New Festival - Washington, MO

AhMayzon

New Festival - Washington, MO

Postby AhMayzon » Tue, Aug 30 2011, 12:02 AM

Wanted to let everyone in on a new festival, that will hopefully be the first annual. If anyone's going to be around the St. Louis area, There will be a new festival this year in Washington, MO, at the Fairgrounds, on Saturday, Oct 22. Sport kite demos, single line kites, candy drop, kids kitemaking, maybe a Rok battle! The event will be a benefit to help with construction of a new, All-Abilities park in town. More details will be forthcoming soon.
Let me know if you'd like more info!

goestoeleven

Re: New Festival - Washington, MO

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Aug 30 2011, 01:17 AM

Thanks for posting it up! That's more than 6 hours drive for me, so I doubt I can make it. Let us know more details as they become available.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Aug 30 2011, 05:02 PM

Donna,
who's gonna be flying there? Do you expect much of a crowd? It's not as far for me, so I'm curious...

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Wed, Aug 31 2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks for posting about the festival. If October wasn't spent in Arizona, we'd be there for sure.

Cheers,
Tom

AhMayzon

Postby AhMayzon » Sun, Sep 04 2011, 12:21 AM

Here's a few additional details so far. The event is sponsored by the Washington Jaycees. This year is more of a trial event, and will be 1 day. If it goes well, it may become an annual, larger event. When we've had club flies on this field before, there has been a lot of interest from the city. The Jaycees will also be having a food & drink stand.
I'm currently calling around to see who we may have that can make it, and we will be having a club meeting soon; right low looks like a mix of single line, kite builders, sport kite. Have a couple more quad flyers coming too. :)

Here's the location: Washington Fairgrounds
The field is the one directly north of Lions Lake, bordered by Grand and Park.

Donna

AhMayzon

Postby AhMayzon » Sun, Oct 16 2011, 09:45 PM

A few more details for this weekend.
the event is officially 1:00 - 5:00. We are planning on a roped-off field on which to alternate sport kite demos, learn to fly, candy drop, & Rok battle. Also kitebuilding for kids. It's at the Washington Fairgrounds, main-stage field, corner of Le Menagerie Lane & Grand Avenue in Washington, MO.
Currently looks like we might have a good number of people there including folks from St. Louis, maybe some Kansas City, maybe some Joplin, etc.

If you're on Facebook, look for the event "Fall Flyers Kite Show". This is the one!

Donna

kiteguyellis

Postby kiteguyellis » Wed, Nov 09 2011, 10:32 PM

I was not able to attend. Does anyone have any info on how things went at this festival?

Return to “2011 Kite Festivals”