Oregon, IL kite festival

The 2008 Kite Festival Season Archives
Drachenschwanz

Re: Oregon, IL Kite Festival

Postby Drachenschwanz » Wed, Apr 09 2008, 06:56 PM

We're likely to be there too, especialy if Drafty and crew are there! At least some of us should be.

I hope to have the big delta fixed by then. In a huge wind gust, it did a power dive at Chillicothe last weekend and snapped a 1/2 inch graphite spar and tore out the ends of both side pockets! My MAKR Rockford Diamond is finished and it flies great!. If JJ is there maybe he'll have time to assist with getting the lines figured out for the Wazo. It wanted to fly into the ground at Chilli so I think the line length need a little work.
My new motto:

Up the Wazo!

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, Apr 09 2008, 07:51 PM

Well, I'm interested...let me see if I can arrange my schedule. Susan has at least one client that evening, so we might have to arrange something for the kiddo, and I'd have to make sure I can leave work early.

And it's quite a gamble on the winds at that late hour.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed, Apr 09 2008, 08:08 PM

Jeff wrote:And it's quite a gamble on the winds at that late hour.

That is the BIGGEST reason to have low wind, and indoor kites and toys in your kite bag.

There is a really good chance I can do this one(I always have my indoor rev on hand :wink: )
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Debbie Leffelman

Postby Debbie Leffelman » Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:51 AM

I would love to see Kite Flyers at our first time event here in Oregon, IL. It looks like a few of you are interested in coming. I have not been able to secure a sponsor yet which means I have no funds at this time to help with mileage. Maybe those of you that are close to Oregon can come as mileage won't be an issue. I've ordered sled kites from Oklahoma for kids to make and fly (I hope they fly). I'm hoping for perfect wind and weather for baseball and the kite fly!
Thanks to all of you who are trying to work this into your schedule on a week night. I know that's tricky!
If you would like to contact me directly, give me a call at the Park District or via email.
Debbie
Recreation/Special Events Coordinator
Oregon Park District
815-732-3101
debbie@oregonpark.org

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, May 28 2008, 07:32 PM

So, this is tomorrow. Not much has been said lately. Is anybody definitely doing this?
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Return to “2008 Kite Festivals”