Southwind Park Kite Flying Day

Dan2738

Southwind Park Kite Flying Day

Postby Dan2738 » Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:53 AM

Southwind Park, a new park in Springfield Illinois is having its parkwide Grand Opening this Fall.

We don't have a definite day, probably in October. As one of our grand opening events, we are interested
in having kite flyers, professionals like you, to come to our park. On the great lawn, we have an 8 acre circle
of flat grass- perfect for flying kites on! there is always a good wind at our park and we would love to see an
array of kites in the sky.

For more information on our park, visit southwindpark.org
While on the site, make sure to take a look at the "Park Map" to see the Great Lawn.

Along with kite flying, we are looking into getting a hot air balloon and plenty of other activities for the community.

We are also interested in having children either bring or make their own kites. We would love to see some of your
dramatic, large, colorful kites out to impress the community. I am interested in having this event be on your
list of Kite Festivals on this site and notifying all of the members of Illinois Kite Enthusiasts about our Grand Opening.

While on this site, I was looking for contact information for your manager(club leader). If you could
send me a message with his information or email me at DFarmer4@slu.edu
That would be great! Thanks
Dan Farmer

akillip

Re: Southwind Park Kite Flying Day

Postby akillip » Wed, Jul 21 2010, 06:57 PM

So do they know the date yet, I've been flying my big single line kites at Centennial park for years and have been awaiting the opening of Southwind. But My free fall dates are few.

Tony Killip

www.ourkitesfly.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Jul 25 2010, 08:20 PM

akillip wrote:So do they know the date yet, I've been flying my big single line kites at Centennial park for years and have been awaiting the opening of Southwind. But My free fall dates are few.

Tony Killip

www.ourkitesfly.com

I emailed the day he posted on the forum and I never got a response. You're welcome to try emailing him too.

akillip

Postby akillip » Tue, Jul 27 2010, 07:00 PM

Tried the email route as well, no joy.

Tony

Return to “2010 Kite Festivals”