Cool Fool Kite Festival-Milwaukee-New Year's Day 2008

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
Jeepster

Re: Cool Fool Kite Festival-Milwaukee-New Year's Day 2008

Postby Jeepster » Tue, Nov 11 2008, 03:48 PM

Jynx,

Welcome to the forum and to IKE. Sounds like you're already hooked on Revs.

As a fellow newbie, let me encourage you to make it to any of the club/group flys that you can. Flying with others is a fantastic way to learn what you don't know. I've been lucky enough to fly twice in a group and both times I came away with several things to practice. No matter how mach I think I've learned, the IKE guys always seem to find a weak spot in my knowledge base ... you know; that move where your brain and your hands fail to communicate properly and the kite does something stupid.

Cheers,
Tom

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Tue, Nov 25 2008, 11:19 PM

:thanks: Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! Hope to meet up with any of you/s who can make it out to the Huntington Party.

I'm more ready (than able) to learn! I look forward to receiving tips and learning from those willing to coach.

Hopefully, when (if) the weather improves... I'd really enjoy getting together for a fly!

Until then... Hope to see the "brave" on New Years Day!

Jynx :thanks:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Nov 26 2008, 08:00 AM

Jynx wrote::thanks: Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! Hope to meet up with any of you/s who can make it out to the Huntington Party.
Jynx :thanks:

We should start a roll call for kite party over here: http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/viewtopic ... 229#p12229

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”