2008: April 19th, Earth Day and Kite Fly in Oswego, IL

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
Knoted4ever

Re: 2008: April 19th, Earth Day And Kite Fly In Oswego, IL

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Apr 19 2008, 09:45 PM

It was too bad about the weatherpeople screwing up once again! :clubfly: The weather was way better than i thought and i had a good time (despite the bad luck with my car). It was nice to see some other dualie guys out there too (like Ted and Jim)!

Special thanks to Ken for saving me from a dreary day at the car repair place... and to infl8able and her husband for the ride back to the car shop; you folks are great! :up:

It came to $435.49 for the car repair! :shock: And with the price of gas being what it is... i am beginning to feel what a black hole is like!

Thanks much, Jeff, for the video!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Re: 2008: April 19th, Earth Day and Kite Fly in Oswego, IL

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Apr 20 2008, 08:44 PM

It was fun flying a seven man team, interesting to say the least at times. Fun none the less.

Yes too bad there was no field markings or sound system. Thanks to Issac for helping us out in a pinch with bringing his radio. :up:

Tom not to worry was glad to help, just glad I wasnt that far from where you were when you called.

Rick and Kara your son is adorable. Jim it was great to see you and family too.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Babbman

Re: 2008: April 19th, Earth Day and Kite Fly in Oswego, IL

Postby Babbman » Sun, May 04 2008, 11:04 PM

I think I saw this in Oswego but I cannot remember.

Someone was flying a blue canard style single line kite.

I need to make one and am wondering what plan (if it was home built) was used to make it. Was this something done at MAKR this year?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”