I Flew Out At Montrose Beach Today

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Jeff

I Flew Out At Montrose Beach Today

Postby Jeff » Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:04 AM

I had to be down in the city today, so of course I had my kites in the car, and I wasn't too far from Montrose Beach. NNW winds at 10 with gusts as high as 25 I'd say.

Had some interesting looks from some of the beachgoers, and some interest was expressed in kites in general, so I directed them to check out our site and Chicago Kite. Showed off a little, too. It was easy, not having the rest of you guys there to make me look more novice. :P

There were some people playing soccer behind me at one point with a ball that was lighter than a regular soccer ball. I had seen a few of them get blown down the beach, and someone would have to chase it down as the wind pushed along pretty fast. One time the ball was heading away under where I was flying my quad...I dropped down inverted, landed and scooted sideways like a goalie. Stopped the ball and held it with the kite so the person could get it with less of a run. It was much appreciated. 8)
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Re: I Flew Out At Montrose Beach Today

Postby Mike » Wed, Jun 20 2007, 08:54 AM

That sounds like a fun day. Catching the soccer ball must have wowed the crowd. :up:

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Wed, Jun 20 2007, 11:23 AM

cool

great place to fly :up: :up:

And :thanks:

www.chicagokite.com

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Jun 21 2007, 08:17 PM

Montrose Beach is a very awesome spot to fly! i bet it was a sweet bit of time! :wink:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Club Discussion”