2008: April 26-27, Decatur Kite Festival in Decatur, IL

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Apr 28 2008, 06:47 AM

Knoted4ever wrote:(This behavior, i feel, i received undeservedly... as i have never done or said anying negative regarding the Dark Side. Ok, maybe i said a thing or two in the past!)

ummm... what's the right word here... um...

POOP

:rotfl

There was an endless barrage of insults being hurled from the dual line field... us quad people never do anything without a reason...lol

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

backdraft

Re: 2008: April 26-27, Decatur Kite Festival In Decatur, IL

Postby backdraft » Mon, Apr 28 2008, 05:30 PM

We had a great time, wanted to give Paul another big thank you for all he did the burgers were some of the best I have ever had. Every time we go to a festival the kite flying is good but the friendships we are building are the truly the best thing about being part of IKE. Thanks everyone for such a great time and I look forward to see you all again soon (Grinnell).

Mike S.

p.s. I hope the hotel in Grinnell has a pool that was to much fun lol. :rotfl

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Apr 29 2008, 12:14 AM

Knoted4ever wrote: i was getting splashed a lot by quad fliers while in the pool, disrupting my tranquility there too!
Brother!

It was such a SPLASH oh I mean Blast doing the CANNONBALLS at Tom with Zack and Chris R. in the pool at the hotel on saturday night!!! :rotfl Talk badly about quads at G.Haven and see what will happen. This was just a warm up! :twisted: Right Zack?

Paul a HUGE :thanks: goes out to you from us at the club!! Not only for that great lunch on saturday but also for putting smiles on ALL the children with those great kites that you donated!!! You are a GREAT ASSET to the club!! :up:

Anne thanks for running in to town for the radio and candy. To bad the dropper has some changes to be made to it. Thanks to Tony, I now know what to do to make it work better.

backdraft wrote: Every time we go to a festival the kite flying is good but the friendships we are building are the truly the best thing about being part of IKE.

I could not have said it any better.

Looking forward to making it back again next year.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, May 04 2008, 09:41 PM

Frodos Majik wrote:
It was such a SPLASH oh I mean Blast doing the CANNONBALLS at Tom with Zack and Chris R. in the pool at the hotel on saturday night!!! :rotfl Talk badly about quads at G.Haven and see what will happen. This was just a warm up! :twisted: Right Zack?

In that case:

i'm positive that i won't say anything negative about quad kites at Grand Haven.

Or...

i'm negative and i won't say anything positive about quad kites at Grand Haven!

i guess i'll deserve a lot of CANNONBALLS from you carnivores! :roll: :mrblue:
Last edited by Knoted4ever on Sun, May 04 2008, 09:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Re: 2008: April 26-27, Decatur Kite Festival in Decatur, IL

Postby Mike » Wed, May 07 2008, 12:26 PM

I got an email from John Fay, the organizer.
He adds his thanks to Paul for all he did. Thanks Paul!

Mike

Re: 2008: April 26-27, Decatur Kite Festival in Decatur, IL

Postby Mike » Wed, May 07 2008, 12:59 PM

The 180GO group was very entertaining for our flyers. They did a lot of flying both days and people always like to watch and ask - "How do you do that?" I think they enjoyed the audience also. We look forward to having them with us next year.

Paul Krekel was very helpful since he is from the school and Decatur. We relied on him for several things during the festival and he came thru each time. Please be sure to recognize that for the IKE group.

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”