2008: Mots Kite Festival, Milwaukee - September 13-14,

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
TeamTrejo

Re: 2008: Mots Kite Festival, Milwaukee - September 13-14,

Postby TeamTrejo » Sat, Sep 13 2008, 09:09 PM

Some silly pics from today I took with my phone.

[albumimg]1327[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1330[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1331[/albumimg]

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 07:52 AM

Saturday was a good day. We had some rain in the morning but it cleared up and we had plenty of good kite flying weather.
Scott, as usual, treated anyone in a red shirt well. The Illinois Kite Enthusiasts were listed on the thank you banner along with the performers. Scott also bought lunch for anyone in a red shirt and along with the local club fed us dinner on Saturday night.

Sunday rained most of the day. Some of us flew off and on in the rain anyway. Scott also let us play on his Segway. Boy, is that thing a ton of fun! I would have gone up there just to play on the Segway!

When I was flying with iQuad I could see 180GO! playing off to the side of the performance field. I got jealous and went and played with 180GO! for a while too. ;)

We a nice mega-fly on Saturday with the local rev fliers, 180GO! and iQuad.
A good selection of mega-kites were in the air on Saturday too, including 3 octopuses.

On Sunday, Dan Jones got out his huge 4-8 Revolution and dragged himself through the mud. That was pretty entertaining to watch.

Even with the rain, it was fun hanging out with all the great people out there. (and riding the Segway--especially after I learned how to turn off the pre-set "slow turtle" mode!)

We gotta try to get even more IKE members out to this festival next year, it's a great time.

BANSHEE

Postby BANSHEE » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 09:08 AM

Yeah Mike, I too was disappointed not to see you guys at the field on Friday. Even, in the state of Wisconsin I wore my IKE shirt. Actually I was incognito :lol:
I was even ready for you and Frodo to nuy some beer and a fish fry( very Milwaukee on Friday night). Maybe next time.
Did the rains hamper the crowd. I know it would hamper IQ or 180, you guys are nuts, rain or shine? NO no no.
Again to Drafty Sunday was beyond my control. I really was sorry to miss DeKalb. And to see the IKER's that were there.

-
Ceaser viveret ad remum dareris

Think MAKR 2010

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:55 AM

yup, the rain reduced the crowds to almost nil on Sunday.
A fair number of folks showed up Saturday afternoon, though nowhere near the size of the crowds in the years past.

Here's Dan Jones playing in the rain on Sunday:
[youtube]h_ndNmTug2g[/youtube]

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 11:48 AM

a couple photos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 12:05 PM

Shame about the weather, but iQuad (and others) did indeed fly. I've got some footage to post later that will make you very glad you are warm and dry...
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:58 PM

First I want to say Sorry for ducking out with out all the good-byes. I had got a call from a neighbor that the river behind my house was about to flood the area. So Krissy and I jetted home. When we got home things were not as bad as expected. What a sigh of relieve. But the neighborhoods just south and southeast of us got hit hard. Mother Nature has not been very nice to them, they were the same areas that got hit with all that wind about a month ago.

Any way the fest was pretty good, all thing considering with the weather. Saturday was fun even though I was a little off my game that day. Paul we really enjoyed you bring your farm animals by the lobby after the long day out at the field. What a HOOT that was.

As always hanging with everybody is the highlight of any fest!!

With the rain date for DeKalb it looks like we will have another chance Banshee. Kwel Beans Daddy O'!!
See you soon.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

BANSHEE

Postby BANSHEE » Tue, Sep 16 2008, 07:51 AM

I didn't even realize that it was re-scheduled. I thought the countdown calendar on the homepage just reset itself or something like that. Great to hear that, now to check tha calendar.
Ceaser viveret ad remum dareris

Think MAKR 2010

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”