New Team Jackets

The hottest quad team in the Midwest!
Mike

New Team Jackets

Postby Mike » Sun, Mar 29 2009, 08:30 PM

While driving Rose to Iowa this morning, we stopped in LeRoy, IL and picked up 180GO!s new team jackets.
Rosey Middendorf did a great job on the embroidery. Here's a couple quick photos from in front of their house.

Closeup of the front of my jacket:

Jeff

Re: New Team Jackets

Postby Jeff » Sun, Mar 29 2009, 08:32 PM

Ooohhhh.... nice...
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Apr 09 2009, 03:49 PM

A few of you have heard this story already...

A couple days ago, I wore my new 180 GO! jacket into the bank. My back was to the tellers while I filled out my deposit slip. A couple tellers read the "180GO!" on my back and googled it. When I got to the counter they had the 180GO! web page on their computer and were looking at the photos and video.
They were all excited about what the kites could do and called other tellers over to watch videos and look at the photos. We talked about kites for at least 20 minutes.
Several years ago I used to fly in a field across from this bank (the field is no longer there--it's a Walgreens). One of the tellers said she used to watch me on her break. After hearing stories and looking at photos, another teller wanted my autograph and posted it at her station.
It was all good fun and sure put a smile on my face for the rest of the afternoon! I guess I got my moneys worth out of that jacket already :-D

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Apr 10 2009, 08:06 AM

Mike wrote:A few of you have heard this story already...

I love when that happens. I came home yesterday and found my neighbors trying to launch a small kite. They had the spars all wrong and in a few mins, I had it fixed and flying for them. I used the opportunity to break out my Circoflex and it blew them away that something like that could even fly. For the next 20 mins, I had my iphone showing them a bunch of iquad videos and photos of some of the larger show pieces. The reaction was very gratifying. I explained all that we do with both 180Go and IKE and hopefully, will have a few more fans at our festivals here in my area.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Fri, Apr 10 2009, 09:23 AM

Mike wrote:A few of you have heard this story already...

A couple days ago, I wore my new 180 GO! jacket into the bank. My back was to the tellers while I filled out my deposit slip. A couple tellers read the "180GO!" on my back and googled it. When I got to the counter they had the 180GO! web page on their computer and were looking at the photos and video.
They were all excited about what the kites could do and called other tellers over to watch videos and look at the photos. We talked about kites for at least 20 minutes.
Several years ago I used to fly in a field across from this bank (the field is no longer there--it's a Walgreens). One of the tellers said she used to watch me on her break. After hearing stories and looking at photos, another teller wanted my autograph and posted it at her station.
It was all good fun and sure put a smile on my face for the rest of the afternoon! I guess I got my moneys worth out of that jacket already :-D

That's great!!

Return to “180GO!”