Pkrekel

Re: Grinnell Kite Festival May 8-10

Postby Pkrekel » Mon, May 11 2009, 09:45 AM

A great look guys!!

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, May 11 2009, 12:51 PM

lol... I forgot my swimtrunks!

sok though, they were a little tight on my these days...

great time this weekend...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, May 11 2009, 03:49 PM

BTW ... you guys were wrong about Kate Bosworth's lineage...

"Bosworth was born January 2, 1983 in Los Angeles, California, the only child of Patricia (née Potter), a homemaker, and Hal Bosworth, a former executive for Talbots."

Regardless, that viewing of 'Blue Crush' will go down in history as the absolute funniest running commentary I've ever laughed at...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

BANSHEE

Postby BANSHEE » Mon, May 11 2009, 04:20 PM

Hey guys, Kath and I had a great time once again in Grinnell. As always it was great to see all of you, even Ken. I still owe one to Chris for that shot at the pool. Too old! Hey Chris, ever heard of an Irish vendetta? I'm hoping to see you guys sometime throughout this summer.

Peace
Banshee
Ceaser viveret ad remum dareris

Think MAKR 2010

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, May 11 2009, 10:58 PM

Well another one is in the books for Kites over Grinnell!!

It was a GREAT time hanging out at the field and in the pool at the hotel with everyone!!

It was nice to see friends that havent been out since last season and looking forward to running into them again at a fest soon!!

Dick and Sis once again did a wonderful job of pulling the fest together even though the crowds were some what lighter then last year, but there were people out there both days none the less. The winds were rather on the high side on saturday and did a 180 on us for sunday with slight gusts at times.

I am PROUD to say that the captain shoes were filled rather well, or so I was told. Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement as there were moments of fluster, thanks none the less from Ol' Ma Nature and nerves. Everyone on the team did fine with the stuff that I was calling, even though I was throwing them for a loop once in awhile with winging it on the fly. I even filled those shoes a little further with calling a mega fly with the guys from Texas. So there were 8 fliers up in the skies at one time. Ya I know that is not a LOT of fliers - but the most that I have handled to date. I will gladly turn the reins back over to Mike K. now, till next time. 8)

Mike S. did a great demo with his breast cancer kite to the song Rainbow/Wonderful World.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Rose, there were some really great shots taken.

Till next year when we can all do it over again!! :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, May 12 2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the photos.
180GO! looked good! Nice lines and formations. Great job guys.
I like the tradition of lofting clothing on a banner pole too. First Tom, now Chris, next ...

Return to “2009 Kite Festivals”