2009 Festivals

The 2009 Kite Festival Season Archives
Mike

2009 Festivals

Postby Mike » Mon, Dec 29 2008, 12:33 PM

The festival requests and confirmations are starting to come in for next year.
IKE and 180GO! will have a significant presence at these festivals.

See the listings in this forum.

Dave Zavell sent me this info with additional festival dates, I'll post separate posts for each with more info when I have it:
April 4th Glenview at the glenns
May 2nd montrose mayor daleys
may 16th Roselle 1st year big park
June 6-7 Naperville
Sept 13th Dekalb

You can look through the previous years forum posts for more info for now.

Off the top of my head from previous years:
Glenview gets some IKE members; 180GO! and some IKE members go to a large festival in Ohio on the same date.
Montrose has been a fall festival in the past, this is new.
Roselle is new.
IKE and 180GO! usually have a good presence at Naperville,IL.
DeKalb confilcts with Mots so we have a split presence there too. Some folks go to Mots, some to DeKalb.

Jeff

Re: 2009 Festivals

Postby Jeff » Mon, Dec 29 2008, 02:59 PM

I've put all the fests I know of on the IKE Calendar. I'll get the Festivals page updated soon too.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jan 29 2009, 07:46 AM

For the festival page, click on the "Festivals" link at the top of this page, or click here:
http://www.ikeclub.org/wiki/Current_Festivals

On the left side of the wiki is a link to the IKE calendar page, or click here:
http://www.ikeclub.org/wiki/IKE_Calendar

If you use google calendar you can subscribe to this calendar and always have ready access to the goings on.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:58 AM

Mike wrote: ... If you use google calendar you can subscribe to this calendar and always have ready access to the goings on.

Here's a positive plug for Google calendar! I've missed several appointments recently due to ... well, dumbness. So, after asking around, Mike put me on to Google calendar. Since I use Google as a homepage, my calendar is now right there in front of me when ever the Internet is selected.

Put my wife on one calendar address, myself on another calendar address and then let them talk to each other. My appointments show up in one color and her appointments show up in another. Also linked up with the US holidays calendar and the IKE calendar ... now I don't have to search for the festivals calendar on IKE's site. Mike promises that my calendar will automatically pick up all updates to IKE's calendar as they're posted. Oh, and if the meeting is really important, you can program Google to send you an e-mail to alert you ... probably could program it to send you an e-mail every day between today and the appointment.

Cheers,
Tom

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu, Jan 29 2009, 09:08 PM

Jeepster wrote:
Mike wrote: ... If you use google calendar you can subscribe to this calendar and always have ready access to the goings on.

Here's a positive plug for Google calendar! I've missed several appointments recently due to ... well, dumbness. So, after asking around, Mike put me on to Google calendar. Since I use Google as a homepage, my calendar is now right there in front of me when ever the Internet is selected.

Put my wife on one calendar address, myself on another calendar address and then let them talk to each other. My appointments show up in one color and her appointments show up in another. Also linked up with the US holidays calendar and the IKE calendar ... now I don't have to search for the festivals calendar on IKE's site. Mike promises that my calendar will automatically pick up all updates to IKE's calendar as they're posted. Oh, and if the meeting is really important, you can program Google to send you an e-mail to alert you ... probably could program it to send you an e-mail every day between today and the appointment.

Cheers,
Tom

It is great. I love it. The calendar can not only email you, but send a text message to your phone. I keep separate calendars for my personal stuff, I've got the holiday calendar, one's with sports teams schedules, and even one that I enter birthdays on. And of course, the IKE calendar. I love how you can turn them on and off individually with just a click. Most useful online calendar I've ever used, by a mile.

We use the IKE calendar on the IKE front page, too. That's just an embedded version of the agenda view.

Between Calendar, GMail, Google Talk, Google Docs, Google Maps and Earth and Reader and Analytics, I'm totally Googlefied. I really want to get a Google based phone sometime in the future to seamlessly use all those services and my data on a mobile device. :up:
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Return to “2009 Kite Festivals”