips per trade. They add up and will make a significant difference. Visualize your trading strategy, your upcoming trading day, and how you will aim to become a better Forex trader.

Australia has taken the top spot in the Forex market due to its business-friendly environment allowing Forex brokers to expand their business while offering a high level of security. The Australian Securities and Investments (ASIC) established itself as a trustworthy and proactive regulator, providing peace of mind to traders. All ASIC-regulated brokers operate under the protection of the Act of Grace mechanism under section 65 of the Public Governance, Performance, and Accountability Act , while traders enjoy protection under the Scheme for Compensation for Detriment caused by Defective Administration (CDDA Scheme).

The Australian Forex market experienced a growth burst driven by regulatory changes enforced in the European Union in These changes rendered the E.U. less competitive, harming former safe-haven Cyprus. The transition is ongoing, but Australia is one benefactor of the slow exodus out of the EU by Forex brokers and traders alike. While Australia will soon receive competition from the U.K. following Brexit and a return to more market-friendly policies free of E.U. regulation, ASIC maintains a competitive environment for finance. Domestic trends show a continuous increase in demand, partially driven by the secure trading environment, low capital requirements, and high leverage.

Over the next decade, the Australian Forex market is forecast to capture a more substantial market share, with its close relationship and economic dependence on China, the largest Forex market globally, providing an invaluable catalyst. Forex trading Australia remains a high-growth sector to monitor, with exciting opportunities from its emerging FinTech industry transforming the market. The best Australian Forex brokers invest heavily in their technology infrastructure, providing a significant competitive edge to traders, eliminating slippage and requotes.

We have also examined the best Australian Forex brokers for beginners, where excellent educational tools await those traders with a sincere interest in becoming an Aussie Forex online master.

Australian Forex market regulation remains the responsibility of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. ASIC maintains one of the most competitive trading environments globally and is the sole Tier 1 regulator, where brokers offer a maximum leverage of to all traders. Therefore, ASIC-regulated brokers are well-positioned to take market share, particularly from E.U. counterparts, where CySEC-regulated entities operate with the distinct disadvantage of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).

nest...

как торговать на форексе стратегии индикаторы демарка для metastock календарь новостей на форекс иностранные банки форекс как выставлять стоп лосс на форексе как зарегистрироваться на рынке форекс индикаторы цифровые световые типа ицс 5 в авиации масд на форексе матожидание на форексе все о рынках форекс lang ru индикаторы на omron m2 eco индикаторы в метрологии медицинских учреждениях как заработать деньги на форексе с помощью мета трейдера

© 2024 Toko Cleax. Seluruh hak cipta.