Page 1 of 1

Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Mon, Jul 01 2013, 09:50 PM
by goestoeleven
So there's a chance that I will be at Indiana Dunes either the 5th or the 7th, and there's also a chance I will bring some kites. We're thinking about spending a couple nights away from home for the long weekend, and we might stop by the beaches for a bit. I know this is very non-committed . . . . but we really haven't settled on what we want to do yet and we're keeping an eye on the weather. However, I wanted to give some folks the heads up in case you might want to get together for some (unplanned) flying. I'll try to give at least 24-48 hours notice . . . .

P.S. I might also try to fly at Grand Haven or Saugatuck on the 5th or the 6th . . . but I'm pretty sure I won't be allowed to fly all day, for three or four days. If we go to Saugatuck, I'll have some free time as my wife will be visiting the arts & crap craft stores . . . .

Re: Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Tue, Jul 02 2013, 12:53 PM
by Darkspark
I would be interested. I have to work on the 5th, but could make it up for some afternoon flying.

Re: Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Tue, Jul 02 2013, 04:25 PM
by KiteVoice
After back-to-back weekend trips to northeastern Wisconsin for kite festivals, the lovely wife and I are looking forward to a weekend at home, so I'm out.

Re: Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Wed, Jul 03 2013, 02:27 PM
by backdraft
Sorry we can't make it though this would be fun, we have other plans.
Big Mike

Re: Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Thu, Jul 04 2013, 02:18 PM
by goestoeleven
Happy 4th of July everybody!

I don't believe we'll be at the Indiana Dunes tomorrow. We are probably going to head a bit further north on Friday, so that makes the 7th the date we'll possibly be at the Dunes. I'll try to remember to post here on the 6th if I'm headed to the Dunes on the 7th.

Re: Possible Indiana Dunes flying - 7/5 or 7/7

Posted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 08:46 AM
by goestoeleven
I looked at the forecast last night, said wind from the south, so I am a bit concerned, since the dunes are south if the beach and might block the breeze. Plus the kids might have some "beach fatigue"

We might stay up north. If we decide on the dunes I will post again.