COOL FOOL Kite Festival ~ New Years Day ~ Milwaukee WI

Jynx

COOL FOOL Kite Festival ~ New Years Day ~ Milwaukee WI

Postby Jynx » Mon, Dec 13 2010, 12:42 AM

The COOL FOOL KITE FESTIVAL..New Years Day, 2011….. 11 am until 5 pm. in Veterans Park on Milwaukee's Lakefront. This is a FREE event, with plenty of FREE parking. We will have Free Hot Chocolate, Coffee, and Snacks, compliments of Caribou Coffee, while they last. This is a "Fun Fly" so bring your kite or pick up a kite at Gift of Wings at the park. See Sarah and Noreen Lephardt, our quiet ice artists, carve blocks of ice into masterpieces before your very eyes. Ice carving lessons will also be available. Brett Williams, the Kite Whispererer, will be on hand to show everyone how to fly a kite. The Giant kites of Yves Laforest will also be flying high over Milwaukee’s Lakefront. Yves Laforest, in conjunction with Gift of Wings, now have the largest collection of giant kites in the Midwest. Horse drawn carriage rides will also be available for a small fee from Milwaukee Coach and Carriage. Hot food is also available for purchase. For more info contact Jeff Kataoka at 414/277-9121, or Scott Fisher at 414/305-3145. This festival is brought to you by Gift of Wings, B93.3 Radio, 102/1 WLUM AND WMCS Radio, Caribou Coffee, and the Kite Society of Wisconsin and Illinois. DRESS REALLY WARM! The Kite Society of Wisconsin and Illinois. It doesn’t get any better than this!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

catspaw00

Re: COOL FOOL Kite Festival ~ New Years Day ~ Milwaukee WI

Postby catspaw00 » Mon, Dec 13 2010, 05:54 PM

Woohoo! Hopefully I will be flu-free this New Year's Day... if I am, I will be there!

-Wendy

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Dec 13 2010, 08:14 PM

I'm thinking the one in San Diego may be more my sort of temperature. :-D
Have fun!

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Mon, Dec 13 2010, 08:26 PM

Mike wrote:I'm thinking the one in San Diego may be more my sort of temperature. :-D
Have fun!

That's where we'll be.

Sorry Jynx, a little too far as we will be spending New Years Eve with Airstream friends in Temecula, CA. Sounds like fun though.
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Dec 13 2010, 09:23 PM

I would love to be there . . . . but we will not be available on the 1st until too late in the day to make it to Milwaukee. Maybe if my wife decides her family is making her crazy & we should leave (really) early . . . .

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Dec 14 2010, 03:20 AM

catspaw00 wrote:Woohoo! Hopefully I will be flu-free this New Year's Day... if I am, I will be there!

-Wendy

Sounds Great!

We'll have some Cool FOOL fun! ...Stay healthy!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Dec 14 2010, 03:22 AM

Jim Foster wrote:
Mike wrote:I'm thinking the one in San Diego may be more my sort of temperature. :-D
Have fun!

That's where we'll be.

Sorry Jynx, a little too far as we will be spending New Years Eve with Airstream friends in Temecula, CA. Sounds like fun though.

I'd happily trade you guys! E N V I O U S!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Dec 27 2010, 12:47 PM

See you Saturday, Jynx.

Leave some extra room in your car to take my kite bag!
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Mon, Dec 27 2010, 01:11 PM

Jeff wrote:See you Saturday, Jynx.

Leave some extra room in your car to take my kite bag!

NO PROBLEM... Gotcha covered! :up:

See ya Saturday! :clubfly:

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Sat, Jan 01 2011, 08:00 PM

:thanks: Thanks to Jeff and Wendy for making the trip "up north" to the Cool Fool Fest! :revspin:

With winds gusting over 40 mph, and temperatures below 20 degrees, you are two Brave Souls! :mrblue: Crazy and FOOL-ish... but Brave!

catspaw00

Postby catspaw00 » Sun, Jan 02 2011, 04:58 PM

It was GREAT, Jynx, and even though it took me the rest of the day to warm back up (*grin*), I'm planning on be back with ya next New Year's Day. :)

Fantastic start to the year...

-Wendy

Return to “2011 Kite Festivals”