October club fly?

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
swannie

Re: October club fly?

Postby swannie » Wed, Oct 16 2013, 01:21 PM

I could be open for something ... I'm in FL now, but I come back Friday morning.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Wed, Oct 16 2013, 05:48 PM

If St Charles will get more people I'm for it, but I'm sure those fields will be used for soccer and other activities on Saturday unless there is an acceptable alternative nearby.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

illescasd

Postby illescasd » Wed, Oct 16 2013, 06:19 PM

I am really pushing to get out for a bit on Sat,, lobbying hard....
"Don't bend the spoon, bend the space around it,,,"

Shari

Postby Shari » Thu, Oct 17 2013, 03:50 PM

If you are going out on Saturday can you post an address I might be interested.
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Thu, Oct 17 2013, 09:33 PM

I'm not sure whether they are picking the soccer fields in St. Charles or the Middle School in Sugar Grove, so I'll wait to hear what they decide. I can probably make a portion of the day either location (as long as I'm home before 4:30 pm). I'll have to work out the "kid activity" driving schedule with my wife, but I think I can make it.

swannie

Postby swannie » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 06:12 AM

goestoeleven wrote:I'm not sure whether they are picking the soccer fields in St. Charles or the Middle School in Sugar Grove, so I'll wait to hear what they decide. I can probably make a portion of the day either location (as long as I'm home before 4:30 pm). I'll have to work out the "kid activity" driving schedule with my wife, but I think I can make it.

I'm good with either ... I think there was concern that the fields in St. Charles might be in use during the day?

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 08:48 AM

Saturday is family sports day in St Charles. Kids usually on every field within a fifty mile radius. Even the fields on the east side where Xay likes to go fly during the week.

I know for certain that the field at the SG middle school is available, but may be dotted with some portable lights because it's used for football practice during the week. The field is plenty big though with open land all around.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 09:45 AM

Where are the fields located? Are you talking about the school off Kirk Road between Army Trail and North Ave?

I think I can make it (for at least a few hours) to either St. Charles or Sugar Grove.
Last edited by goestoeleven on Fri, Oct 18 2013, 10:15 AM, edited 1 time in total.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 10:08 AM

zero1199 wrote:I can do St Charles for Saturday from 8am to 1:30pm, have to be back home by 2pm.

Looking at my wife's calendar, I might be able to do 9:45 - 12:15 on Saturday morning. I'd drop my son off in Naperville at 9, and have to be back there by 1 pm to pick him up. It probably doesn't matter to me if it's Sugar Grove or St. Charles as I'd guess both will take about the same amount of time from where I would drop off David (close to downtown). Downtown St. Charles might take a bit more time, but that's OK.

I might be able to get away with a couple hours (local) on Sunday morning as well . . . . although that might get me in a bit of trouble . . . .

swannie

Postby swannie » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 12:59 PM

It sounds like Sugar Grove might be the best bet, let's shoot for that?

Here's the location for those not familiar:

near 4S923 Harter Rd, Sugar Grove, IL 60554
http://goo.gl/maps/9gb0x

Can anyone edit the IKE map? If not, can someone add that location to the "directory"?

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 01:14 PM

swannie wrote:Can anyone edit the IKE map? If not, can someone add that location to the "directory"?

Done. It's listed under Sugar Grove Middle School (Kaneland Harter Middle School)

swannie

Postby swannie » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 01:37 PM

Mike wrote:
swannie wrote:Can anyone edit the IKE map? If not, can someone add that location to the "directory"?

Done. It's listed under Sugar Grove Middle School (Kaneland Harter Middle School)

Damn, that was easy (and quick). :)

I don't know if it matters, but the field in question is actually the one a few hundred feet east of the running track (and across the access road). The map link I shared might have incorrectly gone to that location that's pinned on the map now.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 05:29 PM

Great. I can be there just about any time. I can be there early to fly beforehand. I need someone to look at the bridle on my rev.

swannie

Postby swannie » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 05:44 PM

TMadz wrote:Great. I can be there just about any time. I can be there early to fly beforehand. I need someone to look at the bridle on my rev.

I'm no expert, but I can take a look. I have a spare bridle too if you need it... I'm planning on 9:00-ish.

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 08:06 PM

swannie wrote:I don't know if it matters, but the field in question is actually the one a few hundred feet east of the running track (and across the access road). The map link I shared might have incorrectly gone to that location that's pinned on the map now.

Is the link correct now?

swannie

Postby swannie » Fri, Oct 18 2013, 08:13 PM

Mike wrote:
swannie wrote:I don't know if it matters, but the field in question is actually the one a few hundred feet east of the running track (and across the access road). The map link I shared might have incorrectly gone to that location that's pinned on the map now.

Is the link correct now?

6 more pixels to the left and it's perfect! :)

(Kidding - that's the one, thanks!)

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Sat, Oct 19 2013, 08:20 AM

wont get there early, but 9:45ish is good.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Oct 19 2013, 03:18 PM

Nice day flying with Tmadz & Swannie. Unfortunately Tmadz had to leave early, but Swannie and I kept flying until we got hungry (and even some after that). They have a really nice open field out there in Sugar Grove. Plenty of wind, too, even if it was a bit on the chilly side today. Almost too much wind for a full vent at times, and I took down my double DC early. Maybe swannie will post the picture of me flying a full vent . . . .

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Sat, Oct 19 2013, 05:40 PM

Sorry I had to bail early, but that spot has lots of wind and enough space for a "festival". :SLKani:

swannie

Postby swannie » Sat, Oct 19 2013, 08:34 PM

It was a pleasure flying with you guys!

Here's a picture of Steve channeling Xay:
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.3 KiB) Viewed 1883 times

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”