Wayne Day . . . kites? Oct 1

goestoeleven

Wayne Day . . . kites? Oct 1

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Sep 18 2011, 11:28 PM

So, I happened to be out near Wayne and saw this sign. I doubt this is a big festival, but there's a fairly good chance I have to be near there, on that day, at about that time . . . so maybe I'll just have to pack the kites along for the ride. I've flown in the field to the right of that sign. It's pretty good if the wind is out of the south.

IMAG0167.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike

Re: Wayne Day . . . kites? Oct 1

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 19 2011, 09:27 AM

If you do a search on "Wayne" in the forum you'll probably find that a couple members have attended this in the past.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Sep 19 2011, 12:23 PM

search? what is this search you speak of? ;) i will take a look when i am not using my phone to read the threads.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Sep 19 2011, 11:13 PM

Looks like they haven't had any IKE members for a couple years (or three). If the weather is good, I'll probably show up with David & maybe we'll fly the Revs some. Maybe also bring the giant Delta for fun. I'll post again when we get closer to the date.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 20 2011, 06:40 PM

Putting up the delta is a good idea, people will be impressed. Add the quads, and they will be wowed.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sat, Oct 01 2011, 10:45 AM

Mike wrote:Putting up the delta is a good idea, people will be impressed. Add the quads, and they will be wowed.

Will fly in Wayne today. I have a couple of 8-10ft deltas. Whats the best way to stack deltas? Hole through the sail?
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Oct 01 2011, 12:16 PM

I will be there, but it will probably be about 4:30 pm or so. I have a bunch of other stuff to get done first. Don't know that I'll get the big Delta up, although I might. I don't think there's anything to tie off too in the middle of the field, and I don't have any big ground anchors /stakes (yet). If the wind is good (and it looks good right now), I'm going to be flying Revs.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Oct 01 2011, 10:53 PM

Mark made it up there, and he had a couple nice deltas in the sky along with a couple quads. But . . . as soon as we got there & got set up, the wind died. We flailed around a bit with a SUL, but pretty much packed up after an hour or so of not flying. Mark's ultralights would stay in the sky for a bit when there was a puff, but even the big deltas were not staying up in the air. Hope some other folks got out flying earlier in the day - it looked like a beautiful day for flying.

Return to “2011 Kite Festivals”