Kites over Lake Story

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
Frodos Majik

Kites over Lake Story

Postby Frodos Majik » Sat, May 03 2008, 08:41 AM

Well it looks like its going to be quite breeze out here in Galesburg today. Winds in the high teens to low 20s. Slight overcast this morning, but should clear up some time today. Any body bored and want to come out a little ways west, then just DO IT!! :up: There a few other IKE members out here too.

Hope everybody out at the other fest have a good day of flying too. :mrgreen:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Draftnik

Re: Kites Over Lake Story

Postby Draftnik » Sun, May 04 2008, 07:58 AM

Today's going to be a much better flying day. Winds are perfect and the sun is feeling good already. Yesterday the weather made flying anything pretty rough. Hanging out with the kiters made the day enjoyable, and the cold wet weather made the hot tub very welcomed.

I can't figure out how anyone explodes the framework on a Rok. Was told it was something cool to see. Up until I got myself stuck under one that would have given old fashion Barbie a case of figure envy I thought it'd be cool see spars explode in a gust.. Now I'm thinking it's an experience I can live without. :wink: Mine didn't bust yesterday and I don't care to push it any further until they do!

Having a nice time, and looking foward getting some airtime today that's a little more tame.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Frodos Majik

Re: Kites over Lake Story

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, May 04 2008, 10:33 PM

Once again Ol'Ma Nature did a COMPLETE 180 on us fliers!! Going from 20mph w/gusts of up to 30 - to next to NOTHING today! :evil: Every time we thought that it was going to finally pick up and stay blowing that little ol lady would hold her breath. :roll:

Tony had a hard time with getting and keeping his octopus up in the air. The candy drops were just as much work for Mike and Dan, for Mike had to take their kite to oner end of the field and then Dan started running down the field to get it up high enough to do a drop of candy. ALL three times! Mother Nature sure doe not play fair. :(

I did hand out quite a few club cards and am sure to see at least one or two new members to be joining in the near future. :up:

Hats off to Mary for doing another FINE job this year. Thanks for ALL your hard work!
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”