Page 1 of 1

Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Thu, Dec 01 2011, 08:54 PM
by goestoeleven
Well . . . it's cold . . . and maybe rainy this weekend. But it might be OK Sunday afternoon. Anyone want to go fly some kites? Once again . . . I haven't checked with the wife, but maybe I can get out for a few hours. Probably not too far from home, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Fri, Dec 02 2011, 08:57 AM
by catspaw00
Sounds good to me. Where are you thinking? I was considering heading to the Vernon Hills soccer fields, but I could just as easily hit someplace else out that way.

-Wendy

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Fri, Dec 02 2011, 09:59 AM
by goestoeleven
Well, maybe we could pick a spot halfway - i.e. Busse Woods? I was also thinking of going to illescasd's home field if he shows up in the thread. I think that is Red Hawk Park in (maybe) Carol Stream.

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Fri, Dec 02 2011, 11:50 AM
by catspaw00
Both would work for me. Let me know when you get the nod from the Boss.

:)

-Wendy

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Fri, Dec 02 2011, 10:42 PM
by goestoeleven
Boss is not home . . . so I can't get a ruling. I think I will ask after working on the honey-do list tomorrow.

I will keep an eye on the weather. As of this afternoon, it looks like Sunday afternoon is the best weather-wise. Tomorrow (Saturday) looks like a pretty good chance for rain.

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Sat, Dec 03 2011, 09:20 AM
by illescasd
The weather looks to be wet & crummy all day. I don't mind cold weather at all, but the wet puts a 'damper' on things. :oops: (did I say that?).

Tomorrow would be better, so I'm goinng attempt to re-arrange my Sunday. I'll post later tonight if I can. Busse would be fine, plus it's centrally located. Let's see what the wind gods have in store.

David

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Sat, Dec 03 2011, 11:03 AM
by goestoeleven
Agreed - weather is no good today. It looks like we will have rain overnight, and some more in the morning on Sunday. Sunday afternoon looks better, according to the hourly forecast. Cold & windy (15mph, gusts 20mph+), but much lower chance of rain. I'd be up for a couple hours flying if it's not raining.

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Sun, Dec 04 2011, 08:11 AM
by goestoeleven
catspaw00 wrote:Both would work for me. Let me know when you get the nod from the Boss.

:)

-Wendy


Nod from the boss is "ok for a few hours, not all day." So, I can be out at Busse or Red Hawk by 1:30 or 2 pm. Post if you can make it. Illescasd - if you would like us to check out your "home" field at Red Hawk, let us know. Otherwise, I'll plan on Busse at about 2 pm (or maybe a bit earlier) for a couple hours. Dress in layers! :kid: :kid: :kid: :kid: (that looks like the closest we have to a cold smiley with a hat).

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Sun, Dec 04 2011, 08:55 AM
by illescasd
No go for me guys. Sorry,,, I'm good for the "next time".
Thanks,

Re: Maybe fly this weekend? 12/3 or 12/4

Posted: Sun, Dec 04 2011, 02:16 PM
by goestoeleven
Well, I headed out to Busse Woods this afternoon for a couple hours flight time. The winds were middling - light, a little variable, and then they'd gust up a bit. I was flying a 1.5 vented for most of the time, even though the winds were a bit light for the full vent. I thought about heading back for a standard, but I just kept flying since it was already in the air. I also put up a speed series kite to see what it was like in the lighter wind. It was fun to get out and fly since I haven't had the handles in hand since last weekend. Maybe next time some of y'all can make it out to fly. These short days make it tougher to get in flight time. Looking at next weekend, the wife has said we'll be pretty busy . . . and I think the weather forecast looks quite a bit colder.