Let's Fly KANKAKEE !!!

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
PAWNJOB

Let's Fly KANKAKEE !!!

Postby PAWNJOB » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 03:29 PM

Hi, my name's Ryan. I live in Bradley in Kankakee County, IL. I just got my first "real" kite yesterday and I'm hoping to get together w/ some experienced pilots, or any beginners for that matter. I noticed 3 Club Fly locations right here in the Bradley and Kankakee area so I'm hoping to hear from some of you who'd like to set something up and fly together.

Talk to you soon,
-Ryan

RevJB

Re: Let's Fly KANKAKEE !!!

Postby RevJB » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 04:59 PM

Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. There are several flyers in the Kankakee area and we have had a number of club flys there as well.

It would help everyone if you tell us what kite you bought, including spar information, and what prior experience you might have.

If you can make to Milwaukee on July 3rd, there is a great festival/fireworks and plenty of experts to help you with any questions.

Good flying!
John
:LogoRevAni:

PAWNJOB

Postby PAWNJOB » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 05:48 PM

Thanks Rev. I got a prism Hypnotist, don't know much about the spars. I know it's not the best kite or a quad but it's my first "real" kite. My only experience was w/ a small low end stunt kite about ten years ago. Probably won't be able to make it to Milwaukee but I'll try!

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 06:26 PM

If tomorrow afternoon will work for you Ryan, I will make it official and call it a quick fly :clubfly: tomorrow afternoon at limestone/Hawkins park. I can make it by 4:30 or so, and stay for a couple hours. I left you my contact info in the message I sent ya. The weather is suposto be nice with good wind. Unusual this close to July. Looking forward to meeting you in person. Tom, Big Mike, Anyone else interested? Anyhoo, this short of notice it might be just us two or three, but it sure beats flying solo.

PAWNJOB

Postby PAWNJOB » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 06:35 PM

Sounds good Spark. I can only fly till about 6:00 because I'm working night but I'd love to get out there and fly w/ ya. Haven't even been able to fly my kite yet. I'll be there around 4:30 then, hopefully earlier.

-Ryan

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 08:29 PM

We will be there around 3:30, it will be all 4 of us.

See you out there,
Big Mike

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 09:45 PM

I'll have to pass on this quick fly. We're headed towards this "festival" ... check out the poster. It's mainly big kite guys. My little Sled 24 will provide some comic relief for the group. It started out in February as a few couples going to the resort, but ended up growing into about 24 attendees. Still just a casual get together, but Barry just had to come up with a poster!

Yep, I'll have an assortment of Revs along.

Cheers,
Tom

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Fri, Jun 25 2010, 09:44 AM

Tom-Normally I would chide you for missing, but in this case.....I got nothing. Have a good time. Safe travels. Take some photos. Otherwise none of us would know what were missing.--Mikey

PAWNJOB

Postby PAWNJOB » Fri, Jun 25 2010, 01:47 PM

Hey guys, glad to hear a few of you are coming. Didn't think I'd be able to put anything together nearly this fast!

I should have asked before, but my little girl just got her kite in the mail today (she's 8). Would you guys mind at all if she comes with me? I don't mean to put you in an uncomfortable position at all, if you'd rather do an adult session this time it's all good. Just let me know.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Fri, Jun 25 2010, 02:32 PM

Kids are always welcome, Its always a family friendly environment. There is a playground and a pavilion with shade if she gets bored also. see ya in a couple hours or less.--Mikey

PAWNJOB

Great First Day With The Club

Postby PAWNJOB » Fri, Jun 25 2010, 08:59 PM

Thanks everyone, that was a lot of fun (despite me and Lili not being able to fly our new kites :? ). I'm really glad you put that session together Mikey, it was great meeting all of you. And thanks to Big Mike and Nick for the crash course and letting me put in a little time on the Rev, good fun. We'll definitely have to do it again soon, hopefully w/ a little more wind next time.

Thanks for your help everyone,
-Ryan
Last edited by PAWNJOB on Sat, Jun 26 2010, 12:40 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Jun 27 2010, 03:23 PM

We had company... and i couldn't make it. Next time hopefully...
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”