WSIKF Washington State International Kite Festival

Jynx

Re: WSIKF Washington State International Kite Festival

Postby Jynx » Tue, Sep 07 2010, 10:31 PM

This is one of the 8 Column X 8 Row = 64 Revs WSIKF World record photos

Proud to have been a part of the whole process... I was in the second column from the left, fourth kite from the top (flying my Night kite) and Proudly wearing my :LogoRevAni: T-shirt!

Second group from left, fourth from back. TK Barresi is (incredibly) sitting-down while flying... She's #1 in the row (from the back), I am #4 and in front of the kiter wearing blue... Yes... Really... I swear... It's me... Trust me... I wouldn't lie to you... :angle:

I know, I know... Many of you are scratching your heads and thinking.... Jynx????... OK, I admit, I was dang lucky that day!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Sep 07 2010, 10:41 PM

Here's a (lucky) KAP photo of the record mega-fly by Melanie Koenig...

GREAT shot and wonderful memento!
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Sep 08 2010, 11:22 AM

Two great photos. That's a really cool thing to have been a part of.
Pat yourself on the back Jynx.
I know I was nervous when doing the grid for the first time. And we were almost all experienced team fliers.

RevJB

Postby RevJB » Wed, Sep 08 2010, 11:34 PM

Thanks to Jim Foster for the detailed explanation of the grid setup and start-up. Made it easy to visualize.

Thanks to Jynx for all the pictures and for wearing your IKE shirt in the photo. :up:

Congrats to both of you for SETTING A WORLD RECORD. Very cool!

Jynx,

No more "I can't fly, I'm blonde." I think you have two world records. Mega fly with 63 others and Mega fly with 250 others (feet of line). Now if you can get everyone on 250s, you can do the 100 Mega fly. :-D
John
:LogoRevAni:

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Thu, Sep 09 2010, 01:01 AM

RevJB wrote:Thanks to Jim Foster for the detailed explanation of the grid setup and start-up. Made it easy to visualize.

:-D

Here is a link to a "pilot's view" video of the 64 fly taken by Bart Busse with his ipod mounted on his cap. It doesn't show the entire grid as Bart was, as he should, watching his own kite. Still, it's fun to see some of the action and hear John giving some of his instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnl8PdFrq0
Last edited by Jim Foster on Thu, Sep 09 2010, 01:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Return to “2010 Kite Festivals”