Mots Kite Festival ~ Veterans Park, Milwaukee Lakefront (WI)

Jynx

Mots Kite Festival ~ Veterans Park, Milwaukee Lakefront (WI)

Postby Jynx » Wed, Sep 08 2010, 12:51 AM

Hoping some of you can make it to the Mots Kite Festival this weekend... Free Parking!

Breakfast will be served to all KSWI & IKE members and a free dinner for all members will be held at 5:30pm on Saturday night in the park, along with one of the best kite raffle/auctions in the country.

iQuad Promo for Mots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYu4p928JwU
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

lwinfrey

Re: Mots Kite Festival ~ Veterans Park, Milwaukee Lakefront

Postby lwinfrey » Sun, Sep 12 2010, 10:49 PM

Hi all! I have been busy for a while and finally made it to Mots today. I have to tell you ALL performers were AWESOME!! Had a blast watching.

Thanks for being dedicated to the fun to play and watch sport.

Loren

lwinfrey

Postby lwinfrey » Mon, Sep 13 2010, 12:18 AM

hello again, here are a few pictures I took today at Mots!
http://picasaweb.google.com/lorenwinfre ... directlink

cadguy

Postby cadguy » Mon, Sep 13 2010, 08:54 AM

Jynx - I think that I left my black camera bag on the picnic table that was at the learn to fly tent - did you or someone in the group see such a black bag there at the end of the day sunday?

MOTS was a fun time - got to meet Lolly from Revolution and help her give lessons on Sun.
Also met some more of the IKE forum members: Bill Lam and Lenny with his new Quantum kite.

Dayton David

p.s.: my camera bag is safe with Scott Fisher thanks to Jynx!
Last edited by cadguy on Mon, Sep 13 2010, 10:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Layback Lenny

Postby Layback Lenny » Mon, Sep 13 2010, 07:20 PM

Man, that was a good time. My girlfriend, Brenda, happened to notice a guy wearing an IKE shirt Sat. while watching I-QUAD perform. Turned out it was you, David. Sure was glad she noticed you. It was very nice meeting you. I also appreciate the lesson you gave me with my new kite. Later we moved away from those trees closer to the lake north of the single stringers field. We caught some pretty good winds, met a nice couple and had a ball.

I also bought a Snapshot 2.5 but haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Think I'll wait till my friend, Joel, can meet me at the beach and give me some lessons before I try it for the first time. :up:

Oh, yea. Almost forgot to mention that when I went outside Comfort Inn to have a smoke Sun. morning three of the I-QUAD guys were there. Had a nice chat with them. Very nice guys. It was a joy.

Return to “2010 Kite Festivals”